KOBE HAS NO RIVAL?????

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Meaning a smart player or good scorer at the time, which Kobe was of course would simply have to rotate over to where Shaq was so Shaq could kick it out to the side where the double team was to for that open player to have a better scoring opportunity.

Kobe just as DOMINANT as Shaq in that three peat??  We've reached an all-time low here on the boards with that statement and it's all thanks to you champ.

I think people forget about the playoff run (not finals, but playoffs) Kobe and Shaq were killing during the playoff run against the west bigs(2000-2002). It's just when the Lakers got to the finals they face "NO BIGS" so Shaq REALLY had a chance to kill. The Lakers finals for that 3 year run wasn't actually the finals, was the West Conf. of those years, that was the real test. Those finals were somewhat of a cake walk. 4-2, 4-1 and 4-0.

I already answered this point earlier regarding the defensive attacks that Shaq faced versus the ones that Kobe faced.  Shaq was often double teamed, and Kobe was not.  Also, if we really want to get a good look at things, lets look at which player between the two really got either of those three peat teams in the playoffs to begin with and got them ranked as high as the seed they were at. Which player between the two was awarded an MVP trophy during their tenure, so on and so forth.   

they were both dominant in different ways.
Shaq was unguardable in the paint, but he couldn't be given the ball in the clutch because of his free throws

Kobe was dominant as a closer, and as a defender.  He was an AMAZING on-the-ball defender, and he would get a ton of weakside blocks and steals.  People have seemingly forgot about Kobe in his prime.

As a closer, Kobe was the guy who would win the game in the 4th quarters.  He did it over and over and over again against the Spurs, Kings, Blazers, Pacers, Sixers, and Nets
When you put it like that, a case can be made for Kobe being dominant
eyes.gif
, however between the two which is what this comparison was about to begin with Shaq was way more dominant overall than Kobe. 

SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT DUDE?!?!

We all know Shaq was the most dominant center in ages, we all know you hate Kobe and will go as far as you can to discredit him.

Shaq couldn't have done it without Kobe and Kobe couldn't have done it without Shaq... basketball is a team game... The only stat that matters for great players is championships.

we all know you hate Kobe and will go as far as you can to discredit him

Dude you wished great harm upon Wade for that hard foul he gave to Kobe during the all-star game, don't use the word "hate" to describe my comments about Kobe.  The nerve of some of you !%*!@% in here, the absolute nerve, SMH.

Shaq couldn't have done it without Kobe

I don't agree with this point of view, but it yours so more power to you.

Kobe couldn't have done it without Shaq

Now this much we definitely agree with you on.  Glad we could finally find some middle ground for us to both stand on.

we all know you hate Kobe and will go as far as you can to discredit him

Dude you wished great harm upon Wade for that hard foul he gave to Kobe during the all-star game, don't use the word "hate" to describe my comments about Kobe.  The nerve of some of you !%*!@% in here, the absolute nerve, SMH.

Shaq couldn't have done it without Kobe

I don't agree with this point of view, but it yours so more power to you.

Kobe couldn't have done it without Shaq

Now this much we definitely agree with you on.  Glad we could finally find some middle ground for us to both stand on.

For one, Kobe has gotten more championships than Shaq apart from each other.... sooo what u talkin bout willis?

Secondly, you fail to state that I mentioned Andrew Bynum, Rondo, and Kobe all together in one post about Wade's dirtiness, but obviously you only mention Kobe to make your point sound better.
laugh.gif

This is the last response you get from me, but I'm glad to know you spend so much time thinking about Kobe, he must be doing something right... I don't even know who you're a fan of because you spend so much time on here talking about the Black Mamba.

ZswoD.gif

Kobe was never double- teamed
eek.gif
So he never gave Shaq any easy buckets or Alley-oops to make his shots easier???

For one, Kobe has gotten more championships than Shaq apart from each other.... sooo what u talkin bout willis?

That's not saying much.  If anything while they were together who won more MVP trophies and who was the Finals MVP for their three-peat??  Answer, not Robin.

Secondly, you fail to state that I mentioned Andrew Bynum, Rondo, and Kobe all together in one post about Wade's dirtiness, but obviously you only mention Kobe to make your point sound better
..........and you still wished great harm upon Wade either way, when none of the players that you just mentioned wished those same things upon "dirty Wade" as you did.  That makes you a groupie either way. 

This is the last response you get from me
Good, one less %!@!$ to worry about.

he must be doing something right

Too bad he wasn't doing something right on a certain night in Colorado....................

kobe_crying_at_rape_press_conference1_display_image.jpg

eek.gif

Did somebody in here say Kobe was never double teamed?? 

it's still crazy to me how the mavs & lakers dodged each other for a decade up until last year.

That's not saying much.  If anything while they were together who won more MVP trophies and who was the Finals MVP for their three-peat??  Answer, not Robin.

Secondly, you fail to state that I mentioned Andrew Bynum, Rondo, and Kobe all together in one post about Wade's dirtiness, but obviously you only mention Kobe to make your point sound better
..........and you still wished great harm upon Wade either way, when none of the players that you just mentioned wished those same things upon "dirty Wade" as you did.  That makes you a groupie either way. 

This is the last response you get from me
Good, one less %!@!$ to worry about.

he must be doing something right

Too bad he wasn't doing something right on a certain night in Colorado....................

kobe_crying_at_rape_press_conference1_display_image.jpg

eek.gif

Did somebody in here say Kobe was never double teamed?? 

shaq.jpg

Crazy how Kobe left all those dudes we grew up watching in the dust...the last one left.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

But Shaq was "SuperMan" though... So that made Kobe... Batman... Right?�
nerd.gif
wink.gif
Shaq was Superman, Batman, and the HNIC.  Kobe was Robin, the Vice Principal, and as Timberland said in referring to Scott Storch when working with Dr. Dre........."just the piano man".
but without kobe, shaq would have only 1 ring.. and if you look at it like that.. shaq would never win anything without a star guard, penny, kobe wade.

What you mean without Kobe? If Kobe wasn't there or couldn't get it done with Shaq they would've traded him for any of the other elite wing players in the league during that time.

I hate when ppl want to alter history simply by removing something instead of considering the aftereffects of what's being removed. One monkey don't stop no show.

^ Exactly.

Anyone thinking Shaq from 2000-2003 doesn't at least get one title regardless of if Kobe is his sidekick or not is blind. And that is no knock on Kobe.

Now, would Shaq have won with just that Lakers roster minus Kobe? No, of course not. But that would never have been the case.

Originally Posted by gllahone84

Crazy how Kobe left all those dudes we grew up watching in the dust...the last one left.
Kobe is true to the best era in basketball which was before his time.  He studied it and walked it out in his own career.  That is the difference between him and his contemporaries.  Could they have been as great as the other all-time greats?  Maybe but the discipline to go with the love of the game is what set Jordan, Magic, Bird, and others apart.  Kobe is a part of that and we may only see Derek Rose and Durant as the current players that may join him. 

Too many other things matter to this new generation, priorities are not in check, loyaltys are weak, and making sure they are recognized not just by what they do on the court is always on their minds. 
Magic was told he had HIV during a time when all was scared because few were educated on the disease.  Yet, he still found a way back to play.  Larry Bird has such a back back he played through it a lot of times until he could barely stand.  Jordan came back again being so competitive saying *bleep* his legacy to simply spark a fire on the Washington Wizards players.  Also he wanted to go at Tmac when he was killing, Pierce, Kobe, AI, and others. 

Love, dedication, and a competitive edge that the 70's, 80's, and 90's had may be gone once Kobe, KG, Duncan, Pierce, Ray Allen, and Dirk retire.  A sad day it will be.

Never will be a kobe fan but if there's ONE thing I respect about him, it's his "longevity."  To be able to jump from one era to the next is pretty commendable.  Same with Pierce and Dirk.  

Deuce is ridiculous. Why even bring up Colorado tho?
laugh.gif

I hate when people bring up something completely irrelevant to a discussion to try to prove their point but it makes no sense whatsoever.

It's like saying, "Jordan made great decisions on the court but he didn't make a great decision when he married his wife because she later divorced him and took $165 milli from his bank account."
indifferent.gif
like what the #+!! does that have to do with Jordan being a great player. Just plain nonsensical.

Back
Top Bottom