kyrie irving + anta basketball

Can’t take anyone’s opinion seriously if they think Li Ning is trash or any Chinese basketball for that matter. Li Ning blows Nike out of the water with their designs. This is a general consensus among sneakerheads so it’s not just my opinion.

You don’t have to like a shoe .. that’s fine. But to say that it’s garbage?

What the hell looks good then? Because you’re on a Nike forum and Nike has hardly produced anything groundbreaking in their basketball line in a decade.

I realize you were kind of addressing one thing and not really trying to make some truly definitive statement, but that "blows Nike out of the water" thing isn't even close to true.

But it's so clearly untrue I'm not trying to argue it with you. Instead I will say that I wish Li Ning or other Chinese brands were in stores like FTL, FNL, Champs, DSG, hell Nordstrom, anywhere. Equalizer, Peak, Anta, Rigorer, whoever! Get em all over here. I'd love to have so much more choice of shoes to play in, love to watch it drive the release day prices down by like 30%, and love to watch the reseller market dry up and die like a slug on salt. I think that's the real thing most of the sneakerheads can agree on. Lower prices and more accessible kicks for everybody. The resellers will be mad and some people who derive their sense of accomplishment by getting something other people can't have will be mad, but they can go UnDS some of their crumbling shoes and kick rocks :lol:

I realize you were kind of addressing one thing and not really trying to make some truly definitive statement, but that "blows Nike out of the water" thing isn't even close to true.

But it's so clearly untrue I'm not trying to argue it with you. Instead I will say that I wish Li Ning or other Chinese brands were in stores like FTL, FNL, Champs, DSG, hell Nordstrom, anywhere. Equalizer, Peak, Anta, Rigorer, whoever! Get em all over here. I'd love to have so much more choice of shoes to play in, love to watch it drive the release day prices down by like 30%, and love to watch the reseller market dry up and die like a slug on salt. I think that's the real thing most of the sneakerheads can agree on. Lower prices and more accessible kicks for everybody. The resellers will be mad and some people who derive their sense of accomplishment by getting something other people can't have will be mad, but they can go UnDS some of their crumbling shoes and kick rocks :lol:
Exactly - competition is GREAT for consumers, with both technology and price. The foams the Chinese brands are using are freaking great and are seriously as good as Zoom the way Nike uses it now, which makes Nike look at new cushioning tech. I love it as a sneakerhead who always wants to play in the newest tech.

Not the KAI 1s but loving the Shockwave 5 Pro “Moon” PEs:
872AD4BC-F37C-42D9-A9DF-6D0B3E6713E7.jpeg

Like Steph's stuff, it's starting to look like kid's shoes. They're generally okay, but ultimately they're just trying to do too much. The moon phases inset on the toebox is dope. The laces are a great color. The style of the shoe is my kind of style, with the lower cut to ball in. Color palette is rich hues of purples and violets and burgundy, topped off with a moonlight-colored sole. From the midfoot on back there's a lattice that almost simulates the border between the dream state and the real world. Nice.

Thennnnn they just go off the rails.
  • Some weird ticket-shaped cross hatch pattern that looks like little pieces of pepperoni pizza.
  • A differently colored panel to reinforce the toe.
  • The laces have a bar in between the end and the penultimate lace holes.
  • There's a golden button on the heel.
  • There's more triangles or moon shapes on the side.
  • The anta logo in silver striking across the lattice.
  • The top eyelet has a ribbon that juts out and then back, with Kyrie'snumber on it.
  • The tongue has multiple colors on the front and changes to black on the back.
  • There's a dreamcatcher like piece over the top of the tongue.
  • Back down near the toebox and forefoot area you've got some wavy red lines leading to some darker colored stars
  • Near the heel there's a gradient that flows into the back, and there's a differently colored, perhaps iridescent heel cup.

But perhaps this is what they are going to use as their calling card, because I swear I wrote up something similar for his sig. So Anta's gonna try to be the "**** Everywhere On A Shoe" brand. Hope it works for them. I appreciate them trying to set themselves apart.

