Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

Infrareds, Bordeauxs, black metallic 5s, Chicagos and Concords are my top 5.

Guess what stayed on the shelf last year. The blue tinted outsole, the 'jumpman air'  on the heel ( I cant even describe how much I hate that) and the materials were a deal breaker. All the 3M did was pour salt in the wound for me. 2000 was a very good year.... though the Concords were a far cry from the OG (Im looking at you, ankle support). I really dont understand Jordans problem with making the shoes how they were originally designed. Just do it, amirite?

DECEMBER 02, 2015
JORDAN BRAND EVOLVES THE RETRO REMASTER
For fervent fans, each Air Jordan stirs a distinct memory. One may recall the 63 points scored in the Air Jordan I, another the last-second heroics performed in the Air Jordan IV. These memories are refreshed with Retro releases. Part of the Retro Remaster initiative, they celebrate the legacy of the greatest player in history and introduce it to new generations

Jordan Brand launched the Retro Remaster initiative in Spring 2015. In response to consumer feedback, it incorporates enhanced color options, cushioning, materials and shapes while retaining each shoe’s original character. The brand continues to evolve the remastering process by reintroducing the Nike Air logo on the heels of storied silhouettes. The decision, which honors original designs like never before, was approved by Michael Jordan and debuts this weekend on the Air Jordan 6 Retro “Maroon.” The Air Jordan 4 Retro “Cement,” which drops next February, will receive the same treatment

When it comes to recreating Jordan favorites, Vice President of Jordan Footwear, Yuron White, mentions color and materials as being extremely important. “The Retro Remaster initiative brought us to an incredible place last year,” he explains. “While we were focused on the external appearance of the shoe and being historically accurate in year one, we are now diving into the internal part: innovation of the fit, feel and comfort of the shoes."

To ensure every aspect of a Retro is accurate, Jordan Brand Footwear Team turn to the Nike Archives, sourcing original shoes to check finishes, leather texture, temper and even thread color. But getting the color and materials right doesn't mean anything without the final step: development and production. Currently, there are dedicated factory lines and factory groups working exclusively on Jordan Retros, which are crafted with unprecedented attention to detail

THE FAN-FAVORITE AIR JORDAN 6 RETRO 'MAROON' FEATURES A PREMIUM LEATHER UPPER, ICY OUTSOLE AND NIKE AIR HEEL LOGO THAT MATCH THE 1991 ORIGINAL.
LAUNCHING DECEMBER 5, 2015

THE LAST TIME THE NIKE AIR LOGO APPEARED ON AN AIR JORDAN IV WAS 16 YEARS AGO, IN TWO ORIGINAL COLORS: BLACK/CEMENT GREY-RED AND WHITE/CEMENT-BLACK.
LAUNCHING FEBRUARY 2016

Possible 2016 Release

Other Images

Images Via j23app's Twitter

http://news.nike.com/news/jordan-brand-evolves-the-retro-remaster

JB's got some nerve putting the OG's right next to the still totally jacked up retro's
Major flaws on every single pair of supposed remasters above, but JB acting like they've figured it all out

It has a lot to do with the materials used that affects the shape too. Nike isn't really bothered about corners being cut on material and shape because most people that buy retros aren't using them for their intended purpose....basketball.

Minus the shape, feel and materials they did figure it out!

haha too true my friend

It has a lot to do with the materials used that affects the shape too. Nike isn't really bothered about corners being cut on material and shape because most people that buy retros aren't using them for their intended purpose....basketball.

It mostly just irritates me because JB put out all this BS about remastering.
Prior to 2015, I was disappointed in the quality and accuracy of retros, but I always figured JB just didn't care, so I quietly copped the ones I liked and skipped the ones i didn't

Now they claim to be bringing back the OG quality, and yet its just the same ol' basura

:lol: Wow.. Nike/JBs sly way of letting people know they're gonna jack up the cost another $30 on retros, for a total of $50 in 2 years. For "Evolved Remastered Retros." :smh: We'll prob be looking at $300 Js in the next couple years.. Another increase for "premium materials" and then for "original molds."

How can they not see its not the same in those comparison pics? I really really hope that lady with the maroon 6 and the color swatch doesn't think that's a match. But then I'm like 'well, why else would she be holding it up to the camera like that?'

What's going on with the NIKE on the back of the 4's? Why is it so far left like that?  Do they not see how much higher that bit of stitched leather is under the heel tab on the OG? It's right freaking there to compare with...

At least the toe looks better I guess.

look at it. Look at how the OG heel tab is wider and the number of stitches/width of leather between it and the lace wing. Look at the pitch of the cut of leather from the wing down on the bottom of the heel. Why is it more rounded? The collar at the top doesn't follow the lace wing like the OG nor does it have the sharp angle up at the ankle. Infact, the whole collar needs to be raised a few mm. Also, the leather on the tongue stops on the outside while the OG has it tucked over to the inside. I won't mention the hight of the tongue itself.

Also, get that 2012 pair to the incinerator. It shouldnt be anywhere near that room.

Last edited:
∆∆ Biggest troll move ever, IMO...lets throw the OGs right next to it then claim we cant recreate it. FOH with that...

Last edited:
If JB retros cost $300, I'm sure myself as well as many others will be out for good, If we're being completely transparent

look at it. Look at how the OG heel tab is wider and the number of stitches/width of leather between it and the lace wing. Look at the pitch of the cut of leather from the wing down on the bottom of the heel. Why is it more rounded? The collar at the top doesn't follow the lace wing like the OG nor does it have the sharp angle up at the ankle. Infact, the whole collar needs to be raised a few mm. Also, the leather on the tongue stops on the outside while the OG has it tucked over to the inside. I won't mention the hight of the tongue itself.

Good eyes, my man. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

Also, get that 2012 pair to the incinerator. It shouldnt be anywhere near that room.

Those 2016 WC4s look awful-$220 for this POS? ...Honestly, they should've just not brought the OGs next to them. There are still so many things wrong with these, even if they are better than the 2012s. Will JB ever get the netting of the 4s correct? It's one of the most dominant aspects of the 4s.

Last edited:
Still not buying into this JB. Haven't bought one remastered yet and wont start with these releases.

How come the OG 4 got a regular size tongue and we still get shinguards?
View media item 1811729

Last edited:
I really wonder when the breaking point for retros is going to be.. $220 for a half-***ed pair of 4s is insane. How can they miss such significant details like the tongue length and still increase the price like this?

Something tells me they are going to hit a price ceiling soon enough, esp since most $190 GR pairs released this year can either be found close to retail or even under.

I'm happy that they are starting to put Nike Air back on the retros.  But at $220????

I slowed down a lot on my JB pickups this past year.  Don't think I'll be grabbing more if $220+ will become the norm 
mean.gif

I can see Nike doing retro+ color ways of the III-VIII with NA as a cash grab. I think the I's were an experiment...
Agree, but IMO, the experiment started with the 88s

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom