Just got 5k bonus what should i invest or blow it in?

our union just passed the contract and all of us got a 5k bonus. so i was wonder what should i do with it ? any suggestions ?

Save it, don't be stupid, or waste a little bit but don't go all out 
nerd.gif

save it or pay off a car,put it toward a crib or payment.dont invest if you know nothing about that field

lol at the humble brag. i'll probably pay some bill and blow a lil at the bar treat out some good friends and put it towards a house in the fall of 12'

If you have any debt at all pay it towards that. End of story.

If not blow like $500 and just stack the rest until you need it.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

If you have any debt at all pay it towards that. End of story.

If not blow like $500 and just stack the rest until you need it.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

listen to this man...

You get taxed off the $5k right? Man, I get $1k bonuses usually every year and it saddens me when it gets taxed. Because of that, I usually just spend it all.

Pay off a car payment/save it for future payments/bills. It'll pay off in the long run. Realistically though, blow it.

If you could get another 3-5 gs together throw it in JPM next time it pulls back under 30, although you can't go wrong buying anytime under 32 if you're fine with holding long term.

yeah i work at Boeing, this is my second contract, wanted to go on strike so i can go back to Laos and chill. yeah usually suspend it too and get like 7500-8k check but i would have to pay that back at the end year.  probably gonna get some new snowboarding gear.

Back
Top Bottom