Jordan 9 doernbecher to release 11/30 - $175

i think RSVP is a damn raffle not based on how fast u tweeted my girl tqeeted before me and i got thru...... goes to show u

I have a job as well, and go to school. Yet I was still able to find time to pick up my kicks on release dates. It was easier for me to arrange the release date so I could be free on that specific day. Now I'd have to use 2 days. One to TwitterCamp and one to pick up the shoes in the timeframe. Besides the shady **** going on. Like I said earlier, I DMd Roosevelt field about a minute and a half after it went live, size 10.5. My friend also DMd them, seconds before they closed for the same size and got a confirmation. Seems off to me. 
Online camping honestly does not take that much effort man. I was in the middle of writing up something for work when the RSVP tweet went out, and I still got through. Just use something that gives you notifications for new tweets. You don't have to stare at the damn Twitter website all day and hit refresh.

And "a minute and a half" and "seconds before they closed" doesn't cut it. Think about it, you're competing against maybe hundreds of other dudes going for the same shoes which they might only have 40-50 pairs of. You honestly think you're gonna get through 90 seconds after they open it up? It's not rocket science. I've gotten through multiple times, and of the times I've actually gotten through, I responded within 5-10 seconds of the tweet going out. I definitely haven't batted 1.000 with RSVPs, but I do well enough just by being quick. Bottom line, some of the guys complaining simply aren't quick enough, or if they are, they're probably going after a popular enough size that it's just gonna be a difference of a couple seconds between copping and not copping.

People striking out on NDC feels a hell of a lot worse than not getting a Twitter RSVP. Why aren't people rioting Beaverton?
As for the comment on THB, you do realize the pairs he got aren't for himself right? They're for fellow NT'ers. But I digress.
people striking out on NDC already know going in that they are competing with a huge mass of people. not sure how you think it's worse. RSVP is local and different and there's a physical store that people can put blame on. big difference.

Rioting in Beaverton? I'm sure it could happen eventually but Nike will change the process before it gets to that. People rioted in beaverton about Nike keeping Lance Armstrong and then the next day he was cut loose. Go figure....

I thought it was pretty suspicious that Nike Portland had been using an automated RSVP system for awhile and then for this Doernbecher they suddenly didn't use it lol. The automated system would give you a response within seconds with a computer code attached to the message along with a message saying your size isn't available and to try a different size. It was very efficient and more important, trustworthy. But why didn't they use it for the Doernbecher? And why do places like Mercer take 8 hours to do a task that should take an hour at the most? 

Just checked my DM inbox and saw the my confirmation DM... 12 hours later... :lol: I sat on my phone all day at work and was barely able to get anything done. As soon as my phone went off, I dropped whatever I was doing, quickly sent the DM, shut off notifications, then just went about my day completely confident I secured a pair. Checked my inbox 12 hours later and I was right. I am now 5/5 with the RSVP and have complete confidence that I can secure a pair of Bred XIs with it.

i think RSVP is a damn raffle not based on how fast u tweeted my girl tqeeted before me and i got thru...... goes to show u
Well funny you said that. I had my girl do it to, she never got a message back. I figured she did it wrong/spelled the hashtag wrong or whatever the case might've been. To me it wasn't worth the fight and argument, just looked at her phone. She was swifter than me, got the message within seconds. No confirmation. 

I was in class in a building with barely service. Damn you Nassau Community College. 

Just checked my DM inbox and saw the my confirmation DM... 12 hours later...
laugh.gif
I sat on my phone all day at work and was barely able to get anything done. As soon as my phone went off, I dropped whatever I was doing, quickly sent the DM, shut off notifications, then just went about my day completely confident I secured a pair. Checked my inbox 12 hours later and I was right. I am now 5/5 with the RSVP and have complete confidence that I can secure a pair of Bred XIs with it.
Any tips for me to be successful with the RSVP. Don't wanna miss the BredXIs, or the Thunder 4s. 

