KD 11

That’s why I don’t think they are testing them enough anymore. If everyday players are having stability issues how do they not catch that for Lebron. Same with the popping in KD 9s. Goes back a while for Lebron though. Which shoe was it he stopped wearing because it was too uncomfortable.

Hey you might be right, I do know that the test the shoes a lot. It's "Nike", that's what they do. I know a few employees and they give shoes to employees to test and they give their feedback.

I was a primarily a baseball player, so believe me...superstitions are the real deal.

Nike will still sell their shoes, and now their signature athlete is a two-time champ and FMVP.

I agree with both posts.

With that said, one would think that since it's his shoe he weartested it to the point that it's ready to go. But since it was the playoffs, maybe he didn't want to change up. I know Nike was mad.
They had to have been. There's no other perfect time to debut a new signature shoe than the NBA Finals where the most people are watching. He dominates in them, sweeps, wins Finals MVP, boom great start right there, then the Finals MVP pair releases. They could still make MVP 11's but it wouldn't make much sense since he still wore the X's. Now these are in the awkward position of releasing right after the NBA season is over and he didn't wear them. However judging from the first two colorways this will be a very boring shoe anyway like the 9's and X's

Especially with the way the sneaker scene is now, debuting a new sneaker is like an event in and of itself... not exactly what a lot of players would like when playing one of the most important games of their careers. It’s not exactly a distraction but also not necessary. Maybe he didn’t like doing it with the X last year

I think it comes down to him liking the X and feeling comfortable in them at the time, especially coming off of the rockets series where he had some games where he was not as efficient as usual. Changing something like shoes can make a huge difference in play to someone like him in feeling comfortable with something he has been used to for a year. The cushioning in the 11 is a vastly different animal compared to the 9 and X and maybe he just felt the time it would take to adjust to that would be better suited for the summer instead of the finals.

Where are you seeing the 23rd?
20180613_172945.jpg

Last edited:
The good ole days when everything wasn't made of flyknit and when Nike ID didn't suck. Nike basketball isn't what it used to be...

Last edited:
The good ole days when everything wasn't made of flyknit and when Nike ID didn't suck. Nike basketball isn't what it used to be...

I got to pull my Easter’s and Xmas’ and hoop in them again

If these feel like the Epic Reacts while walking, I’m picking up the Oreo pair next week... I’m conflicted because I really love the Reacts but really dislike KD! Hopefully the “KD” on the heel isn’t that noticeable

Still amazing that two colorways of the the XIs are supposed to release in the next couple of weeks and there is next to no information from Nike and they aren't up on SNKRS...

I want a pair so bad but going to pass on the first 2. Hopefully with the 11s we get some dope color ways. The best thing about the KD line was the dope colorways. The 9s and 10s were lacking.

Back
Top Bottom