Just take a look Vol. Ill leave this here

Well, since I missed the hoopla, does anyone have pics of the alternate Meth avy?
nerd.gif

Not to sound like a hipster but I browsed that thread before it was mainstream and I also stumbled upon this a while back. => http://twitter.com/#!/niketalkgeneral
I just made a thread and then I looked on that twitter and the person who operates that twitter account made a tweet about my thread.
In fact, it makes tweets for all the threads on general. What does it mean?

Im not disgruntled though.

Relax a little.

You tried to take shots, but now you're tight because you're getting called on it?  Internet bravery at its finest. 

That's like shoving somebody from behind, then going "WHOA, what's his problem?" when they turn around to confront you about it.  Stay in your lane. 

Well, since I missed the hoopla, does anyone have pics of the alternate Meth avy? 
nerd.gif

It's not a big deal.

4372549606ab0b30f152a0b15eab53fee2052d5.jpg

enough to earn a living..?

And who are you?  Oh, the guy who "disapproves" of the thread where I did nothing more than asked for user feedback on the site's design?  A guy who's earned three suspensions this year?  

Right.  That's what I thought. 

Even so, as long as I'm wasting my time indulging people's petty, vindictive barbs, let me address your "question" as though it were legitimate:  

No.  If we have to switch platforms and handle even more of the business side in house, then we may need to pay out a salary or two.  If you're going to have somebody working full time on something, obviously they can't live on goodwill.  However, that's not something we'd do unless the result would ultimately generate more money for charity and that's not something we've done historically.  

People have been turning profit off of NikeTalk for years in various ways, whether it's the hosting company, the sponsors, or just all of the countless individuals who shamelessly plug their wares on here.  We on the staff are among the only ones who haven't had a piece of the action.  In that sense, I suppose I get the skepticism and the cynicism - but it gets old.

I think it's obvious that we're taking a different approach with our site - not just through the donations but in the countless monetization opportunities we TURN DOWN every day.  It's kind of unfair that we're constantly harried about the possibility that someone on the staff is making money from the site.  Even though we're not, we have every right to, honestly.  There's no REASON for us to lie about it.  Everyone else just takes the money.  They run their businesses purely for profit - sometimes brazenly and at the expense of all integrity - and their users don't make a peep in protest.  It would be far EASIER for me just to say, "yeah, I make money on this site.  So what?  It's WORK.  You get paid for your work, don't you?"  What do I get for claiming that we're all volunteers?  We're not receiving any awards here.  I say it because it's the truth.  

If we wanted to exploit this site for personal gain, don't you think we could do a better job of selling out?  Really, you don't think we could wrap the site in beer advertisements?  Add pop-up videos?  Infolinks?  Sponsored apps?  What holds us back if we're so unscrupulous as to lie about giving to charity?  

Most of you may not know this, but we ran the site completely ad free until about 2007 or so.  As the community grew, we needed to recognize SOME of the site's value in order to stay online and maximize donations, but our first obligation is and always has been to the end user.  If an advertising vehicle strikes me as annoying, we won't use it.  The opportunity cost of that is probably well into the six figure range by now.  

The evidence is right here in front of you.  Look at NikeTalk and compare it to other sites of our size and other sites in our sector.  How many ads do we run?  How many ads do they run?  How much do we donate to charity?  How much do they donate to charity?  If that's not good enough for you, then good luck finding a site that meets your criteria.    

What I want to know is why some people insist on trying to sling mud at us an concoct these ridiculous, trumped up "scandals?"  Is there really nothing better to do?  No matter how much we give, no matter how much temptation we resist, no matter how strong an effort we make every single day for our users... it's never going to be enough for some people. 

So be it. 

We'll continue to run this site for those who enjoy and appreciate it.  

Originally Posted by Method Man

this is
pimp.gif
, should switch it up.

listen, if yall wanna take some off the top for doing all this work on here, who cares?

YOLO
pimp.gif

its not like we have to pay to be here, its a free board that we choose to sign into and browse, plus you put up with alot of our shenanigans
laugh.gif

Honestly don't know too much on this whole subject and I'm kinda lost, but hats off to you meth for handling this like a professional. Actually pretty damn respectful. I tried to run a sports forum and it was damn near impossible so hats off. I appreciate niketalk and the job you've done, if it matters at all to you. Thanks for your work, man.

