Kobe, LeBron and Jordan read Vol. Not fair

Originally Posted by tomislav

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Jordan created good defense? Jordan created good low post play? Sticking his tongue has nothing to do with anything. And what does "patent"-ing something have anything to do how good you are? Does Iverson's cross make him the best player of all time? Does Dwight Howards two handed slam make him a HOFer?

Umm, yeah, Jordan played (I don't know who said "created") great, not good defense.

In fact, he's easily one of the top 3 defensive guards ever to play.

And since you totally missed my point, because you're probably slow, let me slow it down for you.

After.........6.........years.......in........the.....league.........what.........is.........Lebrons.............signature.........move.

Just asking.

Why? Because he doesn't have any. He plays bland basketball, feeding off his steroid infested 280 pound body that he uses to bulldoze in the lane, and with refs always giving him the benefit of the doubt. And acting blind on crab dribbles.

That's why.
So...averaging a near triple-double means nothing unless you have a move that kids can try to recreate in a park?

I'm sorry, but that is a miserable point.

Yup, that's what I remember anyway. Jordan and the Bulls were underdogs plenty of times against Magic and Larry. I vaguely remember whent he bull knocked the Celtics out of the playoffs. Larry thought he had it won cause he had his big men down there bangin the whole game. Jordan went in
pimp.gif

i dont remember the bulls ever knocking the celtics out of the playoffs...i remember him dropping 69?...or something like that and when the bullsfaced the Lakers in '91 theres no way the we were the favorites with the injuries we had and the bulls did have the homecourt

anyways its unfair when ppl say kobe or Lebron or whoever are trying to be like mike...hell most of these guys after watching basketball go to the park and dowhat they saw mike just did...i know i went outside after watching magic or mike play i tried to copy their moves...key word TRIED to
laugh.gif
...but the point is everyone emulates the best players in the world...why dontyou wanna be like the greatest out there?...its just a shame how these guys get knocked for it

Originally Posted by XAleXShaneX

So...averaging a near triple-double means nothing unless you have a move that kids can try to recreate in a park?
I'm sorry, but that is a miserable point

I'm not impressed with his numbers because how can someone NOT average triple double when he

- has 280 pounds
- when he gets every single benefit of the doubt call
- when no one is allowed to touch him after he's in the paint
- when EVERY position of the Cavs goes in his hands

He plays with slaves basically. Cavs are better of in games when he doesnt score 40. Because in order for him to score 40 nobody can see the ball

Not Mo, not anyone.

And 20 free throws a game is something that's becoming more and more casual for him.

I !*@! on that basketball.

PS - aint NO WAY that he's ever gonna play with some "superstar sidekick". He's too !$*@*% selfish, self centered, he wouldn't stand ithaving to share the spotlight with anyone but himself.

That's why his teammates are perfect. Nobodies that know how to shoot.

Originally Posted by XAleXShaneX

I'm sorry, but that is a miserable point

I'm not impressed with his numbers because how can someone NOT average triple double when he

- has 280 pounds
- when he gets every single benefit of the doubt call
- when no one is allowed to touch him after he's in the paint
- when EVERY position of the Cavs goes in his hands

He plays with slaves basically. Cavs are better of in games when he doesnt score 40. Because in order for him to score 40 nobody can see the ball

Not Mo, not anyone.

And 20 free throws a game is something that's becoming more and more casual for him.

I !*@! on that basketball.

PS - aint NO WAY that he's ever gonna play with some "superstar sidekick". He's too !$*@*% selfish, self centered, he wouldn't stand it having to share the spotlight with anyone but himself.

That's why his teammates are perfect. Nobodies that know how to shoot.
I think it's unfair to immediately give other players a head start because he was blessed with athletic ability and a large physique. If youthink that Jordan was on an even playing field athletically with the players he was playing against, you are wrong. Arguably, the only player that was notathletically blessed and managed to succeed was Larry Bird. Every possession goes through him because he is the star of the team, there's a reason he isaveraging 7+ assists a game.

I have to go but i'll continue this later. sorry i couldn't respond to everything.

Jordan had the advantage of having a great body control and leap.

James is 6'8 and 280, yet he never fails to lie about his weight, and even NBA.com still has him listed at 250, which is a blatant lie.

OK - answer me this.

If you watch the games, but really watch them, on some real fan @$%% not on some superficial bandwagon crap - you noticed that;

- Lebron always gets back to halfcourt before he goes on a layup

why?

Because he knows that he isnt THAT fast from standstill, so he gets far back, nobody will guard him there of course, and he takes a RUN from basically 30 feetfrom the hoop

By the time he gets to the paint he's already runnin fast and then if he TOUCHES someone - which is INEVITABLE since there are defensive players playing##+$++# DEFENSE - he's bound to knock someone over.

And

EVERY TIME he hits someone and the guy falls on his back - he gets free throws.

Offensive foul, anyone? No? I thought so.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Tim Duncan won 4 titles post MJ as a #1 option without a 2nd HOF or top 50 player (3 if you include David Robinson)

Timmy doesn't get NEARLY enough love as he should
laugh.gif

I think this was the time when nobody even cared to watch the NBA Finals. Duncan brought boring back to the NBA and as a result the league had an all-time lowin viewership. That, by itself, should disqualify him from getting any love.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

I think this was the time when nobody even cared to watch the NBA Finals. Duncan brought boring back to the NBA and as a result the league had an all-time low in viewership. That, by itself, should disqualify him from getting any love.

Wow, if only there was an power outage in 100 miles radius where ever you are for the rest of your life.

People like you don't deserve to watch basketball.

Great article....

Didnt sense any bias/hate just a good look at the LEGEND these guys are constantly compared to...

HOPEFULLY, we can appreciate these guys because we might not see this GREATNESS for a whle...

AT LEAST KEEP COMPARISONS TO WITHIN THE GENERATIONS A PLAYER PLAYS IN.......

I need someone to explain this to me

When you say Jordan you see his "patented";

- cut to the top of the paint jumpshot
- perfect fadeaway
- cradle dunk
- tongue out
- fanatic defense
- great low post play

What the hell is a signature play of James?

Lowering his shoulder, charging into the lane and getting automatically 2 free throws? Or - dribbling in place, not being able to beat the defender from the standstill, and then pulling up for a shot?

Seriously - what's the "LeBron" move, move that his fan could do at the basketball park after watching the game?

crab dribble - it works b/c refs let him.
the dunk - you know his one hand dunk he does
hang time lay up - he does that and1 lay up quite often, aka game winning lay up against the wizards

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

I need someone to explain this to me

When you say Jordan you see his "patented";

- cut to the top of the paint jumpshot
- perfect fadeaway
- cradle dunk
- tongue out
- fanatic defense
- great low post play

What the hell is a signature play of James?

Lowering his shoulder, charging into the lane and getting automatically 2 free throws? Or - dribbling in place, not being able to beat the defender from the standstill, and then pulling up for a shot?

Seriously - what's the "LeBron" move, move that his fan could do at the basketball park after watching the game?

crab dribble - it works b/c refs let him.
the dunk - you know his one hand dunk he does
hang time lay up - he does that and1 lay up quite often, aka game winning lay up against the wizards

Don't forget the aptly named "chase down," where he runs down the opponents fast break and block the shot. They say it's a good play evenwhen it's a foul or a goaltend.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

I think this was the time when nobody even cared to watch the NBA Finals. Duncan brought boring back to the NBA and as a result the league had an all-time low in viewership. That, by itself, should disqualify him from getting any love.

Wow, if only there was an power outage in 100 miles radius where ever you are for the rest of your life.

People like you don't deserve to watch basketball.
I kinda agree with Gameover,but I do think those Spurs teams was pretty great.The knock against them was it was after AJ/AB(After Jordan/AfterBulls) Era and the NBA didn't properly phase out that era due to the Lockout and not planning for it.Even I though I continued to watch and support,youhave to admit the first part of this decade was pretty gloomy.

So I understand to a certain degree why David Stern and Nike/ESPN/etc is pushing this heavy even though it is not that genuine.

At the end of the day we all have to leave the Jordan Era alone,including Mike himself...

Originally Posted by RFX45

Don't forget the aptly named "chase down," where he runs down the opponents fast break and block the shot. They say it's a good play even when it's a foul or a goaltend.

LOL yeah that one too

"Chase down"

It's so fukkin idiotic for me who's been watchin NBA game for almost 2 decades to be "witnessing" (no pun) these days of such INTENSE hyping,and over-saturation of certain players.

Crab dribble is the most blatant crap I've EVER seen that the refs put up with.

His "chase down" blocks against Orlando were mostly goaltendings.

And then they've done a segment on his "chase down", with Kenny Smith salivating over it like baby over ice cream, and they show the block wherehe literally SMACKED Richardson on a dunk attempt

It's so sad...kinda makes me not watch but I can't stop it's just something I grew up with and I can't let it go.

Therefore I pray for Orlando Denver Finals.

And you know what's also ridiculous?

Hahahha we all seen how MEDIOCRE his defense against Orlando is. NOWHERE near runner up for DPOY Award. Nowhere near.

But Kenny the James scrotum hanger Smith always finds a good reason for it.

So they coined the term

"LEBRON ROAMS ON DEFENSE"

LMMFAO as if other NBA players STICK STRICTLY to one man and one man only. Get the **$% outta here.

tomislav is speaking the truth in this thread word up. Watch Lebron play, watch Kobe play, and watch Jordan play.

Lebron is not close to the latter two that were mentioned. Not Close.

He makes a good point about MJ's titles being without the kind of players other great teams had. I mean, Pippen and Rodman were no slouches but still.

Kobe and LeBron will be measured by earlier teams' success and it really isn't fair because A) those earlier teams were better teams playing in a waybetter time period and B) no one can expect these two to carry their teams like that.

Back
Top Bottom