Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Probably not many. I don't see the movie being any different. Lost and Founds had the SNKRS app in a frenzy. You know there will be scenes where they have some cool shots of those 1s. This will be the driving force for resellers to capitalize...

I’ve seen the movie (was at the world premiere) and the Jordan 1 has probably about 30-60 seconds of total screen time. Not saying value won’t rise - it probably will. But they spend very little time actually showing the shoe.

Ah yes showing a shoe that just released randomly popping up means they’re “sitting”

:lol:

Nobody is saying Jordan’s don’t sell out, you’re acting like these shoes are gonna skyrocket based off a movie that’s being released in theaters and going straight to prime. As if this movies going to be 90 straight minutes showing the Jordan 1

And tax money is Covid money? Lawd I can’t

As already stated, the free Covid money was the key ingredient in the sneaker boom of 2020-2021

It’s no coincidence the “market crashed” as soon as the free money stopped

Same reason it suddenly became easier to get a PS5 and a Nintendo Switch once that money stopped

Without that key ingredient you’re never gonna see the market do what it did in 2020 again. No movie can get people acting crazy with their hard earned money the way they was with that free money

I really don’t think Matt Damon and Ben Aflac are gonna be moving the market on J’s
There’s no Jordan in the movie, & the story is how they convinced his parents to get him to sign, I’m not sure why everyone wants this to be some second coming of resell reckoning with high *** prices. Why would anyone want that?! 😂 The movie might not even do good on top of everything 🤷🏾‍♂️ they gotta chill with all the fearmongering!

There’s no Jordan in the movie, & the story is how they convinced his parents to get him to sign, I’m not sure why everyone wants this to be some second coming of resell reckoning with high *** prices. Why would anyone want that?! 😂 The movie might not even do good on top of everything 🤷🏾‍♂️ they gotta chill with all the fearmongering!

Reviews coming in are really good. Affleck is a solid director.

I don’t know how that will translate to sneaker sales but the movie has promise.

I don’t know how that will translate to sneaker sales but the movie has promise.
I’ll bet, he tends to have really great movies. I just don’t think it’s about to be this runaway smash that makes Marvel money though. I plan on checking it out. I just don’t see it making Lost & Founds or all Chicago variants spike.

That’s the other thing. Why do people want sneaker prices to go through the roof again? Are people not enjoying this buyers market?

Seems like there’s a lot of resellers who bought inventory at the peak of the market who now gotta pray that prices go crazy again so they can recoup

Everybody has until April 5th.. Mark my words...all Chicago esque 1s will go up in price...

Screenshot_20230319_172015_YouTube.jpg
Hate that I read this…because I was on the fence and now I pulled the trigger on eBay. First time I ever paid resell for anything.

Man maybe it really is the movie coming out like someone said but I also finally bit the bullet just now and paid resale on stockx. Yes yes, I know it's stockx but I've only had good experiences with them, plus the price was around what I was willing to spend. Ended up paying $485 after fees/shipping. I wanted to pay between $450-475 but I didn't want to lose the opportunity over $10.

This is my second pair but I paid retail for my first so at least it softened the blow a little paying resale on the second. I hesitated since RD on getting the second pair even though deep down I knew it would happen anyway. I thought nah, prices will hit $400 when they were going for $450. It never came down and it's been slowly climbing to $500. If you can get it for <$500, and you know you will buy a pair down the road, trust me, do it now. I made this mistake with the 2015 Chicagos and won't do that again. I gotta say though, I don't remember the last time paying this much resale on a pair of sneakers...probably around the pink box SB days.

Both pairs are going to be lifers in my collection. One will be rocked until they look like OG's and the other will be taken out of the box to be admired from time to time. My favorite shoe in my collection right now, I am stoked! :pimp:

Edit: there's been like 10 people that just paid resale in the last 24 hours (myself included) but before that this thread saw maybe 5 posts per day. It's definitely the movie. :rofl:

Man maybe it really is the movie coming out like someone said but I also finally bit the bullet just now and paid resale on stockx. Yes yes, I know it's stockx but I've only had good experiences with them, plus the price was around what I was willing to spend. Ended up paying $485 after fees/shipping. I wanted to pay between $450-475 but I didn't want to lose the opportunity over $10.

