Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

Banana boat IV's is all I'm seeing for these so called remaster editions. If they can't get the shape right, I'm good.

man those Chicago's with the 45.. man omggggg.. could care less about the 45 to tell the truth, leather looks amazing.

Just saw the new pics.... In all honesty what am I looking at?
nerd.gif
 they all have the same shape to the retroes last year. Maybe the quality is different and the more detailed jumpman lol

Only important in this interview was "AJ3 in vault, see you in a few years" too bad, we won't see BC3s with NA next year

the so called remastered shape for the AJ4 is kinda weak imo

and i dont see too much improvement tho
mean.gif

mad.gif

I NEED THIS 89 OG SHAPE ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!! 
wink.gif

smokin.gif

AND NOT THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mean.gif

mad.gif

sick.gif

frown.gif
Don't forget the contour on the heal. I loved that about those Military IV's. I owned a pair at one point in my life but JB is just doing the "minimum" in creating higher quality Jays. Us OG hardcore collectors know what I am talking about. Its just a gimmick and excuse for another price increase. SMH

This is absolute ********. JB are you blind?! Fix it already. The SHAPE OF THE remastered 4 is TERRIBLE. The last 4s I bought cost 160. Now you want 200 for that. They would have to literally be blind to not see the massive/glaring differences in the shape of supposedly the same shoe. Same with the 11s. Don't you dare tell us that an 11 is remastered unless that patent leather comes up a full half-inch around the sides and back of that shoe. Ugh this is so frustrating!

Ugh this is so frustrating!

I agree with your entire post except for this. Don't get frustrated fam. Just shake your head and realize that Jordan Brand gon' Jordan Brand :lol:

The funniest part about this whole thing to me is that they apparently visited the Nike DNA area where they have older/original pairs to reference. Makes you wonder what the hell they're using it for, because the shape of damn near every retro to come out of Nike is at least a little off.

Last edited:
All the kids in my local FB group keep talking about how great it is that you can see fingers/laces on the jumpman on the heels of the IV's.  People really that excited about that?

they said OG quality not shape, so good materials (supposedly) but same garbage boxy shape but what do they care? they still sell out.

All the kids in my local FB group keep talking about how great it is that you can see fingers/laces on the jumpman on the heels of the IV's.  People really that excited about that?

I'm still in disbelief that this is something that everyone in the know that has talked about this has paid so much attention to :lol:

Like son, are y'all really going to pretend that there aren't far more important things to fix here?

they said OG quality not shape, so good materials (supposedly) but same garbage boxy shape but what do they care? they still sell out.

They actually have been mentioning the mold the whole time as well in terms of "brings things closer to the original releases", and they did in fact change them (and will be doing so with every model), just not in a way that improves much.

Their exact words weren't "shape" but they said last night they were creating new molds for all of the models and have said multiple times they were trying to make the models as close to the exact specifications as possible. That would indicate shape as well, but I guess they're too worried about fingers and laces on the jumpman logo to change something people actually wanted fixed.

I'm still in disbelief that this is something that everyone in the know that has talked about this has paid so much attention to :lol:

Like son, are y'all really going to pretend that there aren't far more important things to fix here?
They actually have been mentioning the mold the whole time as well in terms of "brings things closer to the original releases", and they did in fact change them (and will be doing so with every model), just not in a way that improves much.
maybe these that we are seeing either arent real or arent the final product? who knows but those columbia 4s are sick

maybe these that we are seeing either arent real or arent the final product? who knows but those columbia 4s are sick

That @kustoo cat on Twitter who was putting most of the info out last night did in fact say that these are still samples, but he mentioned that in terms of things like colors and paint types being subject to change before release.

I doubt they'd go through the effort (why would they, people are eating everything up one way or another :lol:) of showing one mold only to make and release something else.

Agreed though, if the leather is truly up to par, the Oreos, Columbias, and Chicago X's will be had.

There clearly was a pair of uncompleted toro 3s in the back of one of his pics

N they give us the ugly mint 4 redo as a "remastered"?????

Get outta here. Always shoving nastiness down our throat.

Last edited:
So from those pics I think we might be getting some sort of infrared 5. Leather looks different I wouldn't say better just different and they are trying but not hard enough. Honestly with enough pairs made from back in the day I'm sure they can create the same shoe they just won't. It's like a anime, tv show and sometimes movies. They will make a original release, then a remastered release, then a exclusive one with "more footage" then super exclusive with behind the scenes and so on. So that the fans and new comers always have something to buy of the product. Think of this as the Disney of shoes lol. It is the reason why we even have retros in the first place because it will forever touch that nostalgia or find its way into new people's wallets. So this so called "remastered" stuff while it is cool and all it is only the beginning and I say in 2017 with the return of the 3 and the "original elephant print and leather" we'll have something that has been the closest to the OG. It won't stop me from buying a pair because in all reality the prices of everything must go up because the price of living does too. 

There clearly was a pair of uncompleted toro 3s in the back of one of his pics

N they give us the ugly mint 4 redo as a "remastered"?????

Get outta here. Always shoving nastiness down our throat.
Well ya don't gotta open your mouth every time they showing you food homie lol.

"When we talked to MJ about remastering the retros, he was all for it. He wanted the quality to be like it was when he played in them but not better. He didn't want it to be luxury, just original quality." - Dave Schechter VP Category Footwear for Jordan Brand #retroremastered"

Image & Info Via kustoo's Instagram

Back
Top Bottom