Jordan slipping on quality or fake wool 12s from Eastbay?

I just got some wool 12s size 10 in the mail from Eastbay after sending 10.5s back for being too big. The first pair was shipped in a box and looked pretty nice aside from some glue spots. The next pair came shipped in a bag and have some issues. First off, they've clearly been bought and sent back once because the tissue paper is all ripped up and the shoes were sitting on top of the paper. The other issues I have are with the size of the Jumpman plates on the sides being different sizes. There are some other flaws that I've taken photos of and will post. Do you think these are real and just poor quality or do you think Eastbay got scammed and are sending out fakes that someone sent back in place of the real shoes? I guess there are more options but here's a look at the pics that make me concerned.
Here's the bag first of all that they came in
View media item 2214571
Left shoe
View media item 2214572
Right shoe
View media item 2214574
Left shoe (other side accent plates are different as well)
View media item 2214575
Right shoe
View media item 2214576
Loose threads on right shoe
View media item 2214578
View media item 2214580
Another thing is the mudguards feel softer on the right shoe than on the left which is weird.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

They are legit.  You got someone else return.  Blame Nike Jb quality.
Thanks for the feedback. I also noticed that production dates are different. The first is like 5/25/16 and 8/11/16 and the second shoe is 5/11/16 and 8/11/16

I was also wondering what makes you so sure. I don't doubt that you know what you're talking about, I'm just curious

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I also noticed that production dates are different. The first is like 5/25/16 and 8/11/16 and the second shoe is 5/11/16 and 8/11/16
​  It is not unusual for the left and right to have diff prod dates.  Left and Right shoes may not be made at the same time.  No worries there.

Ain't that some ish.. I see it all the time they just don't really give a ish. Once you return it and figure you want theses bad...but different dates perfectly norm..the question is it worth to you quality wise clean *** pair or can you fine a better pair? Good luck bro

I do really want these shoes but have already had two pairs that have been sent back. I think I will try and get a 10.5 because even though they are too long, they aren't as narrow as the 10s. I noticed last night that there is some stick substance near the lace holes on the inside of the right side of the left shoe which is the last straw. I'm going to wait until Eastbay gives me my money back from the first pair and try to get another. I refuse to put another $200 out there until I get some money back. 

You guys are just expecting NASA quality craftsmanship from a $200 Jordan shoe...We have to remember they are ONLY shoes, not life saving devices. You guys literally buy whatever they throw at you these days, so quality isn't really a huge concern for them anymore..They know they will sell regardless. I mean JB could literally make some 11s outta styrofoam and cardboard and guys would be lined up around the block to give $300 for them..They got them right where they want them. The ONLY way quality is going to come back is when shoes that are just hypebait and or poor quality just sit and go on sale.

Last edited:
I know they're only sneakers and it's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. I do think that for $200 they could at least manage to supply shoes without sticky crap all up in the inside by the tongue and not have a whole lot of flaws. I understand that glue spots will happen and did not take pictures of all of the glue spots on the shoe. I took pics of the most concerning flaws as I don't want to spend that kind of money for poor quality. I can do without your lecture and believe sending them back is sending a message that if they don't up their game, they are going to be inconvenienced with multiple returns which on a massive scale may compel them to up their game

I think the biggest problem is the fact that Footlocker, Eastbay, Champs, and Footaction are all under the same ownership which creates a virtual monopoly since many Jordans are only released in mass quantities to these stores. If there is a better place to get these releases for people who live in rural areas, I'm all ears.

I think the biggest problem is the fact that Footlocker, Eastbay, Champs, and Footaction are all under the same ownership which creates a virtual monopoly since many Jordans are only released in mass quantities to these stores. If there is a better place to get these releases for people who live in rural areas, I'm all ears.
you realize that isn't gonna help with quality tho right? JB QC still sucks but you should be wearing your shoes not sticking them to your eyes

​  It is not unusual for the left and right to have diff prod dates.  Left and Right shoes may not be made at the same time.  No worries there.
they aren't, there are assembly lines for left only and right only.
this is why it gives me a headache when a picture of a factory shows up making shoes together in day time and people think it's a Nike factory. people don't understand how legit of a business fakes are. they got their own places... but I digress...
left and right aren't made together

You guys are just expecting NASA quality craftsmanship from a $200 Jordan shoe...We have to remember they are ONLY shoes, not life saving devices. You guys literally buy whatever they throw at you these days, so quality isn't really a huge concern for them anymore..They know they will sell regardless. I mean JB could literally make some 11s outta styrofoam and cardboard and guys would be lined up around the block to give $300 for them..They got them right where they want them. The ONLY way quality is going to come back is when shoes that are just hypebait and or poor quality just sit and go on sale.
rep

