JORDAN ADDICTION

i agree with some of the guys here, quality is better than quantity. when i first started i want to copped all the j's i could without thinking quality.now as i grow older i slowed down, with the proper knowledge which ones to copped. Btw NT has helped alot.

I don't see myself ever stopping. I have been collecting for 14 years and dont plan on stopping anytime soon. Collecting Jordans is the reason I dont wannahave kids, lol. My Jordans are my kids.

I think if anything as I have gotten older, (30 years old by the way) I have collected more, but I also see myself being more of a selective"sneakerhead" in the kicks I do purchase and not buying into the hype, and just doing what I love.

Originally Posted by GZA73

It will never stop. You can try but you will just drawn back in. Agree that quality is better than quantity.

co-sign. I thought 2K8 would be the twilight of my "active collecting". That is, copping new releases that drop in the mall. But, as a truecollector, there will inevitably be a pair out there I missed on RD or a pair I really need a duplicate of, stuff like that. I don't see myself at the mallmuch for 2K9 thus far, but I agree with those stating that "a true collector never stops" we just become more selective due to the fact that ourcollections are substantial enough to do so.

Also, finding a partner willing to incorporate this hobby into your day-to-day is crucial. From one BabyMomma to the next made a world of difference for me andwas a lot easier with almost no arguments about my Jordans. My oldest son's mom doesn't wear Jordans and doesnt think they are a very big deal, so wewas always griping and *****ing about me getting some new Jordans.... after I got with my youngest son's mother she wears Jays and has brothers that doalso so it was no big deal to her...

Originally Posted by Raygotsjays

Originally Posted by BlastaMasta8

quality>quantity
true, but i sold most of my cdp kicks bcuz of quality. so my quanity shrunk but i used the $ to buy a couple of OGs
good move. i used to collect but took a pause for a few years. i started picking up kicks again during the last year and soon wondered why i waseven wasting my time and money on the crap that's out now. i've noticed myself getting more and more picky and narrowing my buys to a smaller numberof jordans that i actually feel i cant live without. wish i had known of the quality issues before i started buying again. if i would have known i would havebought fewer shoes, but used the money i saved on ogs.

to me shoes are like pokemon, "Got to Catch 'em All" then i'll call it quits but till then i'm on the hunt like ash ketchum.

i thought i would stop when i got at least one colorway of all 23 sig pairs but when it happened i did not stop. I mean i wear all my shoes and JB just happensto be what i want on my feet, so when i see them releasing something i like, i buy it.

I think once you start collecting you will never stop completely...you might cut back for whatever reason, but stop completely, never. I thought I would stoponce I bought my house, but I somehow find a way to squeeze out some extra money for what I really like and want.

IT'S LIKE THOSE KICKS KEEP CALLIN ME
chrisrockaspookiefromnewjackcitypx7.jpg

collecting or buying colleceting to me is never wearing them if so you should have been stop collecting but buying maybe never if you see something you want goget em i say

I only cop most OG's or OG cw's. I will stop when I have every Jordan on the retro card lol. Almost done.

i've been rockin/collecting from 1991, and nothin will make me stop honestly.

slow down yes like family, kids, wife other obligations, but i'll always be there to cop a fresh pair whether og/retro/re-retro to add to the every massivecollection

If you are a true collector you wouldn't be asking...it is a passion that never goes away, now the shoe game is messed up because of all the hype beastteen's that never saw Jordan play a game in his life and don't appreciate it.

i mean its an addiction and it becomes a part of u lol so once u into it, its like u cant look at shoes because you just want them makes u feel like u needthem haha

i dont think i would stop. there so many colorways you could keep getting without buying the crappy quailty cdp's or retros from the past year.

I ask myself that question all the time. A part of me is saying within the next 5 or 6 years, but quite frankly I don't think I'm stop anytime soon.The thing about this whole situation with me buy shoes period is not putting too much value into them. I would love to keep them forever but, deep down insideit will never happen.

Back
Top Bottom