Kentucky to Pass Law on Drug Testing for Welfare Recipeints. Thoughts.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Originally Posted by HOVKid

If you got money for weed you don't need my tax dollars.

I am all for this law.  Should be federal legislation.  

There ya go.

And ephan is over hear talking about children don't have diapers. There's a reason they don't have diapers. They don't have parents. You got a mom and a dad, but you don't got parents. They'd rather be out there using food stamps to buy weed then put their children in diapers.

Simple as that.

I'm done.

I'm sure most of the kids who are affected by this are raised by single parents.
Your point?

My bad quoted wrong person. But on the topic on the whole "if you can buy weed you don't need my money". The most these people could be realistically be spending on bud is like 20 bucks assuming they smoke regs which they probably do because they are poor. You think they would be that much better off with that 20 bucks? Probably not.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

And how are we going to test alchololics? Isnt alcoholism high in the US. If we are going to pretend that we are a morale society we shouldn't pick and chose which drugs are okay. US needs a big drug reform.

drug tests also test for alcohol.

I went throughout outpatient therapy and the only test for alcohol was a breathalyzer. So unless you get dforesight before the test you will pass

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Should also have mandatory abortions if you can't support your own kids art the time of birth. 

I had enough of paying for this !++! already.  Yeah, I said it.

lol

okay, so which of your tax dollars went to police and repaving roads and which went to black mothers who would rather buy weed with their foodstamps than food?

its so nice to have you back, Hovkid, so very nice...

did Obama force you to cut out that extra spring getaway vacation this year?

shucks.

As I've said to you before:  Bro, take your whole check and give it to drug addicts and people that can't afford to have kids.  I promise you I won't stop you.

My problem is you tell me where my money HAS to go.

I don't care if the mothers are black (I wonder why YOU called that out), white, asian, puerto rican, indian or anything else.  You can't afford kids....we are aborting that %@%$.

It's over.

Go take your save the world crap and find someone who cares.  Clearly I don't. 

I gotta have a job and pay my mortgage.  The dude next door was too stupid to think ahead about whether he'd actually be able to pay so now  I gotta pay for his too?  The whole thing is ridiculous.  Just admit it dude. 

I don't see the government giving me credit for paying all my bills and contributing to society in a productive fashion.

Originally Posted by prymone

Originally Posted by prymone

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Its hard to see how anyone has a problem with this.

If someone is on welfare gaining liberty checks out of the tax payers pocket then clearly they shouldn't be on any type of drugs. Unless you as a tax payer want to supporting someone's drug habit, where do you think the money goes for these people who are using?

Frankly I'd rather be supporting someone along the lines of a single mother who has her act together but can't find a job.

So you rather forced them to starve? If getting off drugs was easy then there wouldn't be rehabs.
thats they fault for getting addicted
ive used hella drugs, but im not poor, im not addicted, im not on welfare, i have a great job and an apartment fridge fulla grocerys bought with my own money
drugs is not an excuse to fall off in life
people are stronger then drugs its all in your mind
and i stay wasted on the weekends
if you cant handle it dont do it

You smoked crack or meth?

no but coke, acid, x, shrooms, hella *$@%
and i still pop x a lot, and i smoke daily

So basically rich people drugs? Crack and meth are pretty much known as the most addictive drugs to take. That's why they are destroying so many communities.

And how are we going to test alchololics? Isnt alcoholism high in the US. If we are going to pretend that we are a morale society we shouldn't pick and chose which drugs are okay. US needs a big drug reform.

I went throughout outpatient therapy and the only test for alcohol was a breathalyzer. So unless you get dforesight before the test you will pass
if you are a true alcoholic, you arent passing any test.

How about we just get rid of welfare all together?

laugh.gif
at forced abortions if you can't support the child. That is pretty damn genius. I love it.

Should also have mandatory abortions if you can't support your own kids art the time of birth. 

I had enough of paying for this !++! already.  Yeah, I said it.

lol

okay, so which of your tax dollars went to police and repaving roads and which went to black mothers who would rather buy weed with their foodstamps than food?

its so nice to have you back, Hovkid, so very nice...

did Obama force you to cut out that extra spring getaway vacation this year?

shucks.

at least some poor people ate!

And ephan is over hear talking about children don't have diapers. There's a reason they don't have diapers. They don't have parents. You got a mom and a dad, but you don't got parents.
lol, this is the last time im even acknowledging you dude...

you right, they don't have parents.....

you did tho, so %*%$ them, right?

right.

lol @ no section 8 place doesnt have plumbing, and if it doesnt, its because criminals ripped it up

bro, if you don't consider yourself at least bigoted.......

laugh.gif

by, the way, i know your superior suburban-educated, never-had-to-get-a-hand-out-because-you-had-mommy-and-daddy ASSUMED i meant section 8 when i said "some parts of the US don't have plumbing"

i was talking about the rural south...mostly WHITE AMERICANS...

you know, who the white upperclass calls "appalacean"?

laugh.gif

but nah, we know your mind went RIGHT to the single black mother in section 8 rolling up her marijuana she bought with food stamps and her in-and-out drug dealing thug boyfriend who broke the pipe in the hallway to show white america how thug he is....

roll.gif

%%+#!%! morons, forreal.

either you're

a.) stupid as %*%$

b.) young as %*%$

c.) bigoted as %*%$

you pick.  