Originally Posted by Method Man

Im not disgruntled though.

Relax a little.
You tried to take shots, but now you're tight because you're getting called on it?  Internet bravery at its finest. 

That's like shoving somebody from behind, then going "WHOA, what's his problem?" when they turn around to confront you about it.  Stay in your lane. 

nerd.gif

It's not a big deal.

enough to earn a living..?

And who are you?  Oh, the guy who "disapproves" of the thread where I did nothing more than asked for user feedback on the site's design?  A guy who's earned three suspensions this year?  

Right.  That's what I thought. 

Even so, as long as I'm wasting my time indulging people's petty, vindictive barbs, let me address your "question" as though it were legitimate:  

No.  If we have to switch platforms and handle even more of the business side in house, then we may need to pay out a salary or two.  If you're going to have somebody working full time on something, obviously they can't live on goodwill.  However, that's not something we'd do unless the result would ultimately generate more money for charity and that's not something we've done historically.  

People have been turning profit off of NikeTalk for years in various ways, whether it's the hosting company, the sponsors, or just all of the countless individuals who shamelessly plug their wares on here.  We on the staff are among the only ones who haven't had a piece of the action.  In that sense, I suppose I get the skepticism and the cynicism - but it gets old.

I think it's obvious that we're taking a different approach with our site - not just through the donations but in the countless monetization opportunities we TURN DOWN every day.  It's kind of unfair that we're constantly harried about the possibility that someone on the staff is making money from the site.  Even though we're not, we have every right to, honestly.  There's no REASON for us to lie about it.  Everyone else just takes the money.  They run their businesses purely for profit - sometimes brazenly and at the expense of all integrity - and their users don't make a peep in protest.  It would be far EASIER for me just to say, "yeah, I make money on this site.  So what?  It's WORK.  You get paid for your work, don't you?"  What do I get for claiming that we're all volunteers?  We're not receiving any awards here.  I say it because it's the truth.  

If we wanted to exploit this site for personal gain, don't you think we could do a better job of selling out?  Really, you don't think we could wrap the site in beer advertisements?  Add pop-up videos?  Infolinks?  Sponsored apps?  What holds us back if we're so unscrupulous as to lie about giving to charity?  

Most of you may not know this, but we ran the site completely ad free until about 2007 or so.  As the community grew, we needed to recognize SOME of the site's value in order to stay online and maximize donations, but our first obligation is and always has been to the end user.  If an advertising vehicle strikes me as annoying, we won't use it.  The opportunity cost of that is probably well into the six figure range by now.  

The evidence is right here in front of you.  Look at NikeTalk and compare it to other sites of our size and other sites in our sector.  How many ads do we run?  How many ads do they run?  How much do we donate to charity?  How much do they donate to charity?  If that's not good enough for you, then good luck finding a site that meets your criteria.    

What I want to know is why some people insist on trying to sling mud at us an concoct these ridiculous, trumped up "scandals?"  Is there really nothing better to do?  No matter how much we give, no matter how much temptation we resist, no matter how strong an effort we make every single day for our users... it's never going to be enough for some people. 

So be it. 

We'll continue to run this site for those who enjoy and appreciate it.  

Word to Steve. #NT for life.

Meth for president!

I've been on NikeTalk a long time--probably too long.  I've realized throughout the years only one thing has really remained consistent (cause it sure as Hell isnt the Brand/Shoes) and that is Meth.  
Method Man is what makes NT the message board that it is.  The forum and everyone who has used it for whatever reason, whether it be information, humor, conversation, or business, is lucky to have had someone as dedicated, ethical, and honest as the Captain.
ibCaptainMyCaptain

Meth is a powerful force but is he a match for the serious trolling that has been here since it's inception?

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

Meth is a powerful force but is he a match for the serious trolling that has been here since it's inception?

NT Trolls are Meths spare accounts he practices with for when he has to do battle with Steve at I$$

Back
Top Bottom