Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

stopped by shiekh next to work, they said they werent getting them, both employees put their head down in digust haha

It's a double edged sword. Resellers can just line up and grab pair after pair like they were doing over the weekend and today at NT's. Or they can go back online and then it's every man for himself vs the bots. I don't think it's garbage though. Having a bunch of chumps moping around your store waiting for pairs isn't a look Nike or any other retailer wants.

I would rather do like always line up get a wristband to come back and buy a pair. A random drop in the middle of the afternoon against bots . What do you think is easier: there are resellers online and in person. I would much rather take my chance with unclaimed pairs.

Pretty wack how scarce these seem to be.. The shade reminds me of the Blk/Red 1 release. Realistically, they would have still easily sold out with the usual NA 1 numbers.. Ugh, be glad to just land A pair at this point. Glad I was able to double on Chi's at least, but those were in at least twice as many stores as these around my way. :smh:

Whats the raffle submission policy in terms of entering multiples? For example, if you entered today and entered tomorrow same name different size. Do they actually check for multiples? Flight 23 NY had 900+ tickets given out today alone. Find it hard to believe they will cross for duplicate entries. Any one care to share any insights or past experiences? I'm a newb to the raffle game.

Last edited:
It's a double edged sword. Resellers can just line up and grab pair after pair like they were doing over the weekend and today at NT's. Or they can go back online and then it's every man for himself vs the bots. I don't think it's garbage though. Having a bunch of chumps moping around your store waiting for pairs isn't a look Nike or any other retailer wants.

I would rather do like always line up get a wristband to come back and buy a pair. A random drop in the middle of the afternoon against bots . What do you think is easier: there are resellers online and in person. I would much rather take my chance with unclaimed pairs.
I'm not saying it's easier. But it makes it FAIR. The store has to account for those pairs. They can't backdoor them. And I know for a fact it's happened at NTSF. I know several dudes who have told me they've got their pairs that way. I dunno, I've never banked on leftovers from raffles or wanted to deal with that.

I guess stores could still lie about the time someone came in on their spreadsheet and just buy with cash, but at least there's some semblance of accountability in place from corporate. And if they're getting huge inventories compared to usual with no stock going online, then you can get a few entries in on a tough release and it's still better even without the option for leftovers.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's easier. But it makes it FAIR. The store has to account for those pairs. They can't backdoor them. And I know for a fact it's happened at NTSF. I know several dudes who have told me they've got their pairs that way. I dunno, I've never banked on leftovers from raffles or wanted to deal with that.

I guess stores could still lie about the time someone came in on their spreadsheet and just buy with cash, but at least there's some semblance of accountability in place from corporate. And if they're getting huge inventories compared to usual with no stock going online, I think if you can get a few entries in your luck on a tough release is still better even without the option for leftovers.
Hopefully they switch to a live in-person raffle for leftover pairs. You have to be present to enter and purchase the shoe. Really difficult to play games with a bunch of thirsty people looking at the employee pulling out names. Although they could report less unclaimed pairs then they actually have.

that right heel straight collapsed during the vid at around 50 seconds in 
laugh.gif

something looks really off about that pair and that lace bag looks like a dead giveaway.
Most likely an early release pair. Looks like it has widow peaks, and the lace bag is way too big, laces aren't tied either. But with the softer leather, will the real pairs show wear like that? Especially on the heel?

Back
Top Bottom