Kevin Samuels Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Body shaming for over a decade :smh: @dangerousg
1619493251556.png

Not to thier faces though.

Man what? He spitting nothing but facts out here when it comes to unrealistic expectations women have about what they want v what they bring. I’ll accept two criticisms regarding Kevin.

1. he is mean, albeit necessary for the views but he goes over the top at times at the expense of callers

2. He is all over the place with monetary definitions,some times he will say a hv man makes 150k, others 10k per month, 100k, all the way up to 300k. He does elaborate that it is location specific but still unless you in NY or SF you don’t need to make 300k to support a family

Im not referring to what he saying in reference to humbling women. He is putting them in check as far as their expectations and standards. I understand all of that. Im talking about the method in which he does it. Im black... been around black women all my life.. and the reason he's able to get away with some of the disrespectful things he says is because he is sassy and they prolly expect him to be homosexual. Black women always take criticism better from they gay male friends.

I sat there and watched kevin samuels repeat "dont over talk me, dont over talk me" and "im not one of your lil friends boo" meanwhile not allowing women to explain that they left relationships because of abuse or infidelity. He wants women to not overtalk him meanwhile he wont even let them explain themselves while he asks questions and often moves the goal posts by talking about weight, kids, and previous situations that women have been in. Every dude in here know a girl thats got kids from another dude wit a successful relationship. Kevin samuels hurt bruh.

Im not referring to what he saying in reference to humbling women. He is putting them in check as far as their expectations and standards. I understand all of that. Im talking about the method in which he does it. Im black... been around black women all my life.. and the reason he's able to get away with some of the disrespectful things he says is because he is sassy and they prolly expect him to be homosexual. Black women always take criticism better from they gay male friends.

I sat there and watched kevin samuels repeat "dont over talk me, dont over talk me" and "im not one of your lil friends boo" meanwhile not allowing women to explain that they left relationships because of abuse or infidelity. He wants women to not overtalk him meanwhile he wont even let them explain themselves while he asks questions and often moves the goal posts by talking about weight, kids, and previous situations that women have been in. Every dude in here know a girl thats got kids from another dude wit a successful relationship. Kevin samuels hurt bruh.

= "Tone Response"
debate.png

Agree to disagree, he wouldn't get views if he talked to guests in a professional manner imo

Agree to disagree, he wouldn't get views if he talked to guests in a professional manner imo

IMHO he's meeting the callers where they are.

As the old saying goes..."Gotta put it where the goats can get it" b/w "If you cant stand the heat"

One minute we love "straight shooters" and "tellin it like it is" but as soon as the message doesn't comport with our previously conceived notions its "he aint have to say it like that" and "who listens to a man wearing Chelsea boots?".

His content is in line with "The King has no clothes" for me.

Basically speaking truth to power.

For far too long the Black Man's image has been in the hands of everyone else but the Black Man as it relates to relationships.

Well, except this guy:

madea-prequel-series-mabel.jpg

I only have three people on ignore on this site, and basically it is because they are non Black, and they echo a racist, and incredibly misogynist tone, while also being homophobic. Why would they participate on a thread where Black relationships are being discussed?

P Present You do not take issue with Samuels having a westernized view on what is considered attractive in women? He seems to have this notion of digging Black women, but not too Black, nah' mean?

I do understand that those who are calling in are a part of the act, but is his message truly about upliftment, especially while discussing imagery and living while Black?

Last edited:
P Present You do not take issue with Samuels having a westernized view on what is considered attractive in women? He seems to have this notion of digging Black women, but not too Black, nah' mean?

I do understand that those who are calling in are a part of the act, but is his message truly about upliftment, especially while discussing imagery and living while Black?

What's his views on that? I've seen him compliment sistahs with strong black features. He puts Rhianna above Beyonce and she has more black features.

In all honesty I don't know how to answer the question of a "Westernized view on what is considered attractive".

What I do know is Black Women are overweight and its a real problem:
  • African American women have the highest rates of obesity or being overweight compared to other groups in the United States. About 4 out of 5 African American women are overweight or obese.
  • In 2018, non-Hispanic blacks were 1.3 times more likely to be obese as compared to non-Hispanic whites.
  • In 2018, African American women were 50 percent more likely to be obese than non-Hispanic white women.
  • From 2013-2016, non-Hispanic black females were 2.3 times more likely to be overweight as compared to non-Hispanic white females.
  • People who are overweight are more likely to suffer from high blood pressure, high levels of blood fats, diabetes and LDL cholesterol – all risk factors for heart disease and stroke.1
  • In 2018, African Americans were 20 percent less likely to engage in active physical activity as compared to non-Hispanic whites

This is in line with what I've seen with my own eyes, all around me, on a daily basis, and its SAD, because NOBODY can tell them ANYTHING!

I have two aunts (from my Fathers's side) on dialysis right now! Neither of them can walk on their own nor can they go to the bathroom for themselves.

Nobody could tell them nothing either.

