Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

Didn't Chickensoup say these were going to be more limited than the banneds??

I could be wrong, but I think DJ folk said that. I don't want to go through all his tweets, but I think he said something around the lines that all releases will be fewer...

Typical dumb Business... They look only at the Excel sheet, see that "Jordan Retro sales" are lower than the year before, Assume that general demand is low... as if people are going to purchase $200 sneakers EACH WEEKEND, mind you when half the kicks are either AWFUL in terms of colorways (looking at you Alt Olympics and black cat 6s) or half the kicks are below quality (TRUE BLUES!!)

All they have to do is understand the market. Someone at JB isn't doing their job. (The clown responsible for the Retro + colorways also deserves to get the axe).

:lol: end rant

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I think DJ folk said that. I don't want to go through all his tweets, but I think he said something around the lines that all releases will be fewer...

Typical dumb Business... They look only at the Excel sheet, see that "Jordan Retro sales" are lower than before, Assume that general demand is low... as if people are going to purchase $200 sneakers EACH WEEKEND, mind you when half the kicks are either AWFUL in terms of colorways (looking at you Alt Olympics and black cat 6s) or half the kicks are below quality (TRUE BLUES!!)
I'm pretty sure it was Folk that said that.

Cant see these being much less than bred numbers. They are usually low to begin with. Big difference from losing money on a gr to selling a small bit of stock in a half hour flat and less. Jb will and probably should have lessened the 200+ gr numbers.

JB is just feeling away about that 'instant sell out' craze not being a thing for them anymore

The paradigm has shifted to 'minimalistic' knit runners, no longer clunky basketball shoes

Most people just wait 2-3 weeks now to catch that discount, not a good look for the image JB strives for

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Basing it off of GM early pics.
JB is just feeling away about that 'instant sell out' craze not being a thing for them anymore

The paradigm has shifted to 'minimalistic' knit runners, no longer clunky basketball shoes

Most people just wait 2-3 weeks now to catch that discount, not a good look for the image JB strives for

And this isn't anything new. Has happened in several different eras. They will sit back watch em sporadically sell out, then watch the whole wheel go around again like a re-run.

^^^ Basing it off of GM early pics.
And this isn't anything new. Has happened in several different eras. They will sit back watch em sporadically sell out, then watch the whole wheel go around again like a re-run.
Cycles is all it is.  People fail to realize that even if a retro doesn't sell out immediately, they are still making a ton of money.

Something to see and talk about as I said

If I don't post it, someone else will regardless so does it even matter

Its not like he selling.....like Zyzz says....its just to talk about....no big deal....its going to get posted no matter what.....quit making such a big deal.....thats what the thread is for to talk and discuss pics and shoe releases

But went discuss something you're not getting? [emoji]128558[/emoji]

Furthermore, most conversations are about cop/no cop, materials, and quality based on these pics of shoes that are grey market pairs that don't accurately "show the quality".

If you want to discuss grey market pairs that's fine but don't ace confuse when people always object to grey market look alike pairs

Where are some good places to do preorders? Only place I ever preorder from was jsfordays and since that's not an option. Remember zediah or something from a couple months back bit any other good legit spots?

Should close to retail be expected as far as prices on 2013 pairs as we get closer to release date?  

Just in case I or other miss out on this upcoming release.

Should close to retail be expected as far as prices on 2013 pairs as we get closer to release date?  

Just in case I or other miss out on this upcoming release.

If 2013 Breds aren't close to retail then royals def won't be especially since it seems way less DS pairs on the market

^Bro, they've seen the Jordan 1 threads on this, and every one other forum out there. You'll pay whatever they tell you to. They know the type they're dealing with.

They're people in this thread that happily paid 250 and better for pre orders in 2013.

I don't see 2013 royals going that low
laugh.gif

I could be completely wrong tho
I really don't know the resale value on them, but considering Black Toes don't go for much more over retail, I was thinking the same for Royals.

Back
Top Bottom