kyrie irving + anta basketball

Well… this happened
IMG_4086.jpeg
IMG_4062.jpeg
IMG_4085.jpeg

Kyrie had in two different colorways last night. Hoping some closer pics surface.

IMG_5490.jpeg
IMG_5491.jpeg

JS”
Those two colorways particularly the navy and light blue Mavs colored pair on the bottom are fire. Even if the shoe is ugly.

What a horrendous first release. Didn’t stand a chance.

His Anta logo is far superior to his Nike one. And I love the low top and apparent quality of the shoe performance wise compared to his Nike offerings, but everyone I’ve shown pics of the shoe of to have all said they were hideous as ****. And I agree. Over designed and ugly.

But I want them.

Sneaker Politics in Dallas
Was it easy to get a pair? Was there a lot of stock? Trying to decide if it's worth my time to go up to SF Nice Kicks on Sat to try get a pair. Really want to try these out on the court.

They didn’t make them easy to obtain as expected, now im out
This is where they lost me as well. This was the first release and it was planned for months, so there are 2 reasons why very few in here were able to pick them up: a company like Anta with a ~$10Bn market cap couldn’t produce enough pairs for their biggest signature athlete’s debut shoe or they intentionally limited quantities. It looks like a cool shoe, but if they don’t want to make it available, I’ll just appreciate you guys posting pics of your pairs.

This is where they lost me as well. This was the first release and it was planned for months, so there are 2 reasons why very few in here were able to pick them up: a company like Anta with a ~$10Bn market cap couldn’t produce enough pairs for their biggest signature athlete’s debut shoe or they intentionally limited quantities. It looks like a cool shoe, but if they don’t want to make it available, I’ll just appreciate you guys posting pics of your pairs.
It’s like that with everything now, bro.

You don’t think Nike, with how profitable they and Jordan brand is, and the resources they have for the asinine prices they charge for retro shoes that at this point are replicas of what they were originally in terms of build quality, materials, technology, cushioning, etc … couldn’t have ALL of the trademark signature Jordans in that companies history on the shoe shelves all year long if they wanted?

Or Kobe for that matter?

They intentionally don’t. Because it drives hype. What they really should be doing, a company like Jordan Brand, is making four Air Jordans a year and just producing a **** ton of them so everybody eats, enjoys, and you move volume anyway. None of this bull**** manufactured hype where restocks continually and randomly sudden appear in extreme limited quantities out of nowhere in a month, three months, six months, sometimes up to two or three years after the original release.

In December 2021, I walked into the Nike factory store in Aurora Illinois, and they had the playoff 11s and the black infrared sixes. Each one of those shoes had come out 2 to 3 years prior to that, where the hell did all of that stock go for that long that they couldn’t find it? Meanwhile, people struck out on releases through all the different apps and all the different retailers. It’s horse**** … it’s the market and the game now.

But you’re totally right. You’re a punk company in terms of the American market, you get your first mega star that can actually move units and he has been signed with you guys for at minimum 6 to 8 months and to plan and you’ve been in planning and you can’t get this shoe out in volume to all the American retailers and not just your company website?

That is utterly pathetic. Use that slave labor. You are a communist Chinese company, you don’t have to even abide by the same labor laws that an American company using Chinese workforce has to … cracked the whip and get me my ugly, over designed but potentially good performing shoes from my favorite current basketball player please.

:lol:

Was it easy to get a pair? Was there a lot of stock? Trying to decide if it's worth my time to go up to SF Nice Kicks on Sat to try get a pair. Really want to try these out on the court.
It was easy for me but I was in the VIP room. There were 225 pairs (approximately) and around 350-400 people in line. Some waited around 3 hours and got none.

They're bad and good at the same time. They chose some nice colors and it's definitely a good look for a springtime release of a shoe, assuming they actually release. There's some nice intricate designs in multiple hues of blue on the toebox and a corresponding set on the side panel. But then you have the gradient blue stripe, the gold accent above the heel, the cotton candy blue lining and on the eyelets and lets throw in a spring green arc on the midsole. The strap overlaps that, and lets put fuschia hits on the lacing at the bottom, a little tuxedo looking overlay on the toebox design, and then put a gold embossed logo on the tongue. Okay box em up and....WAIT! Put a gold left on the pulltab and heel, to match that feather earring and do some familial storytelling.

Like I get it, and it really is a vibrant looking shoe. Just looks good and bad at the same time.

They didn’t make them easy to obtain as expected, now im out

This is quite the overreaction.. considering EVERY brand is doing the same nonsense. Look at the Book 1 and AE1, for example.

It's the first colourway.. there will be more in the coming months.

Would love to see these hit FTL so I can try em on before purchase.. prob not until the Kai 2 though if I were a betting man.

This is quite the overreaction.. considering EVERY brand is doing the same nonsense. Look at the Book 1 and AE1, for example.

It's the first colourway.. there will be more in the coming months.

Would love to see these hit FTL so I can try em on before purchase.. prob not until the Kai 2 though if I were a betting man.
Yea but out of all the brands im not about to let Anta play with me

Back
Top Bottom