Jordan X White/DK Powder Blue-Black - Release 2/22

Let me comment from a unique perspective: someone who LIVED the Jordan era (in the Chicagoland area nonetheless), but only recently (06-13) started collecting.

It's quite simple really: I COULD GIVE A SH** about the color etc...

As a kid never being able to afford these shoes and now, getting to relive part of my past, is priceless and gratifying!!! If you're a purist, then maybe collecting isn't for you!? If you continue to complain, hey that's cool too. However, I think a silent minority are just like me, simply HAPPY to be in a position to cop these kicks...

Shoot, there's only 3 other pair of shoes I really want from back when other than J's. Them Hiraches (sp), Tim Hardaway Air Raids, and the Penny I's.

So whereas it's highly unlikely I'll be able to catch those kicks, it's nice to know, I have a weekly shot at piece of the past with the Jordans.

Last edited:
So then what you are saying is you would buy a white and **** brown colorway of the X so long as its a jordan?

If we all agreedon **** here this forum would be quite boring

Last edited:
Sigh... No Fam

Compared to some, I'm EXTREMELY YOUNG in this shoe game, and I know this, and don't have a problem with it.

If I like the colorway, quite simply I'm going to cop.

My Sun 8's I don't know if I would cop those again, I was bummed about the Black Grape 5's when I bought those. I originally was going to take a pass on the Powders and Infrareds but when I learned they had never retro'd it changed my thinking.

Now I'm all set until the Carmines (them Baron IX, do got me thinking though), so it's definitely no hypebeast here. I'm just young in the shoe game and learning as I go.

Shoot I'm actually thinking about letting my Sun 8's, and/or the Steels/Powders go, as I'm not TOTALLY crazy about the 8's or having double pairs of releases, when my collection is so young.

The way i see it about the shades of colors is jordan brand is not stupid. They do this on purpose so we can buy the shoe again when it comes back out.

When the chicago x comes back out no doubt they will make the jumpman on the back black

The powder blue x next time will be the more carolina blue x that came out in 95.

I really want to see what the legendary blue xi looks like

Nike is a business. They have to get you to come back and buy more

lol at anyone dumb enough to buy this shoe again because the blue is EVER SO SLIGHTLY different than the OG. Bunch of losers on NT every week complaining about the color of stuff. Suck an egg.

I love all the pictures that you guys are taking too. Good job.

I peek at these at least once a day while they're on ice.....these are in my top X

lol at anyone dumb enough to buy this shoe again because the blue is EVER SO SLIGHTLY different than the OG. Bunch of losers on NT every week complaining about the color of stuff. Suck an egg.

U emo?
Nah, just tired of reading comments from people who sound like they haven't passed the 5th grade or complaining about a 1% difference in color in comparison to something made 20 years ago. Sneakerheads are some of the dumbest people I've ever encountered.

Last edited:
This is getting pretty sad...being apart of this "new" sneaker community...color is fine, I owned OGs when they released, they were never the same shade of blue, in fact some was made in different countries in Asia

With all due respect sir, the colors in that pic you posted are nowhere near the same and no sir the color is not fine when it's being falsely labeled Powder Blue! As for the so called "New" sneaker community comment, I'm 32 years old and have been wearing Jordans since elementary school so.... I won't doubt your comment about the OG's having different color variations but I prefer the Carolina Blue version, now tell me, am I wrong or a newbie for that??

View media item 825358

Its funny how the x and even the xii are made nicely and comfy to wear but the v and vi are made with plastic milkjug leather lol

I bet high heels are more comfortable than my v :lol:

Last edited:
Nah, just tired of reading comments from people who sound like they haven't passed the 5th grade or complaining about a 1% difference in color in comparison to something made 20 years ago. Sneakerheads are some of the dumbest people I've ever encountered.

Well being as though your a member of this shoe community along with the rest of us and I'm guessing a "sneakerhead" as well that sir makes you a "DUMMY" as well smh!! You internet Gangstas are tooooo funny!!!!

"Internet gangsta"? :rofl:

I collect sneakers but I sadly can't identify with most sneakerheads, especially the guys who make it a point to talk like gangstas on here, but just come off sounding like they're too ignorant to have made it through high school, let alone be functional adults. And there's plenty of those guys in this thread, just exemplifying what many can't stand. The LCD of consumer resides on NT. :smh:

Pair from Shoe Palace came in today. My first pair of X's and I love them. I am happy there were plenty to go around and everyone who wanted these were able to get them without too much of a hassle if at all. I know this will sound weird, stupid, etc but I forgot what it felt like to purchase a pair Jordan retro's (last pair I bought were the Aqua's in 07) . I thought this would be my only attempted JB purchase this year, but I like the look of the Baron I's and of course the Concord lows. Pretty sure I will more than likely be successful getting the I's as I anticipate craziness for the concords. I don't play the raffle, bot, camp out game, so it's online or bust for me.

View media item 830007

Last edited:
UPS Still hasn't delivered mines. Its in town already, but there's no scheduled delivery date smh.

UPS Still hasn't delivered mines. Its in town already, but there's no scheduled delivery date smh.

You should be on the look out. Mines was like that and the tracking didnt even say they were out for delivery. They just showed up.

These were never "Carolina Blue" to begin with. Seems like a waste of time to expect a retro to be exactly the same as a OG, showing your age made it worst for you honestly because we are still talking about the shade of blue.... My picture just illustrates how close they are.

View media item 830066[ATTACHMENT=5868][ATTACHMENT=5869]air-jordan-10-x-original-og-charlotte-hornets-white-black-da.jpg (31k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT]
View media item 830068

Like I said this 2014 so called Powder Blue is waaay different so imo they should have called em some other kind of blue!!

Last edited:
:rofl:

It reminds me of when they released the black/varsity red 6's with the Ashy Larry suede and they gave the kids durabuck AND they did the same thing last year with the black grapes :rolleyes

Can't believe they think that ashy crap looks good... Then again it's probably cheaper for them

Last edited:
These were never "Carolina Blue" to begin with. Seems like a waste of time to expect a retro to be exactly the same as a OG, showing your age made it worst for you honestly because we are still talking about the shade of blue.... My picture just illustrates how close they are.

They were called the 'North Carolina" city series 10's, and what NC color is light blue I'm wondering??....Hmmm... The Tar Heels since we didn't have the Panthers yet! By the way I'm from NC so I'm sure of all this fyi!

Back
Top Bottom