KOBE HAS NO RIVAL?????

And also its extremely hard to predict how those dudes would do in the triangle, a very structured offense.

Especially A.I. who played a very wild shoot whenever from wherever type game.

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by Lubu1

Originally Posted by Johndaeyun

Tracy McGrady would have been the rival for kobe if not for the injuries. 

If I recall, Tracy fried Kobe the majority of the time from their meets....
That version of Kobe (00-04) wasn't even that good though... Kobe became a much better player after that, while TMac really never improved. Shaq was so dominant VC, TMac or AI would have three-peated with him in the paint... starting off your career with a three ring cushion damn near off the bat was a nice luxury to have for Kobe...

100% Truth.  Kobe was pretty much replaceable during that stretch as long as Shaq was in the mix because Shaq was just that good and dominant during that run.  Kobe was lucky to be on Shaq's team.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

That version of Kobe (00-04) wasn't even that good though... Kobe became a much better player after that, while TMac really never improved. Shaq was so dominant VC, TMac or AI would have three-peated with him in the paint... starting off your career with a three ring cushion damn near off the bat was a nice luxury to have for Kobe...

100% Truth.  Kobe was pretty much replaceable during that stretch as long as Shaq was in the mix because Shaq was just that good and dominant during that run.  Kobe was lucky to be on Shaq's team.

Keep believing that. 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Vince Carter was never on Kobes level, all he could do is score points for a sorry team and dunk, he also lacked heart.

Allen Iverson was a more selfish player than even Kobe, he was also a very undisciplined player.

McGrady probably couldve came close but he didnt have Kobes disclipine, therefore him and Shaq wouldve underacheived.
Vince came in to the league ready to go, he's always been a great passer and physically one of the stronger 2 guards to ever do it... NBA players used to say he was one of the most difficult players in the league to go up against, ya'll try to downplay dudes career so much on here
laugh.gif

AI was the only scoring option in Philly, if he played with Shaq he would have shot much more efficiently...

McGrady was doing what Durant is doing now and passing much better... you gotta be kidding
laugh.gif

Correct, with a TERRIBLE supporting cast. Just terrible. Can anybody name Tracy's side kick during the Orlando years(dont count Grant cause he was barely playing).  AI, Vince, Mcgrady, Gilbert,and Allen were Kobe's Shooting Guard Rivals. Everybody will agree when I say in terms of Championships, Kobe's got them beat, but those names were GREAT AND IN THEIR PRIME AND BEAT KOBE IN 1 ON 1 SITIUATIONS THE MAJORITY OF THE time.

We really gonna open that can of worms again? They were both lucky to have each other. Kobe had many dominant games and was always the closer. We gonna act like Kobe didn't have a bunch of 40-50pt games? It was 1a and 1b. And Tmac never really 'fried' Kobe...honestly no one did, consistently. A game here and there, but thats everyone. Back then if someone stopped Kobe for one or two games, they'd be the new Kobe stopper. How did that work out for those guys? lol.
The hate for Kobe was extremely strong on here 10-12 years ago, but he was respected. AI was the obvious fan favorite, along with Tmac and Vince, but you can't downplay what Kobe was doing. Every year it was Kobe vs ? as who is the best sg or best player in the game. The fact is Kobe was always in the conversation, year after year. To say he is a replaceable player is putting him on the level of Fisher or Fox. You can't simple replace a player and expect the same results on the team, it doesn't work like that. 

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Vince Carter was never on Kobes level, all he could do is score points for a sorry team and dunk, he also lacked heart.

Allen Iverson was a more selfish player than even Kobe, he was also a very undisciplined player.

McGrady probably couldve came close but he didnt have Kobes disclipine, therefore him and Shaq wouldve underacheived.

Iverson played with the card he was dealt. Remember 05-06 Kobe? You know the one with the scrubs as his group? Put A.I. in that situation and they got to the finals. A.I played the majority of his prime years with scrubs and still was great. Stop undercrediting past players just cause they aren't as good as they used to be. ITs not fair.

Originally Posted by presequel

We really gonna open that can of worms again? They were both lucky to have each other. Kobe had many dominant games and was always the closer. We gonna act like Kobe didn't have a bunch of 40-50pt games? It was 1a and 1b. And Tmac never really 'fried' Kobe...honestly no one did, consistently. A game here and there, but thats everyone. Back then if someone stopped Kobe for one or two games, they'd be the new Kobe stopper. How did that work out for those guys? lol.
The hate for Kobe was extremely strong on here 10-12 years ago, but he was respected. AI was the obvious fan favorite, along with Tmac and Vince, but you can't downplay what Kobe was doing. Every year it was Kobe vs ? as who is the best sg or best player in the game. The fact is Kobe was always in the conversation, year after year. To say he is a replaceable player is putting him on the level of Fisher or Fox. You can't simple replace a player and expect the same results on the team, it doesn't work like that. 
You can try to revise history as much as you want but Kobe was not head and shoulder's above AI, VC and TMac until after Shaq left... after that Kobe went stupid hard in the gym, added the three point range and his footwork vastly improved... go watch Tayshaun lock him up in the finals, dude just didn't have the type of game he has now... I am a firm believer the guys mentioned could have provided what he did during the three-peat (it's not like I'm saying Larry Hughes, Doug Christie or Rip Hamilton)

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Keep believing that. 
roll.gif

I sure will.

They were both lucky to have each other. Kobe had many dominant games and was
always the closer. We gonna act like Kobe didn't have a bunch of 40-50pt games?
It was 1a and 1b.

