Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

Eh, his Adidas deal was pretty nice and as I understand it he does own certain models such as the slide under his company Mascotte holdings (sp?)

His net worth was not inflated, it was based upon the annual returns of the deal. In my opinion Kanye would have got everything he wanted if we would have exercised patience. MJ's deal I think is at 5%, Kanye was getting 15.

MJ is a brilliant business man and understands that the apparel business is tough business and that Nike did a lot of things for him as well. Kanye is an egomaniac who never acknowledged what Nike and in turn Adidas brought to the table. OF course they were making money off of you YE thats capitalism.

Kanye finessed himself!
Agree with this. Kanye won. He was worth several billion dollars. Instead of being grateful to the people that allowed him to work his way to that, he wanted to **** on them and say they deserved nothing and he deserved it all. That's the issue. He think she did all of this on his own. He's such a narcissist that he can't allow anyone else to win too. He doesn't care about the gamble that Adidas took when they signed him. He doesn't care about the Adidas staff that helped build that line. He thinks he did it all on his own and he should get all of it.

Adidas stock went up 10% today
It's up 24% today. It's CEO related, not Kanye related.

1667585166231.png

This Rapper Is More Politically Dangerous Than Kanye West​

Killer Mike cozied up with Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp and Senate candidate Herschel Walker allowing legitimacy to their campaigns with the Black community.

During a recent appearance on “Comedy Central’s Hell of a Week with Charlamagne Tha God,” Killer Mike praised Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) for “running an effective campaign.” He added Kemp “went to an all-Black boys school that’s run [sic] by a conservative Black man down in Albany, Georgia.” He couldn’t have been more proud of Kemp’s work reaching out to the Black community — despite having effectively and consistently tried to prevent them from voting.

Luckily we have the media to warn us about all these dangerous misogynistic, anti-Semitic, homophobic, criminal, etc. Black Men! :smh:

As a Black man, I feel safer walking down the street already knowing the likes of Ime Udoka, Kanye West, and Killer Mike, are being dealt with so effectively. :lol:

Thank God for the likes of Malika Andrews exposing the truth about these Black Men by bringing us content like this:

Do you think Andrews was "reaching"?

No

This was discussed in the NBA thread too. She is reading off of a teleprompter, she doesn't write the script for the show. Numerous other outlets mentioned Joe Mazzulla thing. The same day I believe Skip Bayless did it too. We live in a different time where these kind of previous behavior is taken more serious. People at upset at her for basically doing her job.

Are there legitimate criticisms to be make of media / ESPN / hyperbolics / the demonization of Black men?

Sure. Of course. Especially when it comes to the median black man.

But I think that a lot of times people make bad criticism of the media to defend the bad behavior of rich men that are black.

These are rich high profile black men doing high-profile dumb ****. Their actions are their own. Antisemitism, workplace misconduct, and cosigning someone as hostile to the material conditions of black people, is worthy of criticism. But somehow, the fight for them not to be held accountable for their actions turns into an avatar for the general black struggle. And I think it is a reach.

Most black men don't recklessly spew antisemitism, most don't commit workplace misconduct, and most don't support people like Brian Kemp. I would have a major problem if the media try to use the bad act of these dudes to make sweeping criticisms of black men generally. For the many to answer for the few. So because of that, I don't support that logic being used in the other direction. That the legit grievances of the many to be used to defend to the stupidity of the few.

Are there legitimate criticisms to be make of media / ESPN / hyperbolics / the demonization of Black men?
They haven't gone after "black men." They've gone after anti-Semitic people. Skin tone shouldn't excuse actions.

Man I just gotta say again, that Lupe clip was IMPRESSIVE. Best video I have seen in a while period, let alone regarding this Ye nonsense

We don’t get it collectively

My man, this isn't "the media." There is nothing lost in translation. There's is no media slant. You've heard it all come directly out of his mouth. You're an adult, you can make your own decision on if he was right or wrong. Now if you want to blindly back someone bc of the color of their skin, woo boy. I choose not to do that bc my race does the dumbest of the dumb **** and I'd rather not make a fool out of myself by blindly backing them. I have no issue in saying someone with my same skin tone did some dumb ****. Don't lump me in with those ignorant mf'er bc they share my skin tone. Thanks.

They haven't gone after "black men." They've gone after anti-Semitic people. Skin tone shouldn't excuse actions.

Oh word?

The media hasn't "gone after" Black men / people?

I seem to recall something about "Welfare Queens" and "Super Predators"...

Opiod "Crisis" = addicts are the victims.

Crack "Era" = addicts are the villains.

Even some B/W movie the President played over and over again at the White House called "Birth of a Nation" during reconstruction ...

But I guess you right. I'm just reaching.

The image of Black folks that the US has projected nationally & all over the globe for over 100 years isn't problematic at all.

Nothing to see here :lol:

No

This was discussed in the NBA thread too. She is reading off of a teleprompter, she doesn't write the script for the show. Numerous other outlets mentioned Joe Mazzulla thing. The same day I believe Skip Bayless did it too. We live in a different time where these kind of previous behavior is taken more serious. People at upset at her for basically doing her job.

