Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Is the bleeding red leather a significant issue on these?

I already own too many Jordans with suede or nubuck that I refuse to wear on days with rain in the forecast.

...I wouldn't pay $500 or more for another shoe that I was scared to get wet.

Are they going to make another straight retro after these though? I feel like they’d consider this one as hitting their Chicago retro on cycle. That’s one reason I went ahead and got them on resale. Already missed out once when I was a broke student back in 2015.

Chicago’s are dope don’t get me wrong, but the mystique about them was a direct correlation with the last dance and the fact it was the first time we got them in a while. Quality wise they’re nothing we’ve never seen before and these are a nice comparison if you don’t mind the gimmick. I’d rather pay $450-$500 for these over the chicagos. I have one pair of 2015s on ice still and got tempted to sell with the last dance hype years ago but held on to them

Needless to say I can’t see them releasing a regular version of them again soon since we just got these

Are they going to make another straight retro after these though? I feel like they’d consider this one as hitting their Chicago retro on cycle. That’s one reason I went ahead and got them on resale. Already missed out once when I was a broke student back in 2015.
I guess I assumed they would do another OG retro by 2025, because why wouldn't they?

They'd sell out in a half a second and I don't think it would diminish the hype at all.

...but I'm sure others here have a better sense of that than I do.

Do you have a pair of 2015s?

Isn't a straight Chicago retro sometime over the next two years more likely than not?

If so, I'd rather wait for that than shell out $500 for a double up on the Lost and Founds.

Especially if you have a sizable shoe collection and only wear them once or 2 or 3 times a month.

No I do not have a pair of the 15’s Chicago. I struck out on them on SNKRS, refused to pay resale every time, $300, $400, etc and before I knew it they were going for $2k.

I do think they will retro again eventually but I doubt jb will give us a straight up 85 cut or something close to the og’s..they’ll probably butcher it up with whatever they think of next. And I’m sure demand will be just as crazy if not crazier than lnf. I’ll probably be in my 40’s by then and im not sure if I want to be competing with 15 year olds for j’s then. Plus, the lnf’s feel incredible in hand. The moment you take them out of the box they look and feel special. Easily became my favorite pair in my collection.

I don’t have a huge rotation but I really would like a pair of Chicagos to rock. I might just have to bite the bullet and pay $500 now and not regret it later when they’re going for $1000+.

No I do not have a pair of the 15’s Chicago. I struck out on them on SNKRS, refused to pay resale every time, $300, $400, etc and before I knew it they were going for $2k.

I do think they will retro again eventually but I doubt jb will give us a straight up 85 cut or something close to the og’s..they’ll probably butcher it up with whatever they think of next. And I’m sure demand will be just as crazy if not crazier than lnf. I’ll probably be in my 40’s by then and im not sure if I want to be competing with 15 year olds for j’s then. Plus, the lnf’s feel incredible in hand. The moment you take them out of the box they look and feel special. Easily became my favorite pair in my collection.

I don’t have a huge rotation but I really would like a pair of Chicagos to rock. I might just have to bite the bullet and pay $500 now and not regret it later when they’re going for $1000+.
Given what you just said, I say go for it.

$500…just do it bruh.

Is the bleeding red leather a significant issue on these?

I already own too many Jordans with suede or nubuck that I refuse to wear on days with rain in the forecast.

...I wouldn't pay $500 or more for another shoe that I was scared to get wet.
I wouldn't say significant but it happens. The red will bleed onto lighter colored laces, regardless if they get wet. If you do wipe them, some red will rub off but just be careful not to wipe the midsole or white upper with the red stained towel.

It's something to be cautious about but not that bad.

As far as a deep clean with a cleaner and brush, I can't speak on that. But I've seen videos where people wipe off the soap suds immediately after they scrub so the red doesn't transfer anywhere else.

its not going to go down

I dont think any rendition of Chicagos went down, get then now

I made the same mistake with the 2015s, now they are far out of my spending range

Found some locally for 440 and 480, probably the cheapest I'm going to get smh

I guess I assumed they would do another OG retro by 2025, because why wouldn't they?

They'd sell out in a half a second and I don't think it would diminish the hype at all.

