Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

My man, here's the problem. Aside from a few colorways we haven't seen in awhile, JB will begin re-releasing colorways of shoes that have come out recently and give them this new "premium" title and charge us an arm and a leg. For example, Chicago X's. I still have a DS pair sitting right behind me from 2012. Next year we get better quality and #45 on them and bam, price hike. This happened with the '88's. They got Nike Air slapped on them and an extra $40 price tag despite the shoe coming out 2 years earlier. The new "premium" thing is a trick to start re-releasing EVERYTHING but now with better "quality". There will be shoes being retroed from 2-3 years ago but now stamped with "premium" and maybe a "Nike Air" stitched on them or something. Does "premium" quality justify a price hike? Sure. So why the eff did the price get raised to $160 in the first place when the materials were still garbage? Then why the eff did the next year the prices get raised to $170?! Now Nike wants to up their quality and charge more money? $160 SHOULD BE THE PRICE FOR PREMIUM JORDAN'S!!!

I'm not even trying to pull rank here but I see a lot of people supporting Nike on this are members who haven't been here for a long time. Now, I'm not saying you're a new collector or new to the shoe game, I'm just seeing that you haven't been apart of NT very long. Older members have seen Nike do all types of stuff before. We're a bit more "educated" on the behind the scenes things that goes on at Nike. That's why a lot of us aren't buying this crap because we see right through the bull.

I totally agree with everything you said. Although just because I may not have been on NT for a very long time doesn't mean I don't know about nike or JB. All I was trying to say is that I am glad that they are at least making an attempt from 2014-2015 to bring better quality and closer to OG as opposed to 2012-2013 or 2013-2014 which was disappointing. They could have very well chosen not to do this and just continued with their price hikes.

Surprised none of these remastered retros have NA. Wondering if most will be post Jordan vi, to eliminate giving it to us?

$160 SHOULD BE THE PRICE FOR PREMIUM JORDAN'S!!!
3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

A cheeseburger comes with cheese (hence the name)! Cheese is included in the price! 13's originally come with 3m! 3m WAS included in the price! I stopped funding JB when the price increases started! I just couldnt see myself buying the same shoes with worse quality for even $5-$10 more than the original release prices!
they can't take off the NA 'cause there is none, so they took off 3m, just like the 11s minor changes... need a reason for us to cop again

Last edited:
Nike/JB gave us many releases that were superb quality for $160-175 now they give us this BS so they can finally release retro's 15-20. Do you guys remember the quality of the "Bin23" series if they can make sneakers of that quality for $175 as of 4 yrs ago why not now?

I totally agree with everything you said. Although just because I may not have been on NT for a very long time doesn't mean I don't know about nike or JB. All I was trying to say is that I am glad that they are at least making an attempt from 2014-2015 to bring better quality and closer to OG as opposed to 2012-2013 or 2013-2014 which was disappointing. They could have very well chosen not to do this and just continued with their price hikes.
This attempt though is a little to late. Quality has been disappointing for a good while now. Especially JB retro products. This remastering should've happened way earlier then next year, it should've happened right after the first price hike. Like the guy mentioned above $160 should be the price for these remastered versions, even $170 kind of makes sense. So this attempt may seem like it's in your (the consumers) favor but it is everything but. They've been selling us performance shoes that are not only outdated, but can't be used to perform. What I mean is, if I want to use Jordans to play ball in, I should be able to do so without worrying about paint chipping, without worrying how badly my foot is gonna hurt after playing in them, and most of all, if the shoe is even gonna hold up or is it gonna fall apart, but I can't. Now they wanna give us this, what should've been given to us a long time ago, now and for another price increase? WTF. It's like Apple selling me an iPhone, then when I get the iPhone I can't make a ******* call, when I call support they say, "Oh that feature is gonna cost you an extra 10-15%", FOH. And apparently some of you are fine with that.

And what's worst, is that current sig models with today's technology are being price cheaper than these retros. Man, if you think that what JB doing is logical and warrants some type of applause, well, then idk what to say. I guess, have fun starting your prized "collection" over again. GL.
Surprised none of these remastered retros have NA. Wondering if most will be post Jordan vi, to eliminate giving it to us?
The remastered retros they have shown us don't need to have NA. Unless they are in the insole of the 7s and 10s, the 4s they have shown are both retro+ so the jump man is as close to OG as they can get. Once they show an OG color way, Black/Red 4s, Black/Metallic 5s, then we'll see just how close to OG they want to get. Those are the models I want to see with NA, I don't wanna see Olympic 6s with NA on the back, maybe it might look good, but still, I want it exactly like the 2000 version.

Nike/JB gave us many releases that were superb quality for $160-175 now they give us this BS so they can finally release retro's 15-20. Do you guys remember the quality of the "Bin23" series if they can make sneakers of that quality for $175 as of 4 yrs ago why not now?