Like Steph's stuff, it's starting to look like kid's shoes. They're generally okay, but ultimately they're just trying to do too much. The moon phases inset on the toebox is dope. The laces are a great color. The style of the shoe is my kind of style, with the lower cut to ball in. Color palette is rich hues of purples and violets and burgundy, topped off with a moonlight-colored sole. From the midfoot on back there's a lattice that almost simulates the border between the dream state and the real world. Nice.

Thennnnn they just go off the rails.
  • Some weird ticket-shaped cross hatch pattern that looks like little pieces of pepperoni pizza.
  • A differently colored panel to reinforce the toe.
  • The laces have a bar in between the end and the penultimate lace holes.
  • There's a golden button on the heel.
  • There's more triangles or moon shapes on the side.
  • The anta logo in silver striking across the lattice.
  • The top eyelet has a ribbon that juts out and then back, with Kyrie'snumber on it.
  • The tongue has multiple colors on the front and changes to black on the back.
  • There's a dreamcatcher like piece over the top of the tongue.
  • Back down near the toebox and forefoot area you've got some wavy red lines leading to some darker colored stars
  • Near the heel there's a gradient that flows into the back, and there's a differently colored, perhaps iridescent heel cup.

But perhaps this is what they are going to use as their calling card, because I swear I wrote up something similar for his sig. So Anta's gonna try to be the "**** Everywhere On A Shoe" brand. Hope it works for them. I appreciate them trying to set themselves apart.
Totally feel you but I just like them because they look nothing like any other pair of shoes I own, and my first Anta pair!

lol that’s going to give you the info you need
I’m still trying to figure out why you are replying…… I asked a specific question to someone who has the shoe, if it wasn’t you then why are you replying

lol it’s an open forum. It’s called trying to help. Not sure if it’s a foreign concept to you but maybe I can see why he wouldn’t respond at this point.
I didn’t ask an open question to all ….. if I did then this post would make sense . Again , thanks for posting the vids, I have seen them and I was asking the person who owns the shoe and posted a direct question.

If I have a question I’d like you to answer you will know because I will quote you…

Prime example of just doing WAY too much and trying way too hard. Good lord

good lord... imagine people having a difference in taste.

i saw your post in the gt cut thread and..... well, you even capitalized panda, you're that excited.. :rofl: don't worry these will be in outlets for $29.99.

No but I’m buying the Pandas when they drop

1711035821006.png

kaz109 kaz109 i would say they are better cushioned than any Nike kyrie, even the infinity. It’s almost like they took a Kyrie 6 and added boost in the midsole. For an Anta comparison, I was told at the SP event that the Kai 1 and the Shock Wave 5 Pro have the same cushioning, but I don’t have the Shock Wave yet so I can’t compare.

So you skip over a real question to respond to a hater…. Got it
Nope just don’t like it
good lord... imagine people having a difference in taste.

i saw your post in the gt cut thread and..... well, you even capitalized panda, you're that excited.. :rofl: don't worry these will be in outlets for $29.99.

1711035821006.png
capitalized? Who cares? I think it’s a good looking color way on a very cheap model. I even said that in that post. If they do get to the outlets 6 to 8 months down the line, cool, I’m fine with paying less. it’s obviously not a premium performance show. It would just be in the rotation other people thought they look pretty good too, you must’ve missed that part. Like I said, everything is subjective, at least those keep it simple and refined, and aren’t trying way too hard with loud obnoxious color and designs and straps and ugly molding.

kaz109 kaz109 i would say they are better cushioned than any Nike kyrie, even the infinity. It’s almost like they took a Kyrie 6 and added boost in the midsole. For an Anta comparison, I was told at the SP event that the Kai 1 and the Shock Wave 5 Pro have the same cushioning, but I don’t have the Shock Wave yet so I can’t compare.

I feel the infinity’s were very underrated. I like this. Thanks for the comparison.

Back
Top Bottom