...but I'm sure others here have a better sense of that than I do.
because these came out

If you can cop at or below $500 OTD, I say do it. Prices will only continue to climb. Hell, you might even want to scoop a couple pairs and see if they triple in value like the ‘15s.

So there's going to be a 15+ year gap between releases of the real Chicagos?

Real...meaning something that basically approximates the look, materials of the original.

i’d recommend seeing these in person before dropping 500+ imo

i finally saw these today and i think they overdid the whole reimagined aging process

the cement 3s in comparison seem minimal which i think they did it perfect

had they just done the dusty sole and i guess the cracked collar (which im not crazy about) i think i would have liked them better

but the yellowing AND the cracking of the leather along the entire shoe was just off putting to me.

if you got them and you enjoy them then perfect. but for me as someone who has pretty much every jordan 1 except the regular chicagos which have eluded me, for me i don’t think these would fill that void.

i was just surprised to see every youtube (some who’s opinion i actual value ie nightwing) call this the sneaker of the year.

If you can cop at or below $500 OTD, I say do it. Prices will only continue to climb. Hell, you might even want to scoop a couple pairs and see if they triple in value like the ‘15s.
i feel like the 15s skyrocketed because they were so much harder to get than any other 1

they botched that release badly iirc and they were a nightmare to get

then the other releases outside of travis collabs were far easier to come by and i think people wanted the Chicago’s even more to complete the set (myself included)

also at the time they were the inexpensive version of the off white chicagos

i think these things factor heavily into why their price climbed so high

I’d guess these L+Fs have pushed any other Chicago retro for another 7+ years

I'd be surprised if they didn't do something in 2025 for the 40th anniversary. I would guess they do an 85 mold version, but who knows.

I'd be surprised if they didn't do something in 2025 for the 40th anniversary. I would guess they do an 85 mold version, but who knows.
Yeah maybe. They might do something even more gimmicky and ultra limited… a mass produced GR in the 85 or OG high mold, I doubt it. I can’t even say with certainty that JB even knows 2025 is the 40th anny 🤣

i feel like the 15s skyrocketed because they were so much harder to get than any other 1

they botched that release badly iirc and they were a nightmare to get

then the other releases outside of travis collabs were far easier to come by and i think people wanted the Chicago’s even more to complete the set (myself included)

also at the time they were the inexpensive version of the off white chicagos

i think these things factor heavily into why their price climbed so high

valid points, but now the Lost and Found's are going to be sought by those that don't have the '15s, don't have the OW's, and don't have any other hyped AJ1 :lol:

i’d recommend seeing these in person before dropping 500+ imo

i finally saw these today and i think they overdid the whole reimagined aging process

the cement 3s in comparison seem minimal which i think they did it perfect

had they just done the dusty sole and i guess the cracked collar (which im not crazy about) i think i would have liked them better

but the yellowing AND the cracking of the leather along the entire shoe was just off putting to me.

if you got them and you enjoy them then perfect. but for me as someone who has pretty much every jordan 1 except the regular chicagos which have eluded me, for me i don’t think these would fill that void.

i was just surprised to see every youtube (some who’s opinion i actual value ie nightwing) call this the sneaker of the year.

Definitely valid points. I’m not a fan of the cracked collar either, you don’t even see too many og’s that are cracked as much as lnf’s so they def could’ve skipped that. However, the rest of the shoe I think was executed really well. The red part is so smooth and supple, and the off white sail color really makes the shoe appear vintage. With the white laces on it just has this unique look that the only the lnf’s have vs other Chicago’s.

But would I rather have the 15 version? Hell yea, who wouldn’t? It just boils down to do you want to pay $500 or $1500-2000?

I think I’m going to go for that double up for real this time. Just waiting on that eBay 10% off. :pimp:

valid points, but now the Lost and Found's are going to be sought by those that don't have the '15s, don't have the OW's, and don't have any other hyped AJ1 :lol:
Basically me lol. I only really like the Chicagos and black toes. Black toes may be my favorite but I'm not gonna spend nearly 700 on a 7 year old shoe. So here I am. My pair came in today lol.

Back
Top Bottom