Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape

Album is great. This album, Future self titled, Freddie Gibbs You Only Live Twice & GrandeMarshall Risk/Reward album are my top rap albums of the yr so far

Last edited:
I've listened to this album about 3 times all the way through and its really good. I am really happy how Joey has grown as artist. I love 1999 and always will but this is his most complete and cohesive project. Great message and I love how the album goes from light to dark and speaks on the frustrations of black people in this country and dealing with the system.

I really enjoy the tracks on this album. I think Super Predator may be favorite. The only track I didn't really care for was Ring The Alarm.

I hope Joey's fans support this album as I know I will and I am glad to see he isn't dumbing down his music but rather expanding his sound while still having a message.

Only got halfway through. The only reason I checked this album out is off the strength of his mask off freestyle. I don't understand, if he likes those types of beats why not get something like that for his own stuff? This album ain't bad or anything but I can't do the production. Some of it just isn't good. Not saying it has to be trap beats but it could be better. Dude can rap for sure but he's gotta figure out a way to make this more appealing to the ears :lol: album sounds very mellow and chill.

Joey got another one :smokin,one of the few rappers you can genuinely see improving each project

Glad he didn't go with trapish beats,especially with the subject matter on this,it just wouldn't fit. So much smoother as it is and of course the message behind the album is :pimp:

Last edited:
Gon peep later.

Shorty really done grown before our eyes. Damn man. It's been like 6 years since 1999 :x :lol:.

We getting old.

Haven't really listened to him much aside from a handful of songs just cause I felt there's other dudes in his lane that make better music than him, but seems like he really found his voice, and doesn't sound like he's pressing and trying too hard. Land of the Free, Super Predator, Rockabye Baby, and Devastated are cool with me. Real mellow towards the end

Digging the new joint, as expected. I see what youre saying about the mellowness, but that's totally fine with me. Perfect for driving and lounging

Back
Top Bottom