This is my second pair but I paid retail for my first so at least it softened the blow a little paying resale on the second. I hesitated since RD on getting the second pair even though deep down I knew it would happen anyway. I thought nah, prices will hit $400 when they were going for $450. It never came down and it's been slowly climbing to $500. If you can get it for <$500, and you know you will buy a pair down the road, trust me, do it now. I made this mistake with the 2015 Chicagos and won't do that again. I gotta say though, I don't remember the last time paying this much resale on a pair of sneakers...probably around the pink box SB days.

Both pairs are going to be lifers in my collection. One will be rocked until they look like OG's and the other will be taken out of the box to be admired from time to time. My favorite shoe in my collection right now, I am stoked! :pimp:

Edit: there's been like 10 people that just paid resale in the last 24 hours (myself included) but before that this thread saw maybe 5 posts per day. It's definitely the movie. :rofl:
How well do you think these are going to hold up under significant wear?

…with the cracked leather and the red that bleeds?

Haha…seriously. I might have been a bit buzzed when I pulled the trigger, but that movie post pushed me over the edge of my purchasing hesitation! Also had just finished paying my taxes and needed something kickass in my life.

How well do you think these are going to hold up under significant wear?

…with the cracked leather and the red that bleeds?

Hmm, I was just thinking about this before as well. I doubt I'll wear them to "beater status" but just normal wear. I'm not sure how to clean this shoe because the red does bleed quite easily and I don't think I want to get it wet. Not really worried about the cracked leather, Nike has done some in the past and they seem to hold up pretty well. Would be interesting to see some daily worn pairs though and how they're holding up.

The movie definitely has an actor playing Jordan in it , though you never see his face. But there’s lots of archival footage of actual Michael Jordan. The movie is gonna be a big hit and it’s gonna get a lot of non sneaker-heads going “hmm i wanna get some Jordans.” It really has that energy.

That’s the other thing. Why do people want sneaker prices to go through the roof again? Are people not enjoying this buyers market?

Seems like there’s a lot of resellers who bought inventory at the peak of the market who now gotta pray that prices go crazy again so they can recoup
Buyers market? These are sitting between $475 and $500, that's still high to me lol. I'm definitely full of regret right now, but I just got a ridiculous profit sharing so that kinda soften the blow. My wife still may kill me though when she see the charge.

The movie definitely has an actor playing Jordan in it , though you never see his face. But there’s lots of archival footage of actual Michael Jordan. The movie is gonna be a big hit and it’s gonna get a lot of non sneaker-heads going “hmm i wanna get some Jordans.” It really has that energy.
Whatever you say man. I already know you don’t see his face, as there’s no actor cast as Jordan. Because the story isn’t him, it’s about the company & the people who got the deal done. Of course some people will see it & buy shoes, that doesn’t mean it’s going to be 2020 again, all this hoping or worrying for that is unnecessary. None of that means the prices are going to go up hundreds of dollars. It just looks like a good movie.

I think it comes down to how good the movie actually is and how many people will end up seeing it

Yeah we don’t have free covid money anymore but those big red boots proves that if there’s enough mainstream attention around a shoe people will still happily pay resale prices no matter how ugly it is

With that said I hope this movie is super corny and ends up making prices go down

Buyers market? These are sitting between $475 and $500, that's still high to me lol. I'm definitely full of regret right now, but I just got a ridiculous profit sharing so that kinda soften the blow. My wife still may kill me though when she see the charge.

If L&F 1s came out in 2020-2021 they would have been $800-900 on the aftermarket since people was treating that Gov money like Chuck E Cheese tokens

If people was paying $800 for Yeezy 700V2 Statics and 700V3 Azaels, and $900 for some Black Cat 4s, these would have been a dumb price since the supply v demand gap would have been multiple times bigger

So while $450 is not chump change, it is still indicative of the current buyers market. Where everything is down from astronomical. Let’s keep it that way. In no hurry to see things go the other way again

Unlike during The Last Dance, we're no longer in Stage 5 of a global pandemic with nothing to do but sit around and spend free federal handouts.

Plus it's possible that those newfound "sneakerheads" who were influenced by The Last Dance have already gotten their Chicago impulse buy out of their system.

...but who knows.

Damn…ordered my pair from GOAT Sunday night. They shipped from HK and are out for delivery to the west coast today!

Purchased stuff from J. Crew and always wait at least 7 days for it to come cross country.

Back
Top Bottom