People don't kick back in the projects? I could tell you never been to the projects, cause while most don't kick back, a lot do.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

THE PROJECTS, WHERE FATS CATS GO TO COUNT THEIR GOVERNMENT EBT DOLLARS AND KICK BACK AND RELAX

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ROLLING IN THE DOUGH

RELAXING

FEET UP
You support people smoking weed on tax payer money when there kids are starving.

..and then you have the nerve to call me white upper class suburban.

But I'm stupid, young and bigoted? 

Like i said previoulsy, I don't give a damn if your black, white, yellow or red. You receive assistance and do dumb +##! with it, then $*## you.

id forreal physically slap like three of you dudes in this post....

thats the realest thing ive said on NT...

laugh.gif

Like TeamJordan said, you really are a woman. Getting HIGHLY emotional over an internet discussion. Very sad.

Lol ok so your don't think a lot of alcoholics can't wait a couple hours to drink?

I gotta have a job and pay my mortgage. 

I don't see the government giving me credit for paying all my bills and contributing to society in a productive fashion.

but thats cause youre a rich doctor living in a nice house, tho

you dont GOTTA have a job, Hovkid, according to you, there are RIDICULOUS amounts of people who don't GOTTA have a job, and they're living on easy street like fat cats off YOUR labor....

how about this, Hovkid, instead of ME donating my barely above the poverty line EDUCATIONAL AIDE "salary"

how about YOU give EVERYTHING away, and QUIT your profession, and get on WELFARE since its such a glamorous lifestyle where you get to kick your feet back and relax all day, everyday

if its such a sweet deal they've got going on, why arent you rushing to get on welfare, bro?

please, i would like to know how much you enjoy kicking your feet up and relaxing on section 8, feeding your kid with WIC vouchers...

i mean, since you guys have such a deep understanding of what its like that you feel empathy is silly...

tell me how that goes for you

eyes.gif

I aint never seen you be positive a day in my life. The hell you want credit for?
Unless of course you consider unnecessary luxuries some sort of positive contribution to society.

Nice to have you back though.

Originally Posted by TENnAHALF

How about we just get rid of welfare all together?

laugh.gif
at forced abortions if you can't support the child. That is pretty damn genius. I love it.

Boom.....another one in my camp. 

I'm telling you, this #%%+ is gonna be great.   First we conquer the sneaker boards, and then we are on to Washington DC........

Lol ok so your don't think a lot of alcoholics can't wait a couple hours to drink?
alcoholics cant wake up and function without drinking. not exactly sure what you are talking about here.

I gotta have a job and pay my mortgage. 

but thats cause youre a rich doctor living in a nice house, tho

you dont GOTTA have a job, Hovkid, according to you, there are RIDICULOUS amounts of people who don't GOTTA have a job, and they're living on easy street like fat cats off YOUR labor....

how about this, Hovkid, instead of ME donating my barely above the poverty line EDUCATIONAL AIDE "salary"

how about YOU give EVERYTHING away, and QUIT your profession, and get on WELFARE since its such a glamorous lifestyle where you get to kick your feet back and relax all day, everyday

if its such a sweet deal they've got going on, why arent you rushing to get on welfare, bro?

please, i would like to know how much you enjoy kicking your feet up and relaxing on section 8, feeding your kid with WIC vouchers...

i mean, since you guys have such a deep understanding of what its like that you feel empathy is silly...

tell me how that goes for you

eyes.gif

I'm not saying they are living easy.  I'm saying I had enough of paying for them not being able to make it when I am expected to.  And I'm not a doctor.

I also like how you quickly move the conversation around from you giving up YOUR money to "help" these people.  Pretty slick bro.

Originally Posted by Diego

I aint never seen you be positive a day in my life. The hell you want credit for?
Unless of course you consider unnecessary luxuries some sort of positive contribution to society.

Nice to have you back though.

Oh, jesus......they are all coming to the rescue in this thread.

My positive contribution is that I pay my taxes and my bills and don't take handouts from the government.

Someone needs help....Diego and eNPHAN to the rescue....but they are not giving up all THEIR money to help
roll.gif

Good to see you guys.  Everyone on here still into fat chicks too?

HovKid is right though. What happen to awarding those who actually do well in life and contribute positively to society? We have to come to the mindset where we must help the unfortunate and give them a "helping hand" because they're so deprived of all the opportunities of getting an education (oh wait, public schools are free) and getting a job (albeit minimum wage, which I'm also highly against, but that's a whole other story). We promote laziness with hand outs and government aid. If we cut all this people either get their act together or just die and fall off the face of the earth, which works out for the better both ways. 