Last edited:
I do think that if enough people sent back every shoe that has an unreasonable number of flaws that Jordan brand may decide that they need to up their quality control so that they can stop spending all of their time processing returns. If enough people sent them back and declined to buy a replacement pair, this would work better since this is what would cost them the most money. I love wearing my shoes and don't own a pair that doesn't get worn. I just like to have quality sneakers given the high price. If these shoes cost $100 or less, I would be more understanding. I feel like if this was another product, there wouldn't be a discussion. If we were talking about a t shirt or pair of jeans that are messed up, I doubt people would be saying "oh what do you expect? You should just wear the shirt and jeans with sticky crap and stains on them. They're just clothes". Would you wear clothes that are relatively expensive if there were lots of flaws or would you take them back and find some that aren't messed up? If you want to have a discussion regarding whether or not the flaws I have described on the shoes are not serious enough to warrant a return that's fine but I doubt that you would keep other clothes that are messed up when you can return them and get some clothes that have minimal flaws

so its acceptable for quality to be on par with fakes?
mean.gif

so its acceptable for quality to be on par with fakes?:smh:  
You're new if you're expecting perfection. don't like it? find a new hobby

You're new if you're expecting perfection. don't like it? find a new hobby

He is right

bro the shoes are made in sweatshops
there will always be inconsistency's with the shoes

your not getting anything fake from eastbay

only thing is why did they ship the shoes to you in that plastic bag

i thought gave the bags up years ago at least for shipping jordans

one more thing the quality control is not controlled by nike/jordan brand its the sweatshops/factories doing the QC

this is the company that's making the shoes not nike

http://www.pouchen.com/index.php/en/business/footwear-business

Last edited:
i mean i dont expect them to be perfect but they should at least be better than fakes

if dude didnt mention he got those from eastbay, they wouldnt pass a legit check 
mean.gif

damn homie those look like they came straight off dhgate

Sent those back and exchanged for another pair when I saw they were available. Guess what's on my porch?

View media item 2220756

Another bag of shoes, more issues.

View media item 2220757
View media item 2220760
Check out the spacing on threads where the pull tab connects to the shoe at the top

View media item 2220762
View media item 2220767
Turns there's a lovely glue spot or something on material

View media item 2220765
Overall, these are better since there are fewer glue spots and no sticky crap on the insides of the shoe

Last edited:
:lol:

:smh:

son ain't nobody gonna get on all fours when they see your shoes and stick their eye an inch away to inspect them.
the things you're pointing out are redundant
WEAR YOUR SHOES

son ain't nobody gonna get on all fours when they see your shoes and stick their eye an inch away to inspect them.
WEAR YOUR SHOES

I will and I know. I just thought people might want to see what the replacement pair looked like and what issues they have since I posted earlier with the same issues. Sorry for being redundant.

WEAR YOUR SHOES

I will and I know. I just thought people might want to see what the replacement pair looked like and what issues they have since I posted earlier with the same issues. Sorry for being redundant.
you'd have a better chance getting the same thing again. remember, the left and right aren't made together. there's different assembly lines for left and right.
There's gonna be inconsistencies

Again, NASA ain't making these kicks man..You are buying hype NOT quality with a release like this. Sit down and fold 100,000 paper airplanes..Some will have inconsistencies. That's just the way it is with ANYTHING mass produced.

To get PERFECT quality you would end up paying $900 a pair to offset the cost of all of the "flawed" pairs with minor inconsistencies. Just wear them man. Or if you are unhappy, send them back and refuse to be taken for your hard earned money on this particular release.

Okay, I understand what you guys are saying but with all of the fakes out there, it puts people on edge. Also, it's not like these shoes are cheap. If we were talking about a $75 pair of shoes then I understand. I'm fine with little inconsistencies and am wearing the shoes right now. I just think it's reasonable to expect clean shoes with minimal flaws. The last pair had sticky crap all up in the inside of lace holes on right side and that's where I drew the line. We all have to decide for ourselves what we are willing to live with when it comes to quality and flaws. The last pair crossed the line in my opinion but if you don't think so then you can buy them. You and "rob ford" go on and on about just being happy regardless of quality, you sound like shills for Nike and Jordan Brand. Either that or you're both resellers who are tired of people sending back messed up shoes that you sell them. Either way, your messages have been received and I can do without lectures. Info regarding how they're made is fine and is helpful in explaining flaws that may make one question authenticity but chastising people for questioning quality is not helpful.

shill or reseller? you understand that we were just keeping it real right? nothing we said was false. don't be ignorant

price don't matter, you want affordable quality? check out some Sauconys. 60 bucks and great quality

I appreciate you keeping it real and found most of your comments helpful. I just felt like you were being condescending at times and that's a pet peeve of mine. I understand you know way more about shoes and have been at this longer than me. I don't have a large collection of shoes and just buy what I like when they are available. I felt like you were pretty much saying "you should just shut up and take what they give you without being critical". I know that's not what you said but that's the vibe I got from what you said. I don't expect the shoes to be perfect and am content with the pair I have now. The reason I posted the new pics was to show that the new ones had the same issue. Given the fact that I don't know how to tell if shoes are legit due to inexperience, I have watched various YouTube videos and the stuff I seen has made me paranoid. It wouldn't be hard for someone to order a pair of shoes from eastbay, stick a pair of fake or UA shoes they already had in the box, and return them only to have them sent out to the next person who bought them. I have not idea how prevalent this is but it has occurred to me that people could do this. I do not think this happened to me but it makes you wonder. I apologize for saying you sound like a shill and there's nothing wrong with reselling shoes. I just want discussions to be respectful.

Back
Top Bottom