Knee Pain!!!!! Vol. I need some outside answer before the doctor visit

Hey fellow NTers. I have some questions about knee pain/problems. Well im having a hard time bending my knee. I have had enough spells of where it feels as if your knee just buckles and gives out that I've lost count. Just regular walking hurts, and i have constant pain in the dead center and upper right side of my knee. Anyone here experienced this and what did you find out and go thru as far as medicine, recovery surgery etc. I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow but just seeking some advice/info/tips from someone who may have gone through this before. Any answers/info is greatly appreciated. I'm worried i may have torn something and will require surgery which in turn take me off my job and puts me on disability (which sucks ***)

Hey fellow NTers. I have some questions about knee pain/problems. Well im having a hard time bending my knee. I have had enough spells of where it feels as if your knee just buckles and gives out that I've lost count. Just regular walking hurts, and i have constant pain in the dead center and upper right side of my knee. Anyone here experienced this and what did you find out and go thru as far as medicine, recovery surgery etc. I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow but just seeking some advice/info/tips from someone who may have gone through this before. Any answers/info is greatly appreciated. I'm worried i may have torn something and will require surgery which in turn take me off my job and puts me on disability (which sucks ***)

when did this pain come about, and what were you doing when the pain soon started? do you think you would be able to squat like a duck a walk? look up apleys compression test and tell me if that would be painful for you.

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

My outside answer is that I would consult a doctor.

going to the Doc office tomorrow. Just wanted to see if any Nters could shed light on this thats all

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

My outside answer is that I would consult a doctor.

going to the Doc office tomorrow. Just wanted to see if any Nters could shed light on this thats all

when did this pain come about, and what were you doing when the pain soon started? do you think you would be able to squat like a duck a walk? look up apleys compression test and tell me if that would be painful for you.

Originally Posted by djkaos23

Almost forgot to add that my knee feels warm/hot. Does this mean anything?
Yes. You should probably ice it up, as your knee is most likely experiencing some swelling.

I've had knee problems in the past before, so I might be able to help... But how did you hurt your knee in the first place?

Almost forgot to add that my knee feels warm/hot. Does this mean anything?
Yes. You should probably ice it up, as your knee is most likely experiencing some swelling.

I've had knee problems in the past before, so I might be able to help... But how did you hurt your knee in the first place?

I have the same problems, do you feel sharp pains in the center of your knee at times as well? You probably have tendonitis/jumpers knee.

I consulted a few years ago when I was in highschool. Doc told me take motrin, ice my knees twice a day (5-10 minutes) and since I was in basketball and cross country, he told me to never wear a shoe repeatedly and to have a rotation.

I have the same problems, do you feel sharp pains in the center of your knee at times as well? You probably have tendonitis/jumpers knee.

I consulted a few years ago when I was in highschool. Doc told me take motrin, ice my knees twice a day (5-10 minutes) and since I was in basketball and cross country, he told me to never wear a shoe repeatedly and to have a rotation.

The fact that your knee is buckling/giving out might mean its more than just tendonitis or something like that. Did you suffer some trauma to your knee recently, like a hyperextension? Or did this pain just start based on normal activity? I ask because I've both had tendonitis in my knees and torn a knee ligament. When I had tendonitis, I just experienced aching pain. Only when I (partially) tore my ACL, did I feel my knee become unstable and buckle. Either way, seeing a doctor is the right thing to do.

The fact that your knee is buckling/giving out might mean its more than just tendonitis or something like that. Did you suffer some trauma to your knee recently, like a hyperextension? Or did this pain just start based on normal activity? I ask because I've both had tendonitis in my knees and torn a knee ligament. When I had tendonitis, I just experienced aching pain. Only when I (partially) tore my ACL, did I feel my knee become unstable and buckle. Either way, seeing a doctor is the right thing to do.

Sounds like a possible meniscal tear (usually hurts with flexion, aka while walking or attempting to bend ur knee), warmth is from inflammation, avoid a total meniscectomy if possible as that will make u more prone to osteoarthritis further down the road, a meniscal repair has a tougher rehab but assuming you're young it'd be better long term

Sounds like a possible meniscal tear (usually hurts with flexion, aka while walking or attempting to bend ur knee), warmth is from inflammation, avoid a total meniscectomy if possible as that will make u more prone to osteoarthritis further down the road, a meniscal repair has a tougher rehab but assuming you're young it'd be better long term

jointforce_101028.png

youre welcome OP

how old are you ? arthritis ? you play sports ? bball ? jumpers knee ? does it look like fluid buildup ? maybe you need to drain the liquid in your knee

Back
Top Bottom