Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

Because I realized there is nothing about dude's post/position I really respect

Just like I don't respect the **** you post
8419A0E9-B01F-422B-9954-BCB44837DBD9.gif

IM TRYING PAPA

A person record a song spewing racism about black people when he was 21. He didn't just use a word around the black friends he grew up around.

He owes his success to multiple black people, and openly stated at the time he doesn't support racism and doesn't use the N-word

Yet, His previous racism gets exposed when he was in his late 20s/early 30s, and he half owns up to it, and half bull****s to deflect

And the defense of him is the usual white privileged drenched **** about him being young

As soon as I touched down in America as a 14-year-old, cops were on me. I got harassed by the same cop

I saw black friends' lives ruined and almost ruined by relatively small things.

When I was 21, I did a lot of dumb **** I was not proud of. But I didn't use racial slurs, I certainly didn't make a song using them

It is just weird that when it comes to the bad behavior of young black boys, they are viewed as adults in their early teens, and society treats and punishes them accordingly

But with white dudes especially affluent ones or with fame, get to be kids well into their 20s,

So excuse me if I don't accept a non-black person, defending a white adult's racist actions by calling him a kid and sanitizing his action. That just doesn't sit right with me

It is not about being on my high horse, it is about acknowledging the different ways society goes harder at certain groups for certain actions. I just find that double standard insulting

Right now, people are rightfully drawing a strict line on what is excusable rhetoric regarding Jewish Americans.

And the second it turns to a white person's racism towards black people, the black people talking issue with Ye's antisemitism are to treated to some mealy-mouthed nonsense downplaying Emimen's racism.

Yeah, spare me.

Last edited:
A person record a song spewing racism about black people when he was 21. He didn't just use a word around the black friends he grew up around.

He owes his success to multiple black people, and openly stated at the time he doesn't support racism and doesn't use the N-word

Yet, His previous racism gets exposed when he was in his late 20s early 30s, and he half owns up to it, and half bull****s to deflect

And the defense of him is the usual white privileged drenched **** about him being young

As soon as I touched down in America as a 14-year-old, cops were on me. I got harassed by the same cop

I saw black friends' lives ruined and almost ruined of relatively small things.

When I was 21, I did a lot of dumb **** I was not proud of. But I didn't use racial slurs, I certainly didn't make a song using them

It is just weird that when it comes to the bad behavior of young black boys, they are viewed as adults in their early teens, and society treats and punishes them accordingly

But with white dudes especially affluent ones or with fame, they get to be kids well into their 20s,

So excuse me if I don't accept a non-black person, defending a white adult's racist actions by calling him a kid and sanitizing his action. That just doesn't sit right with me

It is not about being on my high horse, it is about acknowledging the different ways society goes harder at certain groups for certain actions. I just find that double standard insulting

Right now, people are rightfully drawing a strict line on what is excusable rhetoric regarding Jewish Americans.

And the second it turns to a white person's racism towards black people the black people talking issue with Ye's antisemitism to treated to some mealy-mouthed nonsense downplaying Emimen's racism.

Yeah, spare me.
If the story was that Kayne made these comments 25 years ago when he was 20 and hadn't made anything close to them since, I'd have the same thoughts as I do about Eminem using that word 35 years ago. If Eminem was using that word today, my feelings would be different. As I said earlier, context matters.

I will say it's odd that a discussion of Ye has turned into "But hey what about the white guy from 35 years ago?"

If the story was that Kayne made these comments 25 years ago when he was 20 and hadn't made anything close to them since, I'd have the same thoughts as I do about Eminem using that word 35 years ago. If Eminem was using that word today, my feelings would be different. As I said earlier, context matters.

I will say it's odd that a discussion of Ye has turned into "But hey what about the white guy from 35 years ago?"
People like you who jumped out the window as soon as he was mentioned are the ones that are acting like this is what is going on

wavycrocket wavycrocket brought him up in a different context Methodical Management Methodical Management mentioned about how people defend their idols.

These were not whataboutisms to draw attention away from Ye. It was a discussion about the music industry, and to draw parallels about how fans defend bad behavior from their idols

And you proceeded to prove Meth's point

All you are doing here is pushing a strawman in hopes it helps your tired argument

Saying it's silly to bring up things from 35 yrs ago that a 15 yr old said in a rap isn't that lengthy imo. He was wrong and owned it 20 years ago. And I'm not even a huge Em fan.
In 2003, it was not “35 years ago,” nor was he fifteen at the time of the recording.