Originally Posted by Budweiser

id forreal physically slap like three of you dudes in this post....

thats the realest thing ive said on NT...

laugh.gif

Like TeamJordan said, you really are a woman. Getting HIGHLY emotional over an internet discussion. Very sad.

i shouldn't have acknowledged you.

but since i did, i will say this.

you're on the "id slap the @#%$ out of you" list too...

im not "highly upset" over an "internet discussion"

im highly annoyed at "HAVE" americans %!#%@!*$ on "HAVE NOT" americans for things that were out of their power...

im highly annoyed at dudes coming in here spewing this suburban sheltered #$$+%$#! out, actually trynna style on people who make like 12k a year...

not everyone is fortunate as even the common NTer...to have access to a computer everyday....

i have empathy for people in situations more desperate than mine

yall seem to have contempt for them....

if Hovkid could tell it, he's PERSONALLY responsible for feeding entire orphanages worth of colorless poor people too lazy to feed theirselves

hey, i got an even kookier idea for you guys,

YOU COULD GO TO A COUNTRY WHERE THEY LET THE POOR DIE OUT IN THE STREETS AND YOU CAN KEEP ALL YOUR PRECIOUS MONEY THAT YOU SPEND ON #$$+%$#! LIKE 9 DOLLAR FIJI WATER WHILE YOUR FELLOW HUMAN ROTS ALIVE IN THE STREET...

just step over them lazy people, bro

becoming a fan of deigo, i am.

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by casekicks

My wife works for our county's DJFS and she has to deal with people on welfare all day..And after hearing the stories about how so many people she deals with each day are obviously loaded when the walk thru the door, I wholeheartedly agree with this plan to drug test for benefits..Anyone who thinks this law is a violation of privacy/civil rights or is racist needs to go work at the welfare office for a month and then tell me if you feel the same way..Handing out welfare benefits left and right to people who dont deserve it or have to do anything to get them has got to stop..This country needs to start holding people more accountable for their own lives instead of relying on a handout from the goverment..

I've heard the exact same rationale for a cop's racism. Just saying.

I don't buy that this legislation has the abuser's best interest in mind.  Sorry, I just don't.  You think these laws will help anyone seek out help for their abuses? Please!  This will only drive them further away.  If poverty is a driving force behind the stress that causes addiction, isn't making them poorer the wrong approach to 'get them off drugs?'  If you believe that at least part of the intent behind the legislation is to help the addicted you are being fed a false intention.  If they are trying to help the afflicted, why not make treatment more readily available?  Why not make that an option instead of ostracizing them and deeming them unfit to be helped by the state?  Instead we drive them away to more crime. Personally I think treatment would cause people with drug addictions to be much more sustainable and employable!
I think it's pretty clear that this isn't in the best interest of the abuser. Let's be real. The guy that pushed this through is a Republican from Kentucky. This is to save the tax payers money. Period. Only time will tell how this is going to work out.
And do you really think an addict on welfare is going to just decide they will go to treatment if it's available? There may be a couple but not many. 

One thing we can definitely agree on is crime. Because a junkie is going to get their fix one way or another.
Ok, fair enough.  I think it is worth a try though.  I mean if cutting them out of the loop is so easy, isn't offering to actually help worth a shot?  The people for this legislation seemingly have the ability to talk in absolutes.  I'm not saying offering treatment will ABSOLUTELY fix addiction.  I am just saying it is a hell of a lot easier than giving up on them, which is what this proposal is suggesting. 

Also, it isn't by coincidence that this law parallels the Republican belief that those who receive welfare don't want to work and are lazy!

Here is a list of groups who are opposed to such legislation:

American Civil Liberties Union
American Public Health Association
National Association of Social Workers
National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs
Center for Addiction and Mental Health
National Health Law Project
National Association on Alcohol, Drugs and Disability
National Advocates for Pregnant Women
National Black Women’s Health Project
Legal Action Center
National Welfare Rights Union
Youth Law Center
Juvenile Law Center
National Coalition for Child Protection Reform.

Originally Posted by TENnAHALF

HovKid is right though. What happen to awarding those who actually do well in life and contribute positively to society? We have to come to the mindset where we must help the unfortunate and give them a "helping hand" because they're so deprived of all the opportunities of getting an education (oh wait, public schools are free) and getting a job (albeit minimum wage, which I'm also highly against, but that's a whole other story). We promote laziness with hand outs and government aid. If we cut all this people either get their act together or just die and fall off the face of the earth, which works out for the better both ways. 

Being in the position to be able to give is the best reward my friend.

alcoholics cant wake up and function without drinking. not exactly sure what you are talking about here.

Depends on what your opinion on what an alcoholic is defined as but the amount of time drugs are in your system varies from drug to drug. You can have a person who smokes weed monthly fail a drug test but a a dude who does coke weekly or drinks daily will pass.

Back
Top Bottom