Jordan's Night to Remember Turns Petty

Originally Posted by j4rote33

But while all these fans are running up to him no one understands that he's also in charge of Jordan Brand and running the Bobcats.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by forever23

Humble / Gracious / Meek / Unassuming / Embarrassed / Shy / Diminutive / Petty and "SECOND PLACE"............... These are not words which anyone would ever have used to describe MJ at any point in his career...

Self centered / arrogant / Confident / Trash talking / Hardest working / inspirational / Leader.....................and Winner!........................ These are his attributes, always have been......... That's why we love him!

I loved his acceptance speech... anything else would have been a sellout and a compromise.

Fixed.....

As far as my opinion goes, MJ is not a perfect person. Nobody is really. Dude's not the most humble guy in the world and big deal he's harassed inpublic...it comes with the territory of being a high profile celebrity. Stardom is a double edged sword, people want it but then they get mad when thenuisances of that lifestyle come at them...I'm not saying MJ doesn't appreciate the fans or his coaches or his teammates..but besides being widelyaccepted as the world's greatest basketball player ever..he's just human...

I can understand some people's feelings on Jordan's HOF speech. The man has accomplished incredible feats in basketball and is given all of theaccolades along with it. Nobody mentions the fact too much that Jordan is and has always been a compulsive gambler but that's his lifestyle...doesn'treally have anything to do with his NBA career.

As much as MJ is looked up to, I would've rather heard him in a moment of humility, address and praise the many people that helped him along the wayinstead of bringing up and focusing on past issues with certain coaches/players during his career...

I've watched Jordan his entire career...and I mean that literally...I just didn't start catching Wizards games just a few years ago either. I respectthe man's ability on the court, I respect and admire his determination and desire, and I respect his accomplishments....other than that, the person MJseems to be away from the court doesn't impress me all that much.

You should watch all 3 parts of his induction ceremony on youtube before you comment.

I watched it and thought it was more hilarious than insulting... Bryon Russel was talking trash talking bout how hes gonna bust MJ's $#@@ ....Well thefinals hit in 97 (I think) and Mikes like "heres your shot.

Again...imo more hilarity than insulting....that Yahoo author mustve been on his period or something

MJ wasn't very much liked buy most of his teammates and coaches his first few years in the league, but then he started winning championships. Winningchanges everything. Proving that you're better than everyone else can get taken the wrong way sometimes

I'm not sure about everyone else but I grew up watching Michael, I remember seeing him play in Philly Iverson's rookie year and his final season withthe bulls, I have all the movies, and multiple books about him but I didn't want him to just go up there and say thank you and just glaze over his career.I loved the speech how often did you ever really see michael let his guard down and tell us how he really felt and what really drove him to become the bestever. If byron russell is upset by what he said maybe he should have stopped him once or twice instead of being on the wrong end of all of MJ's highlights

well, practically j4rote33 had pointed out the most important aspect of mj being a person - his competitiveness.
His competitiveness is in his personality, on or off court, that's him. Though this aspect had driven him to win championships
and created history, but as a normal person, this attribute do not do him any good in some ways. BUT that's who MJ is.
well, you can't get everyone to like one guy, no one's perfect. There will always be supporters as well as nay sayers.
anyways, congrats MJ!

sorry for double post but this is what i wanted to post.

well, practically j4rote33 had pointed out the most important aspect of mj being a person - his competitiveness.
His competitiveness is in his personality, on or off court, that's him. Though this aspect had driven him to win championships
and created history, but as a normal person, this attribute do not do him any good in some ways. BUT that's who MJ is.
well, you can't get everyone to like one guy, no one's perfect. There will always be supporters as well as nay sayers.
anyways, congrats MJ!

Back
Top Bottom