Kevin Samuels Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say all of that. There isn’t really an issue as this thread doesn’t really have a consistent direction. I was just letting Based Jesus know the current state of affairs.
Whatever anyone else says really does not matter. Here is the REAL issue, one that nobody cared to address..

• For every black woman who reports rape, at least 15 black women do not report.
  • One in four black girls will be sexually abused before the age of 18.
  • One in five black women are survivors of rape.
  • Thirty-five percent of black women experienced some form of contact sexual violence during their lifetime.
  • Forty to sixty percent of black women report being subjected to coercive sexual contact by age 18.
  • Seventeen percent of black women experienced sexual violence other than rape by an intimate partner during their lifetime.
The Institute for Women’s Policy Research reports that:

• More than 20 percent of black women are raped during their lifetimes — a higher share than among women overall.
  • Black women were two and a half times more likely to be murdered by men than their white counterparts. And, more than 9 in 10 black female victims knew their killers.
  • Black women also experience significantly higher rates of psychological abuse — including humiliation, insults, name-calling and coercive control — than do women over all.
The struggle to protect black girls and women remains. Unfortunately, black women remain vulnerable to sexual violence due to what we call intersectionality, the systematic oppression black women experience based upon their race and gender. These institutionalized practices and policies prevent their equitable enforcement. Because of what is known as the “Strong Black Woman” archetype (Beauboeuf-Lafontant, 2009), the dangerous single story told about black women that uplifts their strength, perseverance and survival and minimizes their emotional well-being, tenderness and humanity, black women are rarely protected.

This is the real issue, and I have posted this before to crickets. But these dudes would rather ignore the plight of Black women, then stating that they are being unrealistic.

The Woketep/YouTubian Wars Begin As Dr. Umar Johnson Calls Out Kevin Samuels

Late night Twitter was ablaze after videos surfaced of Dr. Umar Johnson and Kevin Samuels engaged in a bit of “respectability beef.”

For reasons that have yet to be disseminated through our third eyes, Dr. Umar delivered an “Earth, Wind & Fire”-sized thunderclap directed at Samuels’ practice of antagonizing Black women and the men like him who champion the same. Referring to them as the “Dirty Dozen of Division,” Dr. Umar went on Instagram Live to air out his transgressions.

Considered a “YouTubian Opportunist,” Samuels, Johnson says, is profiting from and dedicated to “slandering and criticizing Black women who don’t emulate Eurocentric standards of beauty and success.”

This is going to get ugly. It could have been productive, but both have issues with misogyny.

So if both things can be true, is it possible that while appearing to be an ally to women, that you can be harmful by telling what they want to hear as opposed to the truth?
Again, I listen to women, lending an ear. I do not tell Black women what they should want. The whole point is to lend an ear. That is all. If Samuels did as such., without asking them if there were fat? Telling them to lower their standards? His reception by those who criticize him would be different.
I was not having a conversation about said topics with you. I simply reiterated the same thing I said to you before and I'll say it again, telling women lies to appear to be an ally is a terrible thing. It's deceptive and behavior of that of a creep.
I agree, it is cheap and low. We see baptist ministers do it all the time with their flock. We saw the catholic church do it with young boys.

However, there is NOTHING wrong with listening to those who simply need someone to listen to them.

Black women are wonderful, and they have done a great job at carrying the Black family, and should be lauded for doing such, not bashed and then told to settle.

Who was the guy that had a drone company consisting of a plastic table and a dodge durango?
Used to tell tall tales about smashing princesses while playing ball abroad and killing people for the US government.
Elderwatsondiggs
He was type of guy that is intellectual, cool, successful, ambitious, going places in life, not bad looking, respectful, protective, strong when needed, sensitive when needed, expressive, self-confident, and can deal with adversity and come out on top anyway.

He was a man that embodied High Value and could teach the folks in this thread a thing or two. He’d probably school Kevin Samuels too tbh.

He was type of guy that is intellectual, cool, successful, ambitious, going places in life, not bad looking, respectful, protective, strong when needed, sensitive when needed, expressive, self-confident, and can deal with adversity and come out on top anyway.

He was a man that embodied High Value and could teach the folks in this thread a thing or two. He’d probably school Kevin Samuels too tbh.
You forgot the most important thing. The fluidity of his hips. Completely unmatched.

Wow. This thread. It’s lit and it’s from all the smoke going back and forth.

I have no idea what’s going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom