JORDAN ADDICTION

the saga will never end and damn well it shouldnt keep rockin them j's til there is no air left in your lungs,

I take breaks rather than stopping all together
wink.gif

u really dont have to stop, like the others said quality over quantity.
for me, i jus get the shoes that i really want to be in my collection. it doesnt matter if its a gr or an exclusive one.
if im feelin em. im gonna get em.

it is really up to yrself...
i may have to stop now... cuz i m in debt...
plus i m getting marry soon... i m gonna sell my shoes...
but i will not stop buying kicks... lol i will just stopped buying like crazy~
just limited my quantity

i can see myself collecting for a while. im still young and all but i dont go too crazy and buy stupid amounts of shoes at once. i just get a couple here andthere usually og's and earlier retros. i think if i pace myself like that then i should keep goin for a while.

I am 29 and I will never quit but I will say I have slowed down big time, I am more selective now, before it was like every release I just HAD to have.

Well, i think (like everybody else) that a true collector never stops, no matter what..
i've been officially been collecting (no real officially start date that i know off... maybe wht/orange dub-zeros lol) for about 4-5 years... but, i'vealways loved sneakers, never stopped.. im 20 and i still i remember when i was in tha 3rd and 4th... when tha 13 and 14 came out, thats when i fell in lovewith sneakers, i remember my first grant hills, i trashed them like tha 1st week i got them lol, i remember my first iverson's tha 1st ones, even tho ihate iverson til' this day, never liked him, they were firee.... and last but not least my first pair of jordans.. my black toe 14's....... oh baby..lol i cant explain i how felt..

but, yeah just those memories.. but, getting my married and having kids shouldnt stop you from collecting, yeah it may stop you from ODing, copping like everyrelease.. or beating your head in tryna decide if you want to cop tha new release or buy or diapers or milk... now that bad... you can cop like a pair a month,or just tha hot limited release or something along those lines, your still considered a collector

but for tha most part it never should stop or be put on hold, a true collector never stops... NEVER!

If you are really a collector, you won't stop cause you can't. You may stop collecting J's, but you will just start collecting something else. Mostof us collect several things like coins, stamps, etc. The need to hoard and gather is a pathology. You either get it treated, or accept yourself and enjoy. Ijust got back from 14th St where I was airing out my French Blue 13's......and I'm damn near fifty years old!

Dude theres no time limit on collecting or stacking Jordans I'm 31 yrs old and got my first pair in 92 bordeaux VII's wore em to $!$# through outhighschool did'nt buy another pair till 2001 bred 1's meanwhile i got a son and have been stacking strong ever since . I can tell you this the olderyou get the more money you will make and it leads to buying more exclusive og shoes the more i make the more exclusive my collection gets....peace out
smokin.gif

I got a wife and four kids all boys ,and I keep them as well as myself Laced in J's , lately the J's droppin have been garbage .....

Originally Posted by GZA73

It will never stop. You can try but you will just drawn back in. Agree that quality is better than quantity.
This is the way it is you may say your gonna stop but when they retro something you want you will be collecting once again.

I've been buying/collecting for many years now and don't see myself stopping anytime soon...

It's hard to resist the classics...

But throughout the years I have become more and more selective on my purchases...

for me it has had a lot to do with my job. back in college i managed shoe stores and i was buying pretty much every release and rocking them on the daily. nowthat i have a grown man job, i pretty much only wear sneakers once a week, on "casual friday" and people at my office don't appreciate or evennotice them. so i have a big collection that sits in my closet and most of it doesn't get worn. my plan is to eventually sell off a whole bunch of stuffand make a solid rotation of those that i really love (all those shoes that i've been "saving" for some non existant occasion in the the futurebecause i've got it in my head somehow that i like them too much to ruin them by wearing them now). it's hard to bring yourself to wear a pair thatyou've had perfectly cared for and stored for years tho. i need to make myself do it soon tho because a lot of my collection is getting too old to wear andi don't want these masterpieces to fall apart and go to waste. realisticly tho, i think i'll always buy sneakers. as a sneakerhead, there's alwaysa release that you weren't expecting that will pop up and lure you back in.

ill stop when i have at least 2 DS pair of every og colorway I-XIV. then XV-XXIII not all just the few i like. im 25 ive been rockin air jordans since i was 10years old man. i cant stop

allthough latley jordan brand has been trying to force me into retirement with all the fake looking %++@ with cheap quality. ill just continue to cop what ilike.

*SAPPHIRES ARE COOKED COKE CRACK BY THE WAY
pimp.gif

I can't stop. I don't think getting married or having a kid will sway you away from your addiction.
I know people who do it all. Me on the other hand I took a break, but am back!

Originally Posted by Ajwings23

I can't stop. I don't think getting married or having a kid will sway you away from your addiction.
I know people who do it all. Me on the other hand I took a break, but am back!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom