Kevin Samuels Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ya’ll look up to and prop up the WRONG people. Stop listening to these type of fools.

A LYING A****** WHITE WOMAN GOT EMMITT TILL MUTILATED AND KILLED...

Show me a black man in a America who could accomplish something of that sort. Please show me. Dudes are becoming straight sissies out here. Chance is a clown

Watch out for men who try to bash other men, just to make themselves seem different/better. All men got the same intentions out here in this world.... I’m really starting to understand that a lot of men quietly want to be women. That’s why their acting so crazy out here.

Show me a black man in a America who could accomplish something of that sort. Please show me.

I am not sure you are referencing her actual claim.

Her claim is Black Men and White Women are allowed to be both oppressors while being oppressed.

The claim isn't addressing specific acts of oppression between Black Men and White Women.

Maternity leave is like what 3 months? Not enough for me and I’m good on child care.

I also don’t want my parents and parents in law have to be in constant need to take care of my child. Don’t want to put that responsibility on them

Yea I understand all this but like it was mentioned earlier, you gotta have significant income to feed 3+ mouthes while only one of you are working.

But I hear you on the child-care concerns. I do.

Ya’ll look up to and prop up the WRONG people. Stop listening to these type of fools.

Show me a black man in a America who could accomplish something of that sort. Please show me. Dudes are becoming straight sissies out here. Chance is a clown

Watch out for men who try to bash other men, just to make themselves seem different/better. All men got the same intentions out here in this world.... I’m really starting to understand that a lot of men quietly want to be women. That’s why their acting so crazy out here.
OJ Simpson.

White women have more status than a black man in this country. They can spew whatever lies they want and get away with it. Not certain where madness is coming from. Its as almost if they want to turn the black man and women against one another and some yall are falling for it.
White women do indeed have more pull than that of Black men, due to the victim play. But facts are facts, intersectionality plays a large part in how that power is used against Black women, of whom are deemed powerless in many regards against Black men. Crimes against Black women are vastly under reported, and prosecuted.

tomdiginson tomdiginson
Yes, white women are higher on the Social Credit totem pole than Black men. Again, that isn't the point/argument.

I think the point of that article and the quote from Hooks is to make black men aware of their actions in holding up patriarchy the same way we want white folks to be aware of ways in which they uphold white supremacy.

Nothing more.
Nothing less.

Brownstone Brownstone

If you are open to it, read this article.

Full transparency.

When the article first came out, I thought the concept was ridiculous. So when I read it, I wasn't open to receive the message.

I'm in a different headspace now due to many things in life so I completely understand why any man feels it is a reach.

But many of us are living foul man.

There are no women in this space so I am not putting on a show to appear to be an ally. I ain't even that type of dude.

Black men have nothing to do with women of any kinds oppression yet alone black women. Black men also don’t live with privilege smh. What privileges do I as a black man have over women? What privileges does a black man have over blank women...?

if you wanna say we have privileges over black women, that’s fine. But exploit and oppress? Nah, that’s where it stops. Oppression is systematic control and we have no kind of power, and have never had that kind of power to oppress our women. Even if we can be sexist, we don’t have the opportunity to use that to sway society in our favor over our women. The fact that we’re immune to sexism, means that it’s a privilege for us. Doesn’t make us oppressors.

Full transparency.

When the article first came out, I thought the concept was ridiculous. So when I read it, I wasn't open to receive the message.

I'm in a different headspace now due to many things in life so I completely understand why any man feels it is a reach.

But many of us are living foul man.

There are no women in this space so I am not putting on a show to appear to be an ally. I ain't even that type of dude.

I agree Black men do oppress black women. But throwing black men in the same conversation with white women is where I get lost.

if you wanna say we have privileges over black women, that’s fine. But exploit and oppress? Nah, that’s where it stops. Oppression is systematic control and we have no kind of power, and have never had that kind of power to oppress our women.
It’s done through law under the guise of religion then marriage.

I agree Black men do oppress black women. But throwing black men in the same conversation with white women is where I get lost.
The comparison simply states Black Men and White Women are allowed to move in and out of being oppressed to oppressing.

That is all.

It is not saying black men are as socially valued as white women.

It is not saying white women are AS systematically oppressed as black men.

The comparison simply states Black Men and White Women are allowed to move in and out of being oppressed to oppressing.

White men and black women wouldn't qualify because:

White men are ALWAYS oppressing.

Blackwomen are always oppressed.

This is just dealing with race/gender.

I just drew this Round Robin Race/Gender tournament up, it might be a better representation than just seeing the text above.

That is why the comparison is being made. Again, it doesn't speak on the degree/severity in which they oppress and/or are oppressed.

White men ALWAYS come out on Top.
Back women ALWAYS come out at the tail end.

White Women and Black Men are the only ones that outcomes depend on WHO they are being compared to. (Conditional oppression / oppressing)

1615041948639.png

Chance is a clown

Nobody is propping up to and/or listening to Chance.

Chance simply retweeted the excerpt. He had nothing to do with the actual content.

Nothing more.

But I agree, some dudes are, "Look at me, I am an Ally to the Womens" and those dudes should get the side eye.

The same way I look twice at White Folks that are ALWAYS talking about they are in our corner. (See Michael Rappaport's Twitter Account).

Claim:

"Black men oppress Black women in the United States."

I'll just leave this here for clarification...

Oppression
noun
  1. prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or control.
  2. unjust or cruel exercise of authority or power
the state of being subject to unjust treatment or control.

mental pressure or distress.

Are any of the claimants here able to provide support for such claims or are we Ok with leaving it as an opinion with no merit?

Last edited:
Claim:

"Black men oppress Black women in the United States."

I'll just leave this here for clarification...

Oppression
noun
  1. prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or control.
  2. unjust or cruel exercise of authority or power
the state of being subject to unjust treatment or control.

mental pressure or distress.

Are any of the claimants here able to provide support for such claims or are we Ok with leaving it as an opinion with no merit?

There were plenty of examples listed in the Very SMart Brothas article. Whether or not you agree with them is what this boils down to.

Did you read the full article?

There were plenty of examples listed in the Very SMart Brothas article. Whether or not you agree with them is what this boils down to.

Did you read the full article?

Yes. Just did it again.

So where are the actual examples?

Again, the claim is "Black men oppress Black women in the United States".

One cant make such an inflammatory claim and then only provide an Op Ed as support.

In order to oppress we must have power.

Ex: Personal bias is just human.

What we care about is institutionalized racism and its impact on our lives.

That impact can be measured via any number of metrics from the Justice System to Loan Applications.

I'm seeking equal levels of evidence to support the claim that "Black men oppress Black Women in the United States".

Bell Hooks is an amazing author and has contributed a great deal of her life to causes she believes in.

I will not be one to diss her.

She is entitled to her opinion and world view.

The only point I'm making is in order for her opinions to be elevated to fact...there must be analysis scrutiny and proof.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom