kyrie irving + anta basketball

Yea you were guaranteed a pair 😆 flex harder, we are listening
I wish I could post the sketchbook leading to the Kai. I took pics but as soon as I posted on IG I got a call from Anta to pull it. Sat with Kyrie’s stepmom/manager for 30 minutes talking about Dallas and the love from the city and how much his own family loved it here.

I wish I could post the sketchbook leading to the Kai. I took pics but as soon as I posted on IG I got a call from Anta to pull it. Sat with Kyrie’s stepmom/manager for 30 minutes talking about Dallas and the love from the city and how much his own family loved it here.
More flex please

seeing is that they don't make 11.5...would any of you recommend going up or down half a size in these?

Who said they don’t make 11.5? They had some at the release. But, I would go up half.
yeah they didn’t make em in 11.5 unfortunately. ANTA usually doesn’t. no half sizes past 11

edit: sorry i meant when they went up online on the ANTA site, 11.5 wasn’t even an option to choose

It's so funny to me how people (generally) criticize Nike for artificial scarcity. Limiting things just to limit it. Why are there 323 pairs only. It's dumb. I mean it's not dumb because I know what they're going for, but it's dumb for people who are outside of that demographic they're marketing to with this whole "only a few people can have it" strategy. For the people who love the hype, loving having something be "limited" that only they can have, this must be great news and gets them excited.

yeah they didn’t make em in 11.5 unfortunately. ANTA usually doesn’t. no half sizes past 11

edit: sorry i meant when they went up online on the ANTA site, 11.5 wasn’t even an option to choose
Oh dang - I did t see it online, just at the store. They told me at first they didn’t have half sizes. I asked if I should go up or down half and they said up. Then when I got to the front I saw the guy beside me get a 9.5 and 10.5. I stayed with the 11 (half up) and they work great - just like a Nike kyrie.

Yea this limited shhh need to go, especially on debut models
Yeah, I’m already losing interest. I only wanted to buy them because it’s Kyrie. The logo is sick, better than Nike, but the shoes themselves are fugly. Already with the hype beast and limited release stuff on the first two releases? I’m good. I’ll buy a hoodie or shirt with his logo and keep it moving. Not to mention the colorways have been whack

IMG_4196.jpeg

Are we just gonna not act like the prototype wasn’t way better looking?

And the rounded outsole looks more homage Nike Kyrie esque than the ugly ramen noodle crap we got.

The model in general and the color ways so far have been absolute trash. The logo is by far superior to the Nike one but the rest is Doodoo.

I think I’m out on the shoes, plus with the intentional, limited supply on a debut shoe?

I’m just gonna get a shirt and a hoodie and call it a day.

IMG_4196.jpeg

And the rounded outsole looks more homage Nike Kyrie esque than the ugly ramen noodle crap we got.

The model in general and the color ways so far have been absolute trash. The logo is by far superior to the Nike one but the rest is Doodoo.

I think I’m out on the shoes, plus with the intentional, limited supply on a debut shoe?

Wow those are way different...maybe the cushion setup in the prototype is what he prefers and they are working on getting it in his Kai 1

Those look nothing like the released pair, not even 1 similarity. Doubt it’s a prototype but rather a completely different model.

IMG_4196.jpeg

Model is trash? Have you tried them? Seen them in hand? Or just mad because they aren’t readily available? Serious question - do you not like them for real or because you don’t have them and want them?

Model is trash? Have you tried them? Seen them in hand? Or just mad because they aren’t readily available? Serious question - do you not like them for real or because you don’t have them and want them?
Agree or disagree, it’s his opinion. He’s allowed to think and state he thinks they are trash. I like them, but think this rollout strategy is poor and going to backfire. Selling shoes while you can seems to be working for adidas right now with the AE1. No limited editions, just a great affordable shoe that’s available and moving in good numbers. Kind of reminds me of how the Nike kyrie line started.

Agree or disagree, it’s his opinion. He’s allowed to think and state he thinks they are trash. I like them, but think this rollout strategy is poor and going to backfire. Selling shoes while you can seems to be working for adidas right now with the AE1. No limited editions, just a great affordable shoe that’s available and moving in good numbers. Kind of reminds me of how the Nike kyrie line started.
And I’m allowed to ask I him why. If they had produced 100,000 of these and they didn’t sell then we would all be seeing “these are bricks, kyrie messed up, Anta sucks”. I’m not happy they are limiting the next colorway either but I’m not calling them trash because I can’t get them.

Last edited:
And I’m allowed to ask I him why. If they had produced 100,000 of these and they didn’t sell then we would all be seeing “these are bricks, kyrie messed up, Anta sucks”. I’m not happy they are limiting the next colorway either but I’m not calling them trash because I can’t get them.

In every thread you'll see one person calling the shoe trash.

It happens, unfortunately or should I say fortunately most don't actually know what trash is.

In every thread you'll see one person calling the shoe trash.

It happens, unfortunately or should I say fortunately most don't actually know what trash is.
Oh yeah - it’s the nature of sneaker social media.

I thought the model was garbage looking before I tried getting them. Chinese basketball brands shoes are ugly as hell. Hideously over designed. Way of Wade included. Even if they perform well-ish.

I’m not mad they’re not readily available. It’s par for the course with manufactured hype of sneakers now a days from all brands. It doesn’t make it any less stupid on a businesses part and especially so in the case of a Kyrie shoe with a company like Anta. One who has no market share in the States. And this is your opportunity to make a splash. And prior it was a company that no one could give less a damn about and finally got an athlete that could move some product and they idiotically make it deliberately low numbers for the first two releases.

It’s dumb.

And this isn’t a way for you to need for you to feel like you should slither in another opportunity to flex that you know someone on the design team (no one cares) or that you got a pair (no one cares) …

You should want everyone to get a pair if they want one. I was going to buy them because I am a massive fan of Kyrie. Always thought the shoe looked hideous. Thought the prototypes we’ve seen in drawings and in real life looked better. And the initial colorway and many of the subsequent colorways haven’t looked good either. Yes, my opinion. And you’re entitled to yours. But there is my reasoning.

It could be a good performer and still have trash aesthetics. Which is what I’m referring to … in reviews it’s not such a profound performer that it off sets the elusiveness to get them or the hideous aesthetics.

I thought the model was garbage looking before I tried getting them. Chinese basketball brands shoes are ugly as hell. Hideously over designed. Way of Wade included. Even if they perform well-ish.

I’m not mad they’re not readily available. It’s par for the course with manufactured hype of sneakers now a days from all brands. It doesn’t make it any less stupid on a businesses part and especially so in the case of a Kyrie shoe with a company like Anta. One who has no market share in the States. And this is your opportunity to make a splash. And prior it was a company that no one could give less a damn about and finally got an athlete that could move some product and they idiotically make it deliberately low numbers for the first two releases.

It’s dumb.

And this isn’t a way for you to need for you to feel like you should slither in another opportunity to flex that you know someone on the design team (no one cares) or that you got a pair (no one cares) …

You should want everyone to get a pair if they want one. I was going to buy them because I am a massive fan of Kyrie. Always thought the shoe looked hideous. Thought the prototypes we’ve seen in drawings and in real life looked better. And the initial colorway and many of the subsequent colorways haven’t looked good either. Yes, my opinion. And you’re entitled to yours. But there is my reasoning.

It could be a good performer and still have trash aesthetics. Which is what I’m referring to … in reviews it’s not such a profound performer that it off sets the elusiveness to get them or the hideous aesthetics.
Respect your opinion on thinking it looks trash, and the fact you differentiated from looks and performance as far as trash. Think about a company like Anta though - as you said, no market in the US, not really sure how Kyrie will be followed after his Nike/political debacle and being in Dallas (not exactly a basketball hotbed). If they make too many, they are seen as a failure and “trash”. If they make too few they are “trash” for not making enough. Jordan is dealing with this now.

As for the flex, yeah, I know the team. I’ve known most of them for years, when they were at Reebok and adidas and puma and Nike and WoW. Doesn’t mean I didn’t pay for mine. I thought most in here would be interested to see the event through one of our eyes.

And limiting the next color to 323 pairs for his birthday? Amazingly dumb. After seeing the demand for the first color they should have fast tracked production and gotten more together or release the next colorway that has large production numbers first, then the birthday thing. Like you say, I am sure lots are frustrated and losing interest in something they can’t get, and that will kill the momentum in a heartbeat.

Can’t take anyone’s opinion seriously if they think Li Ning is trash or any Chinese basketball for that matter. Li Ning blows Nike out of the water with their designs. This is a general consensus among sneakerheads so it’s not just my opinion.

You don’t have to like a shoe .. that’s fine. But to say that it’s garbage?

What the hell looks good then? Because you’re on a Nike forum and Nike has hardly produced anything groundbreaking in their basketball line in a decade.

Back
Top Bottom