Jordan X White/DK Powder Blue-Black - Release 2/22

Ill tell you this. About the same amount of people are complaining about dudes complaining about the color. Dont get butt hurt over an opinion. Makes you look pathetic

Truth. Dudes complaining about other dudes complaining. JB thread, where only positive opinions on jordan retros can be voiced :smh:

Am I allowed to voice a complaint about this?

View media item 830074

Last edited:
They were called the 'North Carolina" city series 10's, and what NC color is light blue I'm wondering??....Hmmm... The Tar Heels since we didn't have the Panthers yet! By the way I'm from NC so I'm sure of all this fyi!

These were not included in the city series. These released in 1994, the city series shoes came out in 1995. Stop, please.

In 1994 when the original release of the Air Jordan 10 came out, a total of three models released, and a regional pack which had five different color ways representing five selected teams. Those lucky teams are – Sacramento Kings, New York Knicks, Orlando Magic, Seattle Supersonics and the Chicago Bulls, and a pair of Air Jordan X cleats were released, all retailing at $125.00.

View media item 830090

City series shoes were only released in the respective cities they were made for, Powders were a GR, I got them from Footlocker in Detroit MI

These were not included in the city series. These released in 1994, the city series shoes came out in 1995. Stop, please.

Smh.... So your telling me these were neeever considered the North Carolina 10's?? Reeeeally?? Bottom line.... the color is different and by this being the proper thread for the so called Powder Blue 10's I voiced my opinion simple as that!! And if you wanna be technical Jerry Stackhouse wore these while playing for who?? THE TAR HEELS!!

Smh.... So your telling me these were neeever considered the North Carolina 10's?? Reeeeally?? Bottom line.... the color is different and by this being the proper thread for the so called Powder Blue 10's I voiced my opinion simple as that!! And if you wanna be technical Jerry Stackhouse wore these while playing for who?? THE TAR HEELS!!

They are loosely based of the UNC colorway, buy not part of the city series. Every single Jordan model has a loosely colorway based off UNC colors. That's like saying I'm not buying True Blue 3s because they don't mat h Carolina colors

They are loosely based of the UNC colorway, buy not part of the city series. Every single Jordan model has a loosely colorway based off UNC colors. That's like saying I'm not buying True Blue 3s because they don't mat h Carolina colors

Sir True Blue 3's were never and never will be considered Carolina Blue smh!! These have always been called the NORTH CAROLINA 10's well the OG's were anyway, get over it!! And we're talking about OG compared to retro so in that sense no sir every OG model doesn't have a color based off of UNC!! Since we're being technical the only models that did WHEN IT "ORIGINALLY RELEASED" are the 1, 9, 10, 11, 12-obsidian, 13 -french blue, 14, 15, 17, 18-low, 20-regional, 21, 23-titanium, black/unc etc.

Last edited:
I bought a red delicious apple from Kroger today, but it don't match the red I bought last week, so I'm taking it back....

That how y'all sound complaining over a color match separated by 20 years...

Sir True Blue 3's were never and never will be considered Carolina Blue smh!! These have always been called the NORTH CAROLINA 10's well the OG's were anyway, get over it!!

I guess that one flew right over your head...I'm done homie

Guys like i said before there were two versions of the dark powder blue jordans originally released that were not included in the city series. They were created from two seperate factories. One which was produced in 94. The other in early 95. 94 was the more vibrant carolina panther shade which the retro seems to be based on. The 95 was more north carolina shade. This is why there is so much confusion

Guys like i said before there were two versions of the dark powder blue jordans originally released that were not included in the city series. They were created from two seperate factories. One which was produced in 94. The other in early 95. 94 was the more vibrant carolina panther shade which the retro seems to be based on. The 95 was more north carolina shade. This is why there is so much confusion

Makes perfect sense to me. Like I told ol dude I been going back and forth with, I prefer the Carolina Blue version and he's been arguing me down that basically there's no UNC version smh!!

They were called the 'North Carolina" city series 10's, and what NC color is light blue I'm wondering??....Hmmm... The Tar Heels since we didn't have the Panthers yet! By the way I'm from NC so I'm sure of all this fyi!
The white/obsidian-ice blue 10s were the 'Carolina' 10s, they wore them in the mid 2000s....came out in '05, I have a pair...not to say that back when they released the City pack they were referred to as the North Carolina City pack...but truly are not UNC colorway!

You should be on the look out. Mines was like that and the tracking didnt even say they were out for delivery. They just showed up.
I was just about to leave the house right when they came in!
roll.gif

Last edited:
In 1994 when the original release of the Air Jordan 10 came out, a total of three models released, and a regional pack which had five different color ways representing five selected teams. Those lucky teams are – Sacramento Kings, New York Knicks, Orlando Magic, Seattle Supersonics and the Chicago Bulls, and a pair of Air Jordan X cleats were released, all retailing at $125.00.

View media item 830090

City series shoes were only released in the respective cities they were made for, Powders were a GR, I got them from Footlocker in Detroit MI

so are powders the closest to the Orlando city series shoe? Are they supposed to be a Retro of that?

Last edited:
I just noticed that there's a big gap where the black sole meets the white leather on the tip of the toe box
mad.gif
It looks like they didnt glue it well smh.  You can stick 2 stacked pennies in there 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Last edited:

After this I'm done with it.... Whoever wrote that story was wrooong! The Hornets are Purple and Aqua not Powder Blue! These were associated wit the Tar Heels 1st and foremost because that was Jordan's college team and secondly because Jerry Stackhouse wore em when he played for the Tar Heels.

I should've pulled the trigger last night when I had 2 pairs sitting in the DSG cart... Didn't pull the trigger because I was waiting on a 10%off coupon :rofl:

These are def worth doubling up on. Quality is amazing compared to the Chicagos from a few years ago

Last edited:
After this I'm done with it.... Whoever wrote that story was wrooong! The Hornets are Purple and Aqua not Powder Blue! These were associated wit the Tar Heels 1st and foremost because that was Jordan's college team and secondly because Jerry Stackhouse wore em when he played for the Tar Heels.

This...UNC was the inspiration for the colorway...

For what it's worth the Powder's weren't actually part of the "City Series"...They were a full release just like the Steels and Shadows...

Back
Top Bottom