Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Nike has done aged sneakers for years too. Tailwinds 79, Air Max 2012 vintage pack —hell these aren’t even the first aged Chicago if you count the AJKOs in 2010.

But to your point. I agree, the aged theme ran its course. As usual Nike gets inspired by social media and the interest in the aged movement.

I saw these at Stadium Goods earlier today and man do they look good!
0C765403-C520-4807-B1B9-212A2AE0A107.jpeg

There is a nice article about these on Defector (mostly former Deadspin writers). Defector is my favorite sports blog. Their writers are great.

The New Chicago Jordan 1s Are For Poseurs

I found this part particularly nice...

The box is aged, for instance. It is not even complete, as the top is designed to look like the box from the AJKO, as if the store lost one lid and had to use another. There are sale stickers on the side. Vintage Nike ads paper the box. It even comes with a fake receipt from “Sandy Bros Sporting Goods,” attesting that it sold the sneaker on clearance in 1986.

It’s a really clever marketing idea, and a great sneaker story. It’s also utter nonsense. Nike has spent the last few years destroying the business of mom and pop sneaker shops; the most fanciful thing about this sneaker, in 2022, is the idea of finding a mom and pop sneaker store in the first place. It is for this reason, if not only for this reason, that the new Air Jordan 1 is a ****ty shoe for poseurs and people who are paid, in one way or another, to pass along Nike’s bull****. It’s for people who like to think what Nike wants them to think. This sneaker sucks.

One thing I'm actually confused by is the leather on the side panels behind the swoosh. Sometimes it looks like smooth full grain leather, sometimes it looks like cracked leather. Even the couple in-person shots we've seen are showing both. Any thoughts?

This (and the stadium goods pair above) looks like cracked leather to me
1661515492029.png

vs what airthompson airthompson shared, which looks smooth
1661515541770.png

Curious if anyone who doesnt own a 2015 pair or the ow chicagos can possibly pass on these? Yea id rather have a new pair without cracked leather but ill take it before some more recent mid chicago toe nonsense lol

Tbh i do like the slightly aged look but id never pay to have a pair yellow markered :rofl:

There is a nice article about these on Defector (mostly former Deadspin writers). Defector is my favorite sports blog. Their writers are great.

The New Chicago Jordan 1s Are For Poseurs

I found this part particularly nice...

I don't think it's clever; I think it's downright insulting given the state of mom and pop stores. I see it as some young marketer thinking they're being imaginative and clever, but missing the point, and highlighting how no one wanted these back in the day when they should have been the most relevant. But now everyone is lusting for them b/c of the pathetic state of the sneaker resell market. Probably the same person who dreamed up the Oreo 5 Moonlight campaign...bunch of idiots.

Curious if anyone who doesnt own a 2015 pair or the ow chicagos can possibly pass on these? Yea id rather have a new pair without cracked leather but ill take it before some more recent mid chicago toe nonsense lol

Tbh i do like the slightly aged look but id never pay to have a pair yellow markered :rofl:

I still have my 2015’s in good shape so these aren’t a must…I’ll shoot my shot of course but they aren’t mandatory, and aftermarket if I do strike out at retail isn’t going to happen…

I totally get why they do gimmicks....it'll sell a shoe...but 1 like this didn't need all that extra bs. Wish they just gave us a og 85 Chicago with the regular box. Something just feels off about these. If I had a choice I'd take the 2015 over em.

I've never owned a pair of a Chicago 1s in my life and I'm not going to start by lowering my standards enough to buy a gimmicky version of them. I can wait for a proper release. I hope those that genuinely want these get them with ease though.

One thing I'm actually confused by is the leather on the side panels behind the swoosh. Sometimes it looks like smooth full grain leather, sometimes it looks like cracked leather. Even the couple in-person shots we've seen are showing both. Any thoughts?

This (and the stadium goods pair above) looks like cracked leather to me
1661515492029.png

vs what airthompson airthompson shared, which looks smooth
1661515541770.png

They’re all like that

Just do the 85 mold. Not this half and half 85 and high og garbage.

Nike has all the molds, documentation, drawings, original designs, measurements, reference models, resources (even the OG people) to perfectly reproduce the original Chicago 1s. With todays technology they could do it at scale down to the millimeter.

It’s not that they can’t, it’s that they don’t want to. ****ing it up IS literally the business plan.

We’re all endlessly chasing that first high. Nike’s not going to ever give it to us. So we keep chasing. The next pair will give us what we asked for this time but **** up
the midsole and the Nike logo. Then it will be the toe box. Than the tongue and wing emboss.

There will ALWAYS be one or two things off by them.

Y'all and your cookie cutter *** commentary :lol: there ain't a damn thread on NT where folks don't say some **** like that. "Everyone hates them now but will be trying for them on release day..." "Watch these 'grow' on everyone..." this **** is like listening to workplace small talk or nails on a chalkboard :rofl:

Quiggles706 Quiggles706 lest we forget nike been doing this for a long time, too. The first time I remember seeing it was 2008 with vintage dunks. Then of course we got the vintage AJKOs 2010, vintage air maxes in 2013. I personally prefer pairs from the factory to look new but I wear all my shoes hard anyway so I don't care that much. Customizers that "age" shoes are stupid as hell though, they make brand new shoes straight up dirty. All the pairs I see from them look way more ran through than my actual 15-20+ year old shoes that I own.

They soaking them in coffee 😂

The closest I have to Chicago 1s is the Spider Man Origin Stories. These are an absolute must cop though.

I totally get why they do gimmicks....it'll sell a shoe...but 1 like this didn't need all that extra bs. Wish they just gave us a og 85 Chicago with the regular box. Something just feels off about these. If I had a choice I'd take the 2015 over em.
They will. I think that's what this AJ1 reimagined pair is leading up to. And if the stock is as high as it's rumored to be then I think this Nike's way to cool some tempers for the L's people will take when the 85 cut is released.

Back
Top Bottom