KD 11

I just tried these on at Nike at the Grove in LA.

They were very easy to get on. Loosen up the laces and put your foot inside. The material is very stretchy.

I felt taller in them but the cushion was so nice. The width felt roomier then prior models too. The flyknit was super comfortable around my foot too.

The heel tab did rub and pinch a bit but I was wearing no show socks with my yeezy 500’s. I don’t hoop with no shows, so that’s not really a problem.

Finally, the containment didn’t seem like a big deal either. Now, I wasn’t running through the store but I think it’s a bit overblown. Much to do about nothing really and I saw the videos from NW’s review.

Here’s my conclusion - I was there because I was swapping my new PG 2’s for the PG 2.5’s. I bought the PG 2’s because I was negatively influenced by the reviews for the KD 11’s. I should have stuck with my gut and held onto that $40, which is the difference between the two models and just got the 11’s.

i just want to add my left ankle has been surgically repaired, I still have the plate in it. So containment issues and the potential for rolled ankle are serious for me, but I wouldn’t have any qualms playing in these.

They were very easy to get on. Loosen up the laces and put your foot inside. The material is very stretchy.

I felt taller in them but the cushion was so nice. The width felt roomier then prior models too. The flyknit was super comfortable around my foot too.

The heel tab did rub and pinch a bit but I was wearing no show socks with my yeezy 500’s. I don’t hoop with no shows, so that’s not really a problem.

Finally, the containment didn’t seem like a big deal either. Now, I wasn’t running through the store but I think it’s a bit overblown. Much to do about nothing really and I saw the videos from NW’s review.

Here’s my conclusion - I was there because I was swapping my new PG 2’s for the PG 2.5’s. I bought the PG 2’s because I was negatively influenced by the reviews for the KD 11’s. I should have stuck with my gut and held onto that $40, which is the difference between the two models and just got the 11’s.

i just want to add my left ankle has been surgically repaired, I still have the plate in it. So containment issues and the potential for rolled ankle are serious for me, but I wouldn’t have any qualms playing in these.

appreciate the quick view of the shoe, i've been thinking about it too since i don't slash or cut like a point guard...

I don't see how these could be hard to put on.

Is it anything like this

nike-air-footscape-magista-flyknit-wolf-grey.jpg
what are these?

copped on release date and they feel pretty nice. Hooped twice and don't have no real problem. Slight issue I have is that there is a gap between my ankle and shoe liner. Probably do to my skinny legs.

I returned my pair today. Gym, school, work, yet that Achilles issue was still buggin me. Shame.

For those who aren’t bothered by it, enjoy.

My playing days are over so I am more concerned about the achilles issue than anything else because, I only wear no shows in the Summer. Just wished a store nearby stocked these so I could try out.

Last edited:
:lol: At people saying the containment issue is overblown from just the store try on.

At least Run full speed and try to change direction or attempt to play ball in them. Good luck guys

Right? How many comments have I seen saying “tried on in store and the containment issue is over blown”.

How bout you guys actually lace them up and try playing ball. Coming off screens, changing direction full speed etc. For me my feet were as snug as they could be in these, no extra room in them at all and hugged my foot like a glove, the issue being my foot completely mashing the material on cuts and quick change of direction is a fact (for me personally), these were embarrassingly bad in that regard.

Tried these on today in store and they seemed very comfortable as far as the cushion goes. Not going to let the react fool me like lunarlon did. After several weeks of hooping I basically had a dead shoe cushion wise.

Did a couple of jabs and cuts but really couldn't tell anything -- need to play in them to tell. But probably won't due to react being upgraded lunarlon for the most part.

upload_2018-7-22_0-15-46.jpeg

Good read. Can’t share the article for some reason via Nike app but this “my 3 iconic KDs” was relatable.

His relationship with Leo Chang is pretty cool. Seems like they’re friends aside from working together on his sig line. And damn the 4’s are fire even still haha

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-22_0-15-46.png
    upload_2018-7-22_0-15-46.png
    907.1 KB · Views: 9
Does anyone know if this will be released in a size 12.5?

or only 12 and 13.. I have not found a 12.5 anywhere in the states yet!?

Would going up to a 13 be a bad idea for the knees?

I wear thin socks or take out insoles when I need a 12.5 vs 12

I would go 12 because I think the knit will stretch out after some time.

First impression (purely casual wear):

These...don't feel very good. Very stiff, feels like something is digging in the arch of my feet, and the PADDING on the back of the heel feels horrible on my achilles. I felt a soreness within minutes.

Yikes. Not giving up on them as it was a short wear, but damn son.

Back
Top Bottom