"Inflation" :lol:

I still can't believe they are making such a big deal about fingers and shoe laces on the jumpman........ that's such a miniscule detail you still can't even notice in pics unless it's just a pic of the jumpman. should be the last of their worries about retros which proves to me that they are just trying to change 1 or 2 things (leather and jumpman) to try and swindle us again and get us to be mesmerized by the so called "quality". If they were really concerned about building better quality retros they'd say hey look, we notice the ENTIRE shape of the shoe pretty much not just the jumpman is very off let's fix that. but no they just decide to give us a few fingers and shoe laces on the jumpman for 5 dollars each.........
tired.gif

thats not true.
The first retro with quality issues were the 2000 aj 6.
While the upper materials were good, the paintjob was crap. My black/infareds had paint chipping after a few wears at the heel of the midsole, my white/navys peeled off after one wear!
Then the 2001 true blues 3, aj 9 retros (2002) also had paint crack issues.
but indeed, since 2007 it got even worse.

My true blues didn't and I dogged em!

Forget the price increase cries.........Its hard enough copping a crap quality GR RETRO! Half the people complaining wont be able to cop let lone cry about a price increase...They will just be happy to cop.... Price increases means nothing if at the end of the day the "remasters'' are harder to cop because of the better quality or NA! Plus we all have paid more than 10-15% to our connect or for resale on something we really wanted. Its not right but not the end of the world either......

This attempt though is a little to late. Quality has been disappointing for a good while now. Especially JB retro products. This remastering should've happened way earlier then next year, it should've happened right after the first price hike. Like the guy mentioned above $160 should be the price for these remastered versions, even $170 kind of makes sense. So this attempt may seem like it's in your (the consumers) favor but it is everything but. They've been selling us performance shoes that are not only outdated, but can't be used to perform. What I mean is, if I want to use Jordans to play ball in, I should be able to do so without worrying about paint chipping, without worrying how badly my foot is gonna hurt after playing in them, and most of all, if the shoe is even gonna hold up or is it gonna fall apart, but I can't. Now they wanna give us this, what should've been given to us a long time ago, now and for another price increase? WTF. It's like Apple selling me an iPhone, then when I get the iPhone I can't make a ******* call, when I call support they say, "Oh that feature is gonna cost you an extra 10-15%", FOH. And apparently some of you are fine with that.

And what's worst, is that current sig models with today's technology are being price cheaper than these retros. Man, if you think that what JB doing is logical and warrants some type of applause, well, then idk what to say. I guess, have fun starting your prized "collection" over again. GL.
The remastered retros they have shown us don't need to have NA. Unless they are in the insole of the 7s and 10s, the 4s they have shown are both retro+ so the jump man is as close to OG as they can get. Once they show an OG color way, Black/Red 4s, Black/Metallic 5s, then we'll see just how close to OG they want to get. Those are the models I want to see with NA, I don't wanna see Olympic 6s with NA on the back, maybe it might look good, but still, I want it exactly like the 2000 version.
yea that's my point they only showed models that didn't have NA on them originally.

Last edited:

I agree with everything you said 10000000%...

Sigh.. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone or something. Every time JB announces a major price hike people get all crazy. Claim how they're done with Jordan's, how they won't pay, how it's inflation.. Ect. But it's always the same cycle. When it comes down to it most will still purchase.

I've been collecting for awhile now and I've seen the nose dive quality has taken. I guess it was inevitable. As with all good things, they must come to an end. As far as this remastering stuff goes, I'll continue to do what I've been doing. Purchase the shoes I really want and move on. The sooner you understand this company doesn't care.. The better off you'll be.

Last edited:
My man, here's the problem. Aside from a few colorways we haven't seen in awhile, JB will begin re-releasing colorways of shoes that have come out recently and give them this new "premium" title and charge us an arm and a leg. For example, Chicago X's. I still have a DS pair sitting right behind me from 2012. Next year we get better quality and #45 on them and bam, price hike. This happened with the '88's. They got Nike Air slapped on them and an extra $40 price tag despite the shoe coming out 2 years earlier. The new "premium" thing is a trick to start re-releasing EVERYTHING but now with better "quality". There will be shoes being retroed from 2-3 years ago but now stamped with "premium" and maybe a "Nike Air" stitched on them or something. Does "premium" quality justify a price hike? Sure. So why the eff did the price get raised to $160 in the first place when the materials were still garbage? Then why the eff did the next year the prices get raised to $170?! Now Nike wants to up their quality and charge more money? $160 SHOULD BE THE PRICE FOR PREMIUM JORDAN'S!!!

I'm not even trying to pull rank here but I see a lot of people supporting Nike on this are members who haven't been here for a long time. Now, I'm not saying you're a new collector or new to the shoe game, I'm just seeing that you haven't been apart of NT very long. Older members have seen Nike do all types of stuff before. We're a bit more "educated" on the behind the scenes things that goes on at Nike. That's why a lot of us aren't buying this crap because we see right through the bull.

It's because they don't remember the $110 and $125 prices.

They expect $150.

That's why it's funny how this is being done now, when you used to have a ton of people coming in here saying they would pay extra for the retro the way it's supposed to be. Which never made any sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom