KOBE HAS NO RIVAL?????

Shaq needed Kobe more than Kobe needed Shaq

dudes forget that Kobe almost damn near got to the finals with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroSan

dudes forget that Kobe almost damn near got to the finals with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker
laugh.gif

WHEN WAS THIS?!?!

WAS I IN A COMA FOR A YEAR?
laugh.gif

I dont think anybody has a real rival anymore. I mean there is Russy/Rose and CP3/D-Will and so on, but its not the same. Those guys are pretty much friends and don't want to beat the crap out of each other to show who is the best.

I think this is what Barkley and the other old guys are talking about when they say the league is soft and everybody is too friendly.

Kobe completely outplayed Wade today, no question about it. Wade just didn't show up. And yes, Kobe doesn't have a rival. Better yet, how many players in the league even have a rival?

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Kobe completely outplayed Wade today, no question about it. Wade just didn't show up. And yes, Kobe doesn't have a rival. Better yet, how many players in the league even have a rival?

QFT

Rivals went out with Magic and Larry.  If players today had rivals, I doubt the media would have to stir up the pot to try to create them.

Yeah D king is just ridiculous, there's no point even arguing with him because this isn't a Kobe is or isn't great thread, its just bringing up a valid question but for record, I think his closest rival is probably Lebron even though they have the age difference...They both have been the best players in the league for the past 5 or so years although they have never met in the playoffs which makes rivalries

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

laugh.gif

WHEN WAS THIS?!?!

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That's what I'm saying. 

really 1 28 ptn game shaq average almost 40 ptns tat series...clearly shaq carried tat team

Originally Posted by jonwin

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

laugh.gif

WHEN WAS THIS?!?!

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That's what I'm saying. 

i wouldn't go as far as saying almost made the finals BUT had kwame brown got an easy rebound then tim thomas doesn't make the biggest shot of his career and the Lakers are playing the Clippers in the 2nd round and I like their chances in that series.

that was the season Kobe dominated the Mavs as well and while I doubt that Laker team could've beat the Mavs, i swear if kwame gets that rebound they for sure make the conference finals in 06

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Kobe has no rivals.. his rivals are already retired.. playing for legacy now.

Pretty much...

Came to say Paul Pierce though.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Deuce King wrote:0cks wrote:Lubu1 wrote:If I recall, Tracy fried Kobe the majority of the time from their meets....That version of Kobe (00-04) wasn't even that good though... Kobe became a much better player after that, while TMac really never improved. Shaq was so dominant VC, TMac or AI would have three-peated with him in the paint... starting off your career with a three ring cushion damn near off the bat was a nice luxury to have for Kobe... 100% Truth.� Kobe was pretty much replaceable during that stretch as long as Shaq was in the mix because Shaq was just that good and dominant during that run.� Kobe was lucky to be on Shaq's team.

� �

��

kobeandshaq_580x435.jpg

Everybody cant' be Batman, somebody has to be Robin.
��
But Shaq was "SuperMan" though... So that made Kobe... Batman... Right? 
nerd.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Kobe has no rivals? Yeah, he would've been able to talk and bark, and walk. It's sad that no matter what he might've done, he was plagued by a few mistakes and these mistakes were enough to taint this guy. Had he not ran into legal problems, gotten a tattoo, and divorced, KOBE would've been able to maintain himself and craft his own name.

It's a shame, because someone like him had everything going. He was the cleanest cut guy, the baddest, the greatest but he messed up and sooner or later, KOBE will realize he is a pushover and this will be very difficult for him to accept.

What the hell are you rambling about?

But Shaq was "SuperMan" though... So that made Kobe... Batman... Right?�
nerd.gif
wink.gif

Shaq was Superman, Batman, and the HNIC.  Kobe was Robin, the Vice Principal, and as Timberland said in referring to Scott Storch when working with Dr. Dre........."just the piano man".

Back
Top Bottom