Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Production date was in 94
vdobe2xpwzpk7o5xvkgx.jpg
Released in 95

And this is why accuracy in storytelling doesn't matter anymore because it gets tainted over the years.
Do you need a box of tissues? Lol Delivery is more essential in storytelling than accuracy. You seem to connect actual facts with storytelling when no such connection is required. I dont know the exact date MJ shattered the backboard when playing in Italy but I can YouTube it and see him shattering glass over 3 dudes!! And that makes me not even care about a date!

Stop being so dramatic. It’s been almost 30 years since the 94’s came out. No one cares their exact date. We all know its the first retro of the 1.

Not trying to single you out but why does the community continue to refer to the AJ 1 retros from "94" when they really dropped in 1995?

Production date was in 94
vdobe2xpwzpk7o5xvkgx.jpg

What Head said. It's always kinda bugged me too haha. But yes, they definitely didn't come out til 1995.

EDIT: I still don't see a thing about these that looks "more" like the 95's/94's.

Do you need a box of tissues? Lol Delivery is more essential in storytelling than accuracy. You seem to connect actual facts with storytelling when no such connection is required. I dont know the exact date MJ shattered the backboard when playing in Italy but I can YouTube it and see him shattering glass over 3 dudes!! And that makes me not even care about a date!

Stop being so dramatic. It’s been almost 30 years since the 94’s came out. No one cares their exact date. We all know its the first retro of the 1.

Nah. I just think it's comical at this point because even though people know they were released in 95 (unless you're hearing this for the very first time), they're culturally referenced as 94s. I don't know if it's because people are uneducated about the release, or just ultimately refuse or are afraid to call them 95s. I don't mind getting crucified over it because 95 is the correct year they released. Same with the AJ 2. The AJ 3 is the only one that released in 94.

Nah. I just think it's comical at this point because even though people know they were released in 95 (unless you're hearing this for the very first time), they're culturally referenced as 94s. I don't know if it's because people are uneducated about the release, or just ultimately refuse or are afraid to call them 95s. I don't mind getting crucified over it because 95 is the correct year they released. Same with the AJ 2. The AJ 3 is the only one that released in 94.

Release dates back then didn’t matter all that much because practically ever Jordan sat for months. Not to mention the newer Generation was probably in diapers in 94-95 and they base mostly everything on tag dates. Even Nike base their warranty on tag date, not actual release dates.

Last edited:
Release dates back then didn’t matter all that much because practically ever Jordan sat for months. Not to mention the newer Generation was probably in diapers in 94-95 and they base mostly everything on tag dates. Even Nike base their warranty on tag date, not actual release dates.

I’m ‘95 and have personally never used the tag to date a shoe. Granted i’m 100% a niche because i know my release dates and sneakers. Only time i do is if i own the shoe and can’t remember what year but i’ll add 4-6 months to it because ik it’s not released immediately after production

But i’ve always used 94/95 when talking about the Chicago’s, makes it easier and i’m not debating any one :lol:

Nobody today really cares anymore about the correct history of these things. Dates and years dont mean ****. Who cares really? Around here, we are redefining the term OG.

Ehhh, that's not entirely true. Back before they started numbering Jordans, everybody referred to them by year. 3's = 88's, 4's = 89's, 5's = 90's and so on. 1's were just "the first Jordans" lol. No goofy nicknames or anything. "Yo man, you got any Jordans?" "Yeah, I got the white and grey 89's and the black 90's."

To their (wild young cats) defense.. if I was 17 and they were dropping like 14 Jordans/Nikes a month I wouldn't remember ****. We used to get like 14 a year :lol:

Ehhh, that's not entirely true. Back before they started numbering Jordans, everybody referred to them by year. 3's = 88's, 4's = 89's, 5's = 90's and so on. 1's were just "the first Jordans" lol. No goofy nicknames or anything. "Yo man, you got any Jordans?" "Yeah, I got the white and grey 89's and the black 90's."

Your comment doesn’t really make any sense as a reply to mine…but I have never heard a person call them by year. They were just simply New/old Jordans.

My comment was no one really cared about release dates back then…not until the Concord 11s when sold out Jordans and lines started.

As a 22 year old, I just called them '94s because that's what they're known as. Honestly the first retro run of Jordan's is something I'm not super knowledgeable on, date wise so I learned something new in this little back and forth you guys just had.

Your comment doesn’t really make any sense as a reply to mine…but I have never heard a person call them by year. They were just simply New/old Jordans.

My comment was no one really cared about release dates back then…not until the Concord 11s when sold out Jordans and lines started.

I meeeean, it kinda does. You were talking about release dates not mattering in a discussion about the 95/94 Jordan 1 retro. I was saying that they did matter for that reason.

Never heard them called by year like jshortt jshortt I've only seen that for Air Maxes.. but I do remember when we called them the new Jordans-no numbers.

Yeah, let me clarify that. Never called that officially by Nike or anything like that. Ohio/Kentucky did this. We definitely did the new Jordans/old Jordans thing, but old usually just meant the most recent "old" model.

Never heard them called by year like jshortt jshortt I've only seen that for Air Maxes.. but I do remember when we called them the new Jordans-no numbers.

Same around my way…It was simply ~New Jordan’s ~ while the previous years model was ~Old Jordan’s~

Don’t think people in my area even started with numbers until maybe the 8’s or 9’s and even then it was the people who were “into” sneakers…

Blame it on Nike because a bunch of the time the box tags would just be “Air Jordan” from certain factories, while others would be “Jordan 8” or even “Jordan VIII”…They didn’t even give enough of a **** to make them uniform…Now here we are decades, and countless dumb *** nick names later, STILL questioning why people call certain shoes something…Honestly, who cares at this point…It would be one thing if modern sneaker heads were actually into this hobby for the shoes, but we all know it’s a money thing now…Why the hell am I going to waste my time trying to educate somebody that literally couldn’t possibly care less about the history of the sneaker? No sweat off my back…Call em what you want 🤷‍♂️

Honestly, who cares at this point…It would be one thing if modern sneaker heads were actually into this hobby for the shoes, but we all know it’s a money thing now…Why the hell am I going to waste my time trying to educate somebody that literally couldn’t possibly care less about the history of the sneaker? No sweat off my back…Call em what you want 🤷‍♂️

Can’t say this statement applies to everyone though. There’s a good amount of enthusiasts that love this ****. Even the new gen cats that want to learn about sneakers from someone willing to put them on game.

I’m just glad there are some folks at the brand that embrace some of those stories. Like these 1s coming out in November with the unique packaging.

Back
Top Bottom