My statement was that people were bending over backwards trying to find some way to excuse it at the time - and, sadly, it seems that’s still true.

I find it particularly distasteful when the incident is treated as if it’s an accident, like he slipped on a banana peel, then shouted a racial slur and a derogatory claim about Black women into a microphone.

This seems to be the “Michael Richards defense,” that if someone suffers temporary embarrassment, it is in some way understandable for them to grope around for a weapon and wield a twisted instrument of historical oppression in defense of a momentarily bruised ego. (“Hurt people hurt people.”)

Hey man I'm not going to waste too much time on this, but a 15 or 21 or whatever age kid using that word in a rap 30-35 years ago doesn't move the needle much for me. If you want to hold it against him still, that's cool too.
I can accept that it doesn’t move the needle much for you, but, crucially, it did not denigrate you.

Man I was still doing a loooooot of dumb **** at 21. But I'm old af so maybe I view it differently.
There are a lot of people in prison for mistakes they made at 21. Society tends to be significantly more forgiving when the people who make those “mistakes” are White.

It brings to mind Chanel Miller’s powerful statement regarding Brock Turner and his incredibly lenient sentencing:

“My pain was never more important than his potential.”

Forgiveness does not require us to forget, nor should we ignore the tendency in our society to grant some people second (and third, and fourth) chances before giving others their first.

I understand that a lot of Ye’s fans - like Eminem’s fans - are inclined to forgive him - but not all of them have the standing to do so.

It is all too easy to forgive someone for harms inflicted upon someone else. If you’re not Black, if you’re not Jewish, then you have little right to ask those who are to overlook his defamatory statements because you like his art.

I understand what you’re saying and i get it. no disagreement whatsoever. My statement was generally speaking about everyone and everything being politically correct. I agree racist and anti-semitics has absolutely no place in media. With all that said, people aren’t perfect and we’re bound to make mistakes (again generally speaking)

From the Yeezy thread :lol: damn these guys go all out to justify how much they paid for their ugly Yeezy shoes.

Apparently going on 13 years (I’m counting from that embarrassing Taylor Swift incident) worth of rampages of buffoonery, racism, and all types of ignorant behavior is a “mistake”.

While I do agree that Kanye should. have faced consequences for his “slavery was a choice” and MAGA nonsense, I don’t agree that attacking other groups is fair game. Singling out Jews makes no sense when unfortunately countries, industries, celebrities of all faiths don’t give importance to black people. The question should be “When is society as a whole going to give the same urgency to address anti black rhetoric” rather than some simplistic and ignorant “the Jews control everything!!!”

We hear unfiltered and dangerous anti black rhetoric 24/7 from Trump,Fox News, Newsmax, etc. these people hardly represent Jewish people at all…

Also, singling out the percentage of rich Jews in the US and pointing to that as a proof of Jewish conspiracy is laughable. There are millions of Jews throughout the world that are poor or middle class.

A lot of us are minorities who come from countries with tons of poor people, but only the most educated or well connected tend to make it to the US or other wealthier countries. For example Nigerians,Indians, and Chinese people are highly represented in lucrative fields in the US, but there are literally hundreds of millions of them worldwide that are struggling to survive.

It’d be crazy to say our parents are part of some conspiracy to take over the US, when the simple reality is that they were just the lucky ones who made it here and built successful communities through networking and cooperation. When Jews do it, it’s somehow a sinister scheme.

I know we love to shoot down, "WhatAboutIsms" but IS there a legit argument against the frustration Black Folks feel when they see people not get the level of punishment for disrespecting them as they do when other groups are harmed/disrespected?

I know some of us have already expressed that if Black Folks took themselves more seriously we would magically get that level of pull/respect. (Interesting that comment went unchecked by many in here but that is another story)

Last edited:
The people who he really running with, and who is giving him the script……kompromat is their business.

I got a theory…imma watch unfold. It’s also super obvious the timing of this.

What’s your theory Wavy?

I love the Warriors too btw 😭 (I think that was you that they said talk good about golden state lmao)

Back
Top Bottom