Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

From the eyeball test I wanna say fakes. I'm seeing some inconsistencies
Royals were riddled with inconsistencies.  I wish I could give an opinion but it's too tough for me to say one way or the other.

Are fakes now coming with the 'R' and the 'D' touching?

Like what fam?
The back of the tongue (white part) looks pretty whack from what I can tell. What is that line towards the top?

You should be able to see the jumpman on the inside tag next to where it says "xc" right above the size listings. It looks pushed in too high to me, although this could just be inconsistencies on JBs part. They're b-grades if not fakes.

Really though, a better shot of the back of the tongue will tell the tale for sure, I think.

Last edited:
Royals were riddled with inconsistencies.  I wish I could give an opinion but it's too tough for me to say one way or the other.

Are fakes now coming with the 'R' and the 'D' touching?

On the metallic reds they do. Not sure bout the Royal.

Alright. Will ask for an image of the back of the tongue. This release is so hard to check. Too many inconsistencies.

The insole thing is really messing with my ocd. The leather feels smooth and plastic like. Not tumbled and soft. My bad on the shoe trees, the left is what came in the shoe, the right one are the ones I put in from an old pair. Those are the same that are on my banned and ASGs. Gonna contact Nike tomorrow. Shoes looking hella suspect.

Hey so quick question did you purchase these from Nike? Also did you contact them and what did they say? I bought a pair off eBay from someone who claims they bought the shoes from champs! My insoles are facing the same direction as well and it's messing with me bc I now think they're fake >:-/ View media item 2467583

The back of the tongue (white part) looks pretty whack from what I can tell. What is that line towards the top?

You should be able to see the jumpman on the inside tag next to where it says "xc" right above the size listings. It looks pushed in too high to me, although this could just be inconsistencies on JBs part. They're b-grades if not fakes.

Really though, a better shot of the back of the tongue will tell the tale for sure, I think.

Posted it fam. Can you check it?

What denim you all wearing with 1's?  Currently wearing my Cyber Monday 1's with some Uniqlo Slims that I had tapered down to like 6.5" leg opening, but I actually think its too tight.   When I wear my other denim that has 7"+ leg opening, it seems too loose. 

What denim you all wearing with 1's?  Currently wearing my Cyber Monday 1's with some Uniqlo Slims that I had tapered down to like 6.5" leg opening, but I actually think its too tight.   When I wear my other denim that has 7"+ leg opening, it seems too loose. 
damn 6.5" opening? my ankles are like 9" minimum

Sounds like you should try 6.75-7" then.

I'm never a fan of dwelling on particular brands, but I like mine at a 7" taper as well.

Stock X sent me a fake pair of Royals.. Just wanted to warn anyone who might've bought a pair from them recently as their legit checks are apparently garbage on Royal 1s. Thankfully, this was my double up pair but I'm not looking forward to dealing with their customer service.

For reference, the Stock X shoe is on the left and my Eastbay shoe is on the right (you'll notice heel stitching is way off):

Last edited:
I don't know much about legit checks, but Jordan brand isn't exactly perfect when it comes to producing these shoes in massive amounts. Are there any other indications it's fake? Just curious cause I'm not well versed in fakes

I don't know much about legit checks, but Jordan brand isn't exactly perfect when it comes to producing these shoes in massive amounts. Are there any other indications it's fake? Just curious cause I'm not well versed in fakes
The shoes also came with the extra laces unattached to the shoe (the lace bag was in the box by itself with no plastic tag attachment). 

Crap like that shouldn't be getting a pass from Stock X. They'll be going off of my to-buy-from list.

I'll stick to Sole Supremacy when I need a shoe I can't get in stores.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom