Just take a look Vol. Ill leave this here

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

i wonder how much yuku was sold for

Judging by it's performance and stability, I'm gonna go with $1.75.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

Originally Posted by you big dummy

^ can't post on NT but can post on other yuku boards
nerd.gif

Naw, he can post here. He was posting in the FF thread back in November..

Originally Posted by Method Man

whatever happened to retrokid?

He works for Nike now.  Once you take an industry job, you have to step down from the staff to avoid any potential conflicts of interest.  We stay in touch, however, and he's doing great.  I wish I could say the same for his Warriors. 

Putty was annoying as hell with the religion posts, but he did contribute a lot of useful info to this site. I'd much rather

him and his religious essays than a few other cornballs that fly by on here.

That's just it:  we're not going to consider whether or not someone's a "net positive" in spite of bad behavior.  I've actually had people try to argue, "yeah, I know I can be a jerk but I think on balance I'm good for the site."  That's unacceptable.  We can't be expected to look the other way on disrespectful behavior because somebody thinks of themselves as a valuable "personality" to have on the site.  That's beyond arrogant.  

Do I look like David Stern to you?  There's no "star calls" on NikeTalk.  

If you're not going to treat other users with respect then you don't deserve to post here.  It's as simple as that.

LULZ

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

NT Illuminati board...

posting here. if you don't see me in 24 hours you'll know something happened to me. I wish you all a very fond farewell if this is my last

You're trying way too hard, Regis.  You've done more dirt than JRose5 and you're still posting here, aren't you?  
What do you think we'd find if we cracked open your inboxes?  

Technically, JRose5 didn't break any rules on NikeTalk's forums itself, but his actions were not befitting of a staff member and we responded accordingly.  Users were encouraged to report the incidents to Yuku's staff, since they're the only ones capable of implementing a global ban and preventing users from sending PMs.  Where our forums were concerned, we kicked him off the staff immediately after the PMs in question could be verified, but the initial idea was to give him the opportunity to post an apology.  This request was made via the staff board, when he was still a member at the time.  He never took us up on our offer to allow him to explain himself to us as a community and insisted, however implausibly, that someone had hacked his account.  I didn't give him a hard deadline to post an apology, so as the days went on we had other matters to attend to and there were no alarm bells sounding to remind me to terminate his accounts.  We never saw him around the site and his staff access was pulled, so there was no impetus.  

In hindsight, should he have been banned?  I guess, but would you rather he have been posting here 20 times per day under some alias?  He was off the staff and no longer a functional part of the community.  Wasn't that the entire point?  

As it worked out, you've been banned more times than he's posted in the last few years.  In truth, he's had it a lot rougher than you because we held him, as a staff member, to a much higher standard.  

If you want, I'll give you three boring posts nobody cares about under one of your banned names, but then you have to vanish forever.  Still think you got a raw deal?  

You can put that popcorn away, you're already full of salt. 

Just like that it's gone

Of course it's gone.  People decided to act like clowns on a board that had no remaining purpose.   It was a test board with a ridiculous default theme and a handful of admins saying "testing 1 2 3."  That needs to be kept around for your amusement?  

You guys already saw everything there was to see there.  If you think that's exciting stuff, I feel very sorry for you.  

That Meth Avy >>> NT Meth Avy, Srs.

That's the road alternate.

6383532a60aeac05becef81c26044e92b39a1bb.gif

You seem bothered. I dont see where I complained about a raw deal.
All I did was point out a simple contradiction...nothing more, nothing less.

Originally Posted by Method Man

You're trying way too hard, Regis.  You've done more dirt than JRose5 and you're still posting here, aren't you?  
What do you think we'd find if we cracked open your inboxes?  

Technically, JRose5 didn't break any rules on NikeTalk's forums itself, but his actions were not befitting of a staff member and we responded accordingly.  Users were encouraged to report the incidents to Yuku's staff, since they're the only ones capable of implementing a global ban and preventing users from sending PMs.  Where our forums were concerned, we kicked him off the staff immediately after the PMs in question could be verified, but the initial idea was to give him the opportunity to post an apology.  This request was made via the staff board, when he was still a member at the time.  He never took us up on our offer to allow him to explain himself to us as a community and insisted, however implausibly, that someone had hacked his account.  I didn't give him a hard deadline to post an apology, so as the days went on we had other matters to attend to and there were no alarm bells sounding to remind me to terminate his accounts.  We never saw him around the site and his staff access was pulled, so there was no impetus.  

In hindsight, should he have been banned?  I guess, but would you rather he have been posting here 20 times per day under some alias?  He was off the staff and no longer a functional part of the community.  Wasn't that the entire point?  

As it worked out, you've been banned more times than he's posted in the last few years.  In truth, he's had it a lot rougher than you because we held him, as a staff member, to a much higher standard.  

If you want, I'll give you three boring posts nobody cares about under one of your banned names, but then you have to vanish forever.  Still think you got a raw deal?  

You can put that popcorn away, you're already full of salt. 

Just like that it's gone
Of course it's gone.  People decided to act like clowns on a board that had no remaining purpose.   It was a test board with a ridiculous default theme and a handful of admins saying "testing 1 2 3."  That needs to be kept around for your amusement?  

You guys already saw everything there was to see there.  If you think that's exciting stuff, I feel very sorry for you.  

That Meth Avy >>> NT Meth Avy, Srs.

That's the road alternate.

6383532a60aeac05becef81c26044e92b39a1bb.gif

Bam.
embarassed.gif

Meth, a question on a completely unrelated topic. How much time (percentage-wise) does NT take out of your day?

Originally Posted by Regis

You seem bothered. I dont see where I complained about a raw deal.
All I did was point out a simple contradiction...nothing more, nothing less.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Meth, a question on a completely unrelated topic. How much time (percentage-wise) does NT take out of your day?

enough to earn a living..?

ep21_greek_nick_sobotka.jpg

:tongue:opcorn

You seem bothered. I dont see where I complained about a raw deal.All I did was point out a simple contradiction...nothing more, nothing less.
I seem bothered?  That's funny.  
You've thrown salt at me multiple times in this thread without any provocation, yet the second I respond I'm mad.  

Talk about a simple contradiction. 

Too much - which is why I don't have time to play insect politics for people's entertainment.  

Seriously, this stuff is garbage.  It's like settling an argument over who gets to use the copy machine first.  I have low patience for it.  People want to play "reality show" over the most trifling things out of sheer boredom.  I suppose I should take that as a positive, if this is the most "scandalous" thing people can dredge up about the community.  However, I think we're all better served if we have staff members spending time on things that matter.  

I haven't even had time to make the latest donation announcement yet.  Something always comes up to demand immediate attention.  There's a lot of SIGNIFICANT stuff going on behind the scenes now, but for pragmatic reasons it's pretty obvious why that stuff doesn't take place in public view.  Nothing would EVER get done if that were the case.  

Right now, my primary concern with NikeTalk is getting this site on track from a technical standpoint.  Yuku's been sold 3 times in three years.  We've had to deal with an endless parade of different CEOs, CTOs, developers, etc., weigh all sorts of different options for the future of this community, handle legal issues... there's an entire business that has to be managed here, whether our personnel derive any profit from it or not.  

After dealing with all of that, I have to be nitpicked and insulted by a handful of disgruntled users who've been previously banned for posting blatant, immature personal attacks to a sneaker board.  You can understand why that gets old fast.  This stuff is petty and unimportant, yet, because it plays out in "public," it still has to be dealt with. 

Back
Top Bottom