damn bro im sorry about that.... she was tight about it lol altho the shoes were for me lml
She thought I was mad (Acted like I wasn't but was swearing like a sailor in my head) I brushed it off. I'll figure out a way to get these though. I'm pretty confident in myself. No way will I turn to a reseller. 

one of my boys got the DM at roosevelt for the raptor 7s he got there & they freaking sold it...... i dont want that to happen to me w these 9s thats y im asking if anyone has experience u know so i can know whether to go at 9am or i can i hang n a lil later so i can get someone to roll with me

Yea this is how problems start ill b hella pissed

Does anyone have a really good close up pic of the 13th on the tongue...I'm thinking about cutting the thread of the 13 I don't want that # there messes up the shoe for me..I seen the pics on page 11 but I can't tell

^^^anywhere to park thats close to the niketown dc, havent been to the new store yet
Lol, I'm just as new to it as you are. That's why I was hoping for an earlier time frame, so I can actually get a feel for the area. I guess I'll just get there 30 mins early, no biggie.

^^^ same here man used to live in md and go to dc all the time but never went on that side when to store was Barnes & Noble

IS THIS WHAT NIKETALK HAVE TURNED INTO??? PEOPLE SELLING "ADVICE FOR NIKE RSVP SECRETS" LMAOOOO
roll.gif
roll.gif

NEVER KNEW SNEAKERS BUYING HAS TURN INTO A CONSULTING BUSINESS
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
Can't even be mad tho.  Nike's made it nearly impossible for people to land limited shoes.

Guess I need to eventually cave and make a Twitter, although this is probably the only hyped release I'll be going after for quite a while unless JB decides to play games with the Nike Air 1's.

This man hater tho...definitely got the juice.
laugh.gif

Just a heads up, My big bro still BS'in on picking up my pair in CHI. So Im sure there should be a size 13 in the pairs that dont get picked up there. 

Saw someone post earlier about name swap, Can you do that after you've already RSVP'd? If so, I may have to go ahread and help a fellow NT'er out.

Just a heads up, My big bro still BS'in on picking up my pair in CHI. So Im sure there should be a size 13 in the pairs that dont get picked up there. 

Saw someone post earlier about name swap, Can you do that after you've already RSVP'd? If so, I may have to go ahread and help a fellow NT'er out.
Man that sucks...Same thing happened to me once. Hit me up if that's the case lol. I got a lot of fam in Chi since I was raised there. Gonna be up there next month. 

Last edited:
Not sure if you can name swap once the RSVP is done. I'll probably pick my pair up towards the end and lurk for any unclaimed shoes.

NTSM on some shady ish
mean.gif

Missed out on NTLA because I had to be somewhere, but I ain't even mad. Resellers can go crazy over these..
eyes.gif

Thanks jumpmankb I was going to park at the pentagon city mall and catch the metro but might just stop near Nike and let my wife run in quickly since she got a RSVP not me

Seen this on twitter. Dude offering trades to Nike DC for the db9. Nike DC dawg. Y'all kids need to calm down man. Its not THAT serious.

If you're going to drive then park at the mall then you might as well just drive into Georgetown. I work at the Pentagon and like I said my gf works in Georgetown so I'm pretty familiar with traveling between those two places. The closest metro stop to Georgetown is Foggy Bottom and that's not even that close. You'd still have a 15-20 minute walk from the metro to Nike then you gotta walk back, take metro back, drive back. It'd be much easier just to drive to that spot I mapped out and wait for your wife. It's only a few blocks away and if you don't want to pay for parking you can just idle there.
Or you could get off in Rosslyn and take the circulator across the bridge. Circulator will drop you off in front of Nike.

Last edited:
Wow. Haven't been on for one day and this thread jumped 12 pages! Welp, there goes my chance for the db9s on NDC "shrugs shoulders", on to the next. 

We're spending a lil time in dc since I'm leaving early in the morning and live hours away and can't pick up late so we have to park somewhere for a full day. But thanks for the advice

Anyone know why NikeDC pick up is so late normally when I fly to new York and pick up from 21 Mercer it's early

Back
Top Bottom