Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

Most likely yes. It always sounds like when people complain about retros it's either poor craftsmanship or materials but never really about performance. With this remastering does anyone think that general performance of the shoe will increase as well?
I honestly don't see that happening. JB knows most people these days wear relevant retros for fashion, and I feel that is a big factor as to why they are using better quality material. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see an increase in performance technology, especially to be able to perform like, for example, Kobes, KDs, and Lebrons, but unless the people prefer to wear Jays for basketball performance rather than fashion, I don't see it.

Brahs don't get mad at me, but I like/prefer the 2000 mold of the 11s better than the OG.

The patent leather dominates the shoe to much on the OG, especially on the Concords.

I'm not a big fan of the OG 3 shape. this is all subjective but I think everyone can agree it's more about having an aesthetically pleasing shoe, not necessarily the closest to the OGs although that would be a great place to start.

the 2012 white cements still look like s*** regardless if the grey is closer to the OG

Last edited:
The blue tint on ice soles is just a gimmick....they proved this with alot of their older and original models with icey soles that took a hell of a lot more time to start yellowing. Rubber, netting, soles included. Cool grey xis started yellowing very fast imo.....when you see things like 2002 vi chromes and 95 xi concords for example that are ds with little to no yellowing at all...it really makes you think

What im trying to get at is that my og pair of concords that ive worn quite a bit started yellowing maybe 15 years after I purchased them. 2010 cool greys started yellowing what it seemed to be like 15 days

I honestly don't see that happening. JB knows most people these days wear relevant retros for fashion, and I feel that is a big factor as to why they are using better quality material. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see an increase in performance technology, especially to be able to perform like, for example, Kobes, KDs, and Lebrons, but unless the people prefer to wear Jays for basketball performance rather than fashion, I don't see it.
I think on court performance in newer model retros is all a matter of personal perspective. I've played ball in some retros (2010 Playoff 13s, 2010 Citrus 9s) and there was never a problem for me performance wise. Having a "elite" version of retros (better quality and tech) would have retros for those who want for fashion and retros for those who want to hooping.

The CDP 10s, IMO were the last pair of 10s that had the correct shape... From the royals to the Chi 10s the shape awful... I still haven't wore my steels and powder 10s yet, so I can't comment on those
The shape of all retro 10's are horrible imo.

yeah they meant to make the shoe lower cut and uglier. that makes sense

that kinda sounds like "he hits me because he loves me"
Come on that's clearly a matter of opinion.

I think that's why were getting mainly unwearable JB signatures to only focus on performance.

i read an article about jordan saying that he wants the remastered jordans on 2015 to be as very close to the shoes he wore when he was still playing.

i read an article about jordan saying that he wants the remastered jordans on 2015 to be as very close to the shoes he wore when he was still playing.
I highly doubt those words ever came out of his mouth. Just another marketing ploy.

I think that's why were getting mainly unwearable JB signatures to only focus on performance.
Sounds about right. I would only wear Superfly 2s or XX8s while playing basketball, never for fashion. But then again, those aren't my taste even on the court. Kobes ftw.

Come on that's clearly a matter of opinion

my challenge to you is to find somebody who thinks any newer retro looks better then any OG shoe lol. Kids just buy this stuff because there's no other shoes considered cool to buy. If they actually looked good they would sell out even faster.

let's not make excuses for Jordan brand. they may not have original molds for 30 year old shoes, I believe that but what about the first set of retros or even the second set?

I think it's just cheapness on their part that they they don't spend the time and effort to make sure the retro respects the original. even since the CDP versions the shapes of all the shoes have gotten worse. really makes no sense

you would think it would cost more to use new molds every couple of years

Last edited:
@Mart....they have the Nike DNA warehouse plus MJ himself said he has his OG's(one of each) in his personal collection. Not that hard for a return to og form.

@Mart....they have the Nike DNA warehouse plus MJ himself said he has his OG's(one of each) in his personal collection. Not that hard for a return to og form.

having the shoes and having the molds are 2 different things. but I agree it wouldn't be that hard if they really cared about making a good product.

they've been riding the wave of popularity and we probably won't see really good retros until retros aren't really that popular, just like when the very first retros came out

Last edited:
IV retros are so bad. They are lower cut from the OG's and the shape is all wrong. Oh and the tongues are too high.
100% agree. They got rid of the bananna shape and improved on the midsole paint but I could give two F's about fingers and shoelaces and the jumpman on the back. I'm all for better quality which I think we have seen on few different models hear and there but the way-to-high tounge is a big gripe for me on 4's.:x:smh:

I dont understand how some models will release only months from each other but they look feel and wear different eg: all ivs from 2012

The viis that were released in 06 through the span of the year all relatively looked and felt like the same shoe

Back
Top Bottom