Sure. Of course. Especially when it comes to the median black man.

But I think that a lot of times people make bad criticism of the media to defend the bad behavior of rich men that are black.

These are rich high profile black men doing high-profile dumb ****. Their actions are their own. Antisemitism, workplace misconduct, and cosigning someone as hostile to the material conditions of black people, is worthy of criticism. But somehow, the fight for them not to be held accountable for their actions turns into an avatar for the general black struggle. And I think it is a reach.

Most black men don't recklessly spew antisemitism, most don't commit workplace misconduct, and most don't support people like Brian Kemp. I would have a major problem if the media try to use the bad act of these dudes to make sweeping criticisms of black men generally. For the many to answer for the few. So because of that, I don't support that logic being used in the other direction. That the legit grievances of the many to be used to defend to the stupidity of the few.

Was Andrews reading from a teleprompter when she went at SAS? :smh:

If she's just "doing her job" that makes it even worse Fam.

As for West and his recent commentary - the question becomes where were all these calls for corporate cancellations when he said "Slavery was a choice"?

Imagine what would have happened if he said "The Holocaust was a choice" - oh wait. Never mind.

No imagination necessary.

IMHO there's a larger discussion to be had about media as a whole, and who controls these narratives / what is or is not problematic.

Edit:

We literally saw Harvey Levin try to bring Candace Owens up to defend Kanye's "slavery was a choice" foolishness but luckily Van Lathan was in the room.

Cant imagine it would go like that if West said "The Holocaust was a choice"... IJS.

Last edited:
Was Andrews reading from a teleprompter when she went at SAS? :smh:

Ummmm, yes

She was on a debate show and she had a different point of view than SAS. If you think she crossed the line, fine. But that happens all the time on SAS shows. Max Kellerman called him out a lot, guess do, Terrell Owens another black man told him a white man was more black than him, him and CJ McCollum were getting a lil spicy during the summer. SAS does it to other people

I just don't get the extra attention at Andrews for doing what she did given that kind of behavior happens all the time on the show.

If she's just "doing her job" that makes it even worse Fam.

I disagree

If you are dude that had sexual misconduct or violence against women in your past, it is gonna get brought up. These are the times we live in.

As for West and his recent commentary - the question becomes where were all these calls for corporate cancellations when he said "Slavery was a choice"?

It is fine if you think West should have faced more consequences for his previous behavior. I remember being in here raging about it

However I think one of the things that saved him is that he didn't double down as much, he apologized, the talk of mental health issues came up, and the story transitioned into talk about his beef with Drake. Furthermore touched on one of the worst anti-Jewish tropes from the jump.

There was a lot of mainstream sympathy for him. I think if he backed off after the first comment he could have salvaged this situation. It was the constant doubling down and escalating the situation that did him in.

Imagine what would have happened if he said "The Holocaust was a choice" - oh wait. Never mind.

No imagination necessary.

IMHO there's a larger discussion to be had about media as a whole, and who controls these narratives / what is or is not problematic.

Ok, maybe there is

"But Jews run the world/media" is a really idiotic place to start the conversation IMO

Obama somewhere watching this like...
whatever-shrug.gif

Farrakhan talked **** about Obama? :lol: legit asking

Even tho clip is from decades before that woulda been a possibility that would def be hypocritical. Idk at the same time Obama is a whole nother convo as far as what that was for “us” and what it could have/should have been. Idk.

My man, this isn't "the media." There is nothing lost in translation. There's is no media slant. You've heard it all come directly out of his mouth. You're an adult, you can make your own decision on if he was right or wrong. Now if you want to blindly back someone bc of the color of their skin, woo boy. I choose not to do that bc my race does the dumbest of the dumb **** and I'd rather not make a fool out of myself by blindly backing them. I have no issue in saying someone with my same skin tone did some dumb ****. Don't lump me in with those ignorant mf'er bc they share my skin tone. Thanks.

The media slant would be labeling Kyrie/Kanye as antisemites when their stances aren’t “I hate Jewish people or want to be violent against Jewish people”. But it’s a circular convo and they both have kinda conceded lol

The Malika Andrews narrative might be the absolute most comical of all of the recent Faux pro-black fused w/ red pill bull**** :lol:

Shannon Sharpe…aka “Uncle Shay Shay” went on live television with Skip Bayless and said that Mazulla taking over wasn’t a “good look” because of his past. Nobody said ANYTHING.

An exchange with Stephen A (which they do all the time) and reading the same details about Mazulla that every single last media outlet reported…and suddenly shorty is Candace Owens now :lol::smh:

Last edited:
You defend your brother r.kelly?

Anything dealing with kids or taking advantage of someone in that manner obviously shouldnt be included in that. Kyrie and Ye are nowhere near that lane though so this is odd to throw out there brother

Back
Top Bottom