LOL @ they were both lucky to have each other.  Shaq was the dominant force and player during that run, period.  Talking about a 1a and 1b situation..., either way even with that example you provided, one player is ranked higher or better than the other.  There's Batman, and then there's Robin.  Shaq averaged more points, won a regular season MVP tropy, and won 3 Finals MVP trophies while Kobe did nothing of the sort.  Kobe was a great player during that stretch but it was clear for anyone with vision that Shaq led that team and carried that team more than anyone else.  Remember, there can only be ONE.

To say he is a replaceable player is putting him on the level of Fisher or Fox.

Meaning I was agreeing with the quote that some believe that Kobe was replacable with Vince, T-Mac, or A.I. during those years. 

Keep believing that. 
roll.gif

I sure will.

They were both lucky to have each other. Kobe had many dominant games and was
always the closer. We gonna act like Kobe didn't have a bunch of 40-50pt games?
It was 1a and 1b.

LOL @ they were both lucky to have each other.  Shaq was the dominant force and player during that run, period.  Talking about a 1a and 1b situation..., either way even with that example you provided, one player is ranked higher or better than the other.  There's Batman, and then there's Robin.  Shaq averaged more points, won a regular season MVP tropy, and won 3 Finals MVP trophies while Kobe did nothing of the sort.  Kobe was a great player during that stretch but it was clear for anyone with vision that Shaq led that team and carried that team more than anyone else.  Remember, there can only be ONE.

To say he is a replaceable player is putting him on the level of Fisher or Fox.

Meaning I was agreeing with the quote that some believe that Kobe was replacable with Vince, T-Mac, or A.I. during those years. 

blah_blah_blah.gif

He might not have had a Larry Bird to his Magic... But his durability and consistency over his peers has proven why he's the greatest to lace them up since MJ

He might not have had a Larry Bird to his Magic... But his durability and consistency over his peers has proven why he's the greatest to lace them up
since MJ

He's the greatest copycat to lace them up since MJ.............I'll give him that much.

He might not have had a Larry Bird to his Magic... But his durability and consistency over his peers has proven why he's the greatest to lace them up
since MJ

He's the greatest copycat to lace them up since MJ.............I'll give him that much.
You really expect anyone to take your comments serious when you're an obvious Kobe hater?
You must be steaming right now seeing Kobe kill the heat. 
laugh.gif

since MJ

Copycat > Original LeBron, Vince, AI, TMac, etc....
16 years in the league and still dominating 
sick.gif

Why don't other players copycat MJ, etc? 
laugh.gif

since MJ

You really expect anyone to take your comments serious when you're an obvious Kobe hater?
laugh.gif

Nah, it's good to see the Lakers are back to form.  Has Kobe not copied the blueprint MJ laid out for him??

No doubt about that, Kobe is a great player.  I would hope nobody would take that about from him. 

laugh.gif

Some people just want to be themselves.  While others even after being in the league for 16 years and dominating still don't know who and or what they are.

laugh.gif

Nah, it's good to see the Lakers are back to form.  Has Kobe not copied the blueprint MJ laid out for him??

No doubt about that, Kobe is a great player.  I would hope nobody would take that about from him. 

laugh.gif

Some people just want to be themselves.  While others even after being in the league for 16 years and dominating still don't know who and or what they are.

It has to suck to despise and obsess over someone like Kobe huh.

Why, when you go to work, wouldn't you want to emulate one of the greatest ever? I know I do...

since MJ

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Dude seriously? The reason people don't copy cat MJ is because they want to be their own man? Such a ridiculous argument. Other people don't do it because they can't! How come people don't say the same $!%$ about McGrady in his prime? Was he a copy cat too? That argument is so ridiculous.

It has to suck to despise and obsess over someone like Kobe huh.

Says the guy that said this on behalf of Kobe's defense.................

"Wade is a dirty prick and I hope he suffers a devastating injury as payback to what he did to Kobe and Rondo"...............
roll.gif

How you perform in any given job is purely down to skill vs choice, the main thing that Kobe has in common with MJ is, guess what? His WORK ETHIC!TMac, VC, Dwade all shared the same god given talent and athletic ability (even more so) as Kobe, but Kobe WORKS as hard as MJ did,Plain and simple

how exactly do you copy someone else ?

you mean if you make a fadeaway jumper and then i make one too that mean i'm copying you ? hahhaa

Deuce King wrote:0cks wrote:Lubu1 wrote:If I recall, Tracy fried Kobe the majority of the time from their meets....That version of Kobe (00-04) wasn't even that good though... Kobe became a much better player after that, while TMac really never improved. Shaq was so dominant VC, TMac or AI would have three-peated with him in the paint... starting off your career with a three ring cushion damn near off the bat was a nice luxury to have for Kobe... 100% Truth.  Kobe was pretty much replaceable during that stretch as long as Shaq was in the mix because Shaq was just that good and dominant during that run. Kobe was lucky to be on Shaq's team.

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Deuce King wrote:0cks wrote:Lubu1 wrote:If I recall, Tracy fried Kobe the majority of the time from their meets....That version of Kobe (00-04) wasn't even that good though... Kobe became a much better player after that, while TMac really never improved. Shaq was so dominant VC, TMac or AI would have three-peated with him in the paint... starting off your career with a three ring cushion damn near off the bat was a nice luxury to have for Kobe... 100% Truth.� Kobe was pretty much replaceable during that stretch as long as Shaq was in the mix because Shaq was just that good and dominant during that run.� Kobe was lucky to be on Shaq's team.

kobeandshaq_580x435.jpg

Everybody cant' be Batman, somebody has to be Robin.

Back
Top Bottom