Jordan Brand Blunders/Mistakes

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Anyone have the Infrared 6's without the holes in the tongue punched through.

nerd.gif

Where? Do You? If so, pics not working...i refreshed 30 times...i'ma keep refreshing til I see the pic.
pimp.gif

No, not me. It was in another thread about Jordan mistakes. Or maybe the sample thread. I'll try looking.

Originally Posted by Mr T from the A

Here is a sample Playground T-shirt.

Jordan Brand later changed the facial expression for retail.
112668153.jpg

LOL at his face

Great topic, ijapino!  This thread really highlights the difference in expertise found on NikeTalk compared to the imitators.  It's not such a rarity to find people on NT who collected sneakers back when MJ was actually playing basketball.  
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the "limited edition" numbering system on the 2001 AJ 1 retros.  How many different "editions" were there, anyway?  I remember seeing at least 3-4 different numbering schemes on some colorways.  

What's the point of having #1742 of 31213 if the next pair reads #209 of 11928?

Clearly, they wanted to use the same numbering gimmick from the Japanese neutral grey/metallic silver pair that came with the "briefcase," but they must've mass produced them either in multiple shifts or at multiple factories.   Either way, it's another classic Jordan Brand blunder. 

Here's a pic of the tag from a pair of AJ 1 black/royal sales samples for illustration purposes:

270354446553af0db7c2fce6296f1a205f76a69.JPG

Originally Posted by Method Man

Great topic, ijapino!  This thread really highlights the difference in expertise found on NikeTalk compared to the imitators.  It's not such a rarity to find people on NT who collected sneakers back when MJ was actually playing basketball.  
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the "limited edition" numbering system on the 2001 AJ 1 retros.  How many different "editions" were there, anyway?  I remember seeing at least 3-4 different numbering schemes on some colorways.  

Clearly, they wanted to use the same numbering gimmick from the Japanese neutral grey/metallic silver pair that came with the "briefcase," but they must've mass produced them either in multiple shifts or at multiple factories.   Either way, it's another classic Jordan Brand blunder. 

Here's a pic of the tag from a pair of AJ 1 black/royal sales samples for illustration purposes:

270354446553af0db7c2fce6296f1a205f76a69.JPG

you mean these are real?!
omg.gif

you mean these are real?!
They're not quite as rare as they seem.  All the sales sample 2001 AJ Is were numbered 00000 of 00000.  I have a pair of Met. Silver/Neutral Grey AJ 1s with the same number.  
I don't know how often they come up on the market these days, but at least a handful were produced with that number in each colorway.  

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by yelloo

Originally Posted by Mr T from the A

Here is a sample Playground T-shirt.

Jordan Brand later changed the facial expression for retail.

LOL at his face
*saved*
new NT meme 
laugh.gif

There was really someone on NT years back with that "snuggles mcduggal"
He always had the latest JB info. I wonder what happened to him.

Originally Posted by Method Man

I dont have a pic but all (not 100% sure) of the 2001 I's in kid sizes all said 1 of ????? (whatever number it was)
or something like that. I've seen it on many occasions. I know my sister still has them I will try to update with a picture later.

Originally Posted by ijapino

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

I don't get it, what was the negative connotation?
It resembled the Japanese Rising Sun Flag....It was considered very disrespectful to step on that. Enough people complained and Jordan Brand changed it.

I thought that the rising sun flag was disrespectful to the victims under the Japanese occupation during world war 2. The Japanese used this flag during the war and it symbolized their ambitions.... Funny thing is.. The whole shoe was inspired by that flag... I might be wrong....
wink.gif

What is really sad is that this was the same problem with the size 14 when the X's were retroed in 2005.  Really JB!!?? You still make the same mistake after 7 years!!!!
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Jump23Fly

What is really sad is that this was the same problem with the size 14 when the X's were retroed in 2005.  Really JB!!?? You still make the same mistake after 7 years!!!!
mad.gif

This goes to prove that JB uses the same mold over and over again... With no R&D cost we still have to pay for cheap quality shoes at a higher price.
mad.gif

ive always wondered if they even still put the air/zoom air in the midsoles of retros, they feel hard as hell like nothing is in there

Originally Posted by santhony21

ive always wondered if they even still put the air/zoom air in the midsoles of retros, they feel hard as hell like nothing is in there

to which do you refer?

Back
Top Bottom