Josh Hamilton has relapsed!

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Ain't nothing wrong with a sip.  Mr. Hamilton accidently taste tested somebody's strawberry daiquiri and you guys go over board..
You're an idiot. There's no such thing as "just a sip" to a recovering alcoholic and drug addict

How is one supposed to combat alcoholism? Just doesn't seem like a fight that can be won if the person is staying sober for other people. He has so much support because of who he is but at the end of the day who knows how he really wants to feel. Temptation may be there every day.

I wonder if psychedelic drugs could be a better alternative? Just doesn't seem plausible for an alcoholic to give up drinking forever without having another outlet. All that false hope in God stuff isn't the solution either.

It's BS that this made its way to the media. Whoever spoke about this should be ashamed of themselves. 

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

It's BS that this made its way to the media. Whoever spoke about this should be ashamed of themselves. 

Agreed, but that's what bring a "celebrity" is, I know it's some BS

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Ain't nothing wrong with a sip.  Mr. Hamilton accidently taste tested somebody's strawberry daiquiri and you guys go over board..

You can't be serious.

Hopefully it isn't true.

Damn.
tired.gif

Pretty common with alcohol though.
30t6p3b.gif

Wish him the best...

Depending on the situation I would say an alcohol slip is normal and shouldn't be blown out of proportion. Let's not forget this dude was heavy on cocaine and heroin. If either was his "slip" then I'd truly be worried.

I never feel bad for anyone who does drugs or becomes an alcoholic in the first place, but I still wish him the best since he is trying to better himself.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I never feel bad for anyone who does drugs or becomes an alcoholic in the first place, but I still wish him the best since he is trying to better himself.
Ok Mr. self righteous. Have you ever had anyone close to you battle addiction?

I've known of a few people (and personally work with some in my field of work). I have my opinion and you have yours.
I don't have to feel sorry for anyone who begins taking substances regardless of their issues, sure everyone is different but I can feel however I'd like to feel in regards to that. I still wish him a good recovery since its not easy to overcome it, its a life long struggle.

That could very well be the reason he feels the way he does.

Random thought but Josh Hamilton bears somewhat of a resemblance to Blake Griffin.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

That could very well be the reason he feels the way he does.
I refuse to believe that. 
Addicts don't want your pity. But the "I don't feel bad for you/you brought this all on yourself" attitude needs to go.

when i initially read this i thought he was taking drugs again, then once i read that he only had a few drinks i really didn't think it was a big deal. hopefully it's a just a 1 time thing though

Originally Posted by zmoney3

who cares...alcohol is not illegal....
It can lead to him going back to the hard stuff.

A former coworker of mine used to do some heavy drugs and she said even 1 beer can hit the reset button and she can relapse.

i lost a job awhile back for failing a random drug test ( weed ) and they said i can go to rehab or lose my job.

i went to rehab, felt like an %!# for being there with hardcore drug users and i'm there for weed . i finished the program ( never got the job back ) and stood clean of anything for 4 years . i took one hit of a joint at a poker night and was amazed at the spiral it started .

i can only imagine how hard it is for josh with all the heavy stuff he's done , it's everyday every minute thinking about it , fighting it. the dude is a helluva talent , hope he comes through this right and manages to live a clean life .

Back
Top Bottom