Meanwhile my Mother instilled in me healthy food choices and a healthy lifestyle. I still remember going for walks with my Mom.

My Aunts never really messed with my Mom like that. Claimed she thought she was "too good" for my Dad's side of the family.

Fast forward to today and these same Aunts are calling my Mom for rides to dialysis.

My Mom still walks / goes to the local YMCA to exercise (well before COVID she did).

Some of us are professional goal post movers when it comes to accountability and responsibility but aint no real love in that.

The Truth is the truth and facts are facts.

You cant tell me you love me and lie to me at the same time.

Worked in an office full of Black women and any time a slim, well put together, athletic woman was hired these oversized older women would make it pure hell for them.

"Why you on a diet? You already skinny"

"My Man likes me with some meat on my bones"

"Ohhhhh Child you need to eat!"

"All you eat is Salad?"

...and it got worse when the slim / in shape women left the break room.

"I bet she did XYZ to get this job"

Brutal!!!

Matter of fact my friend that I spoke of a few pages back was a high school / college track star. VERY in shape. These were the same women that tried to diss her for not celebrating Mothers Day.

Took every chance they had to tear her down.

Last edited:
I still think the weight thing is tricky because black women carry their weight different than other groups women. A black woman that's 160 is built way better than a white chick that's 160. Now yeah it is some Lizzo built or close to that that are delusional but they are a lot of thick thigh/wagon draggin/flat stomach sistahs that by definition would be obese but again the weight is in different places than another race of women.

What's his views on that? I've seen him compliment sistahs with strong black features. He puts Rhianna above Beyonce and she has more black features.
Well, we should all know that full figured women are not shamed on the African continent as Samuels does on his show. We also know that marriage does not hold the same reward for women in countries that are not of abrahamic belief.

In many traditions on the continent, it is the MAN who leaves his family, in order to join in union with the family and woman he is marrying. In western culture, it is the woman who leaves her family, in order to join the man and his family.

Another thing is neither Beyonce nor Rhianna while both beautiful, completely represent the African diaspora as per Beyonce's magnum opus Black is King.

I'd love to hear where he rates a Lupita Nyong'o, or other sisters blessed with that wealth of melanin

In all honesty I don't know how to answer the question of a "Westernized view on what is considered attractive".

What I do know is Black Women are overweight and its a real problem:
  • African American women have the highest rates of obesity or being overweight compared to other groups in the United States. About 4 out of 5 African American women are overweight or obese.
  • In 2018, non-Hispanic blacks were 1.3 times more likely to be obese as compared to non-Hispanic whites.
  • In 2018, African American women were 50 percent more likely to be obese than non-Hispanic white women.
  • From 2013-2016, non-Hispanic black females were 2.3 times more likely to be overweight as compared to non-Hispanic white females.
  • People who are overweight are more likely to suffer from high blood pressure, high levels of blood fats, diabetes and LDL cholesterol – all risk factors for heart disease and stroke.1
  • In 2018, African Americans were 20 percent less likely to engage in active physical activity as compared to non-Hispanic whites

This is in line with what I've seen with my own eyes, all around me, on a daily basis, and its SAD, because NOBODY can tell them ANYTHING!

I have two aunts (from my Fathers's side) on dialysis right now! Neither of them can walk on their own nor can they go to the bathroom for themselves.

Nobody could tell them nothing either.

Meanwhile my Mother instilled in me healthy food choices and a healthy lifestyle. I still remember going for walks with my Mom.

My Aunts never really messed with my Mom like that. Claimed she thought she was "too good" for my Dad's side of the family.

Fast forward to today and these same Aunts are calling my Mom for rides to dialysis.

My Mom is in her 80's and STILL goes to the local YMCA to exercise ( well before COVID she did).

Some of us are professional goal post movers when it comes to accountability and responsibility but aint no real love in that.

The Truth is the truth and facts are facts.

You cant tell me you love me and lie to me at the same time.
There is something called a healthy fat, one where both men and women can appear to be overweight, yet still be healthy in regard to blood pressure, sugar, and overall cardiovascular and fantastic metabolic health.

People who are healthy in this manner, would become sick if they tried to attain the norms set through western society, BMI, of which is nothing but a sham.

I am not talking about those who are considered morbidly obese here, those who are not able to be mobile, then in danger in regard to their metabolic heath.

However, in regard to Samuels and his ratings system, I addressed such to Max up above.

Dark skinned women, women with locs, sisters directly from the continent and THEIR own standard of beauty. Samuels whole thing is directly from Madison Avenue.

I find that imagery that he projects, to be quite antagonistic to Black empowerment...if that is what his about in regard to the Black family.

You cannot embrace that of the devil, if you want to be free of the devil.

Yea, I would say Rhianna is shaped in a way that isn't too offensive of a black body that someone white would "tolerate." She has a shape but she has that SLIM thickness. She isn't the type that walks into a room and makes white people question their human existence. She isn't the type that would make a white girl double guess their femininity.

Her being a 10 does say something now that KHUFU KHUFU brings it up.

Reactions: ASE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom