Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

Eminem is still dominating rap right now :lol:. He’s not “culturally” relevant (and hasn’t been forever). But he’s still dominating numbers wise. And we know why.
Yeah, SIX RIAA Diamond awards, along with having the most gold and plainum singles. He's sold more record than drake and kanye.

https://www.mtv.com/news/f3p2s4/the-source-digs-up-tape-of-eminem-using-racial-slurs

I remember when people were trying to make excuses for him on here at the time.
Bro what?? Em was 15 years old at the time he made that tape, he even admitted it was stupid:

"Eminem responded to the latter track on Tuesday by insisting he isn't racist and explaining that the recording was made when he was just 15, foolish and angry."

Furthermore:

"The tape they played today was something I made out of anger, stupidity and frustration when I was a teenager. I'd just broken up with my girlfriend, who was African-American, and I reacted like the angry, stupid kid I was. I hope people will take it for the foolishness that it was, not for what somebody is trying to make it into today."

That was over 35 years ago, give my man a break.

(And what do you mean by people used to try to make excuses for him? If you're offended by his music, just don't listen to it. There's a reason he isn't featured on Christian radio stations, smdh)

And what do you mean by people used to try to make excuses for him?

Em was 15 years old at the time he made that tape, he even admitted it was stupid
That was over 35 years ago, give my man a break.
737C7641-6BC6-4FB8-8C7E-A68BE6E9A580.gif

Has Adidas commented at all? I know they said they'd review their partnership several weeks ago after the White Lives Matter stuff but nothing since then?

Saying it's silly to bring up things from 35 yrs ago that a 15 yr old said in a rap isn't that lengthy imo. He was wrong and owned it 20 years ago. And I'm not even a huge Em fan.
From the article...

On the first of two tracks purportedly recorded in 1993, an audibly young male, who says he's Eminem raps, "All the girls I like to bone have big butts/ No they don't, 'cause I don't like that n----- sh--/ I'm just here to make a bigger hit."

Marshall Bruce Mathers III, born Born: October 17, 1972. You do the math

Correct me if I'm wrong....

He went to court and claimed copyright to try and stop the Source from publishing them, and lost, the judge allowed clips to the published but not the entire tracks. There were multiple tracks, seems like not all were recorded when he was an angry teenager. The one that would have put him in his 20s he denied was him even though there were people who said they knew him at the time.

So why go to court and claim copyright over something that isn't him?

How is that owning it? He owned up to the part where he could claim he was a bitter 15-year-old. Seems like he bull****ted the other one

Last edited:
From the article...

Marshall Bruce Mathers III, born Born: October 17, 1972. You do the math

Correct me if I'm wrong....

He went to court and claimed copyright to try and stop the Source from publishing them, and lost, the judge allowed clips to the published but not the entire tracks. There were multiple tracks, seems like not all were recorded when he was an angry teenager. The one that would have put him in his 20s he denied was him even though there were people who said they knew him at the time.

So why go to court and claim copyright over something that isn't him?

How is that owning it? He owned up to the part where he could claim he was a bitter 15-year-old. Seems like he bull****ted the other one
Hey man I'm not going to waste too much time on this, but a 15 or 21 or whatever age kid using that word in a rap 30-35 years ago doesn't move the needle much for me. If you want to hold it against him still, that's cool too.

Man I was still doing a loooooot of dumb **** at 21. But I'm old af so maybe I view it differently.
Did you say racist stuff against black people when you were 21 too?

I usually don't do this, but I have to ask, are you black?

Because I want to understand where you are coming from before I say what I have to say

Last edited:

Because I want to understand where you are coming from before I say what I have to say

I really hate having labeling people based off their race and/or religion. Why do we have to group people based off those things?

What do you think :lol:

Context matters. A young kid used a word that most of his friends, who were black, used until he grew up and learned he wasn't supposed to use it and he stopped 30+ years ago and you're still judging him over it. He was wrong and fixed it. I have a feeling there's some things from your teenage years and early 20's that you'd prefer to not be judged off of 30 years later but you can sit on your pedestal and judge others so do you. I'm glad 44 year old me isn't Judged off 21 year old me.

Last I'll say about it.

Context matters. A young kid used a word that most of his friends, who were black, used until he grew up and learned he wasn't supposed to use it and he stopped 30+ years ago and you're still judging him over it. He was wrong and fixed it. I have a feeling there's some things from your teenage years and early 20's that you'd prefer to not be judged off of 30 years later but you can sit on your pedestal and judge others so do you. I'm glad 44 year old me isn't Judged off 21 year old me.

Last I'll say about it.
This post is pathetic

Back
Top Bottom