Kyrie Irving's ball control

Kyrie came in to the NBA ready, that boy smooth as %%%#. Dudes in the John Wall thread last year were upset, but I still see no way you can say John Wall is the better player right now. And 
roll.gif
at anyone trying to make it seem like the Heat have halfway decent fans. Dudes bringing up the whether? Real fans deal with snow, sleet, hail and all that if they have to, you dudes talking about its too nice out to support your team? 
laugh.gif
. I can't think of a single NBA team with worse fans than the heat, including every other team which is relatively new. Don't let the little bit of support Lebron brought with him fool y'all, they been fickle for 22 years 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

While on the subject of Kyrie, I think most NTers would agree he's close to or already has surpassed John Wall for recent PGs selected #1 overall (fair or not). However, is there anyone on this board that believes Irving has the talent and potential to become the best point in the NBA over CP3, D. Rose, Deron, Russy, and Rondo within the next two to three years? 
For me, what separates Irving immediately is that he possesses a natural, elite (for PGs) jump shot. Deron is the only one out of the top five I specifically named that comes close in that respective department. It's clear Kyrie is going to have a monster 2012-2013 season, assuming Thompson shows growth and Waiters contributes (streaky) offense. 

I wouldn't write Wall off.  If it wasn't for Blake's redshirt year, he would have been ROY.  IMO, I think Wall is the better passer/playmaker.  Irving KILLS him with the shooting, but it's honestly hard to put one ahead of the other.  Going solely off of their rookie years, I think it's a push.  Wall did have a bumpy start to the 11-12 season, but he finished strong.  I'm going to be interested to see if Irving doesn't hit that sophomore slump and if Wall can take his game to the next level since he won't be playing with as many boneheads.  Both guys, IMO, have the POTENTIAL to be top-5 talents at the 1 in few years.  This is a great time to be a NBA fan if you like PG play.  The position is so strong across the board. 

Irving is better right now, but Wall will be better in the future. That's how I see it. 

The advantages Irving's game has over Wall's, can be gained over time. The advantages Wall has over Irving however, cannot. 
BTW, if we're talking about handles ya'll already know B Jennings got that. And I don't even like dude's game at all lol

Originally Posted by NooEra

I really do though. I dont get the appeal of playing in these cities with these coveted nightlife scenes. Youre a professional athlete lol you can party wherever you want in the off-season and on road trips. Cleveland is a blue collar town with die hard fans that have a gritty mentality. In Cleveland the arena is packed and the fans are going ham. In Miami the arena is half empty and theyre posting bulletins begging for fans to show support. "Fan up"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I thought these dudes were supposed to be ball players? I guess in this era of social media its all about being seen in the hottest club so you can cop a movie deal or some %%%!? I hope Kyrie shows some loyalty to the franchise that drafted him and signs a very long extension . Faith in the future of the NBA would be restored if this happened. Instead yall are rooting for dude to leave Cleveland and go to LA, NY, or Miami so he can up his celeb status? So corny
eyes.gif

Not totally supported by fact

2012 Attendance
Miami Heat- 19,207 (4th), 101.7% capacity (they even have a STANDING section)
Cleveland Cavaliers- 15,926 (19), 77.5% capacity

of course, you must account for the LeBron factor
Heat- 17,730 (15), 90.5% capacity
Cavaliers- 20,562 (2) 100% capacity

So the "die hard" Cleveland fans dropped 17 spots in attendance from now to when since Bron left. Interesting because there's almost no drop to 2011 (97.8% full, 20,112) directly post decision but how much of that had to do with season tickets being prepaid and non refundable?

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

laugh.gif
give the Cavs 2 more years .. Front office can't turn it around in one season.

Exactly, it took Lebron 3 years to make the Playoffs with Cleveland. 

Cleveland has very loyal football fans but not necessarily loyal Cavs fans from what I've seen. Not a knock on the fans here on NT, just a football town for so many years

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Jay02

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

This dude Animal Thug is the MOST sensitive about ANYTHING Cleveland related.
laugh.gif

Not really. Instead of everyone appreciating Irvings game and his potential everyone is just focusing on him leaving his team in the future. Very annoying and it's exactly what's wrong with the NBA an it's fans. I don't see him as sensitive.. I see him being annoyed while everyone else is bitter cause they want Irving.

Exactly.
i mean, i dont know about that.  i only said i want him to leave cleveland because they suck and i dont get a chance to watch him play..because they suck.  if cleveland gets better and gets some love from espn/abc and league pass, i'm fine with him staying there.  of course i'd love for him to come to my team (lakers), but its fine if he doesnt, we've had kobe for the last 17 yrs. i'm not greedy.   i think some of us want dude to leave simply so we can watch the young gunna, its nothing personal.

any of my hate is aimed at dan gilbert, not the cavaliers or its fans.

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

At 00:54
sick.gif
�My son had the defender on skates

That part of the video is cool and everything, but he gained NO ground doing all those moves. 

Personally, ill take a simple move performed quickly and efficiently to gain an advantage over someone whos dribbling for the sake of trying to show off skills.

Kyrie
pimp.gif

To me .. Crawford and Tyreke Has the Sickest Handles.. Deron Williams has the Sickest Crossover.. Most explosive off the dribble is D. Rose. .. Ball on a String.. Giving it to my boy Cp3. Spin Move .. Kyrie
sick.gif
.. Rafer used to have me like that..
Kyrie is nice though.. And whoever said that most Pgs can break a NBA press.. You sir are correct..

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

At 00:54
sick.gif
�My son had the defender on skates

That part of the video is cool and everything, but he gained NO ground doing all those moves.�

Personally, ill take a simple move performed quickly and efficiently to gain an advantage over someone whos dribbling for the sake of trying to show off skills.

Kyrie
pimp.gif
Word.
Doing all those moves on the spot with pretty much no pressure defence isn't that impressive

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

While on the subject of Kyrie, I think most NTers would agree he's close to or already has surpassed John Wall for recent PGs selected #1 overall (fair or not). However, is there anyone on this board that believes Irving has the talent and potential to become the best point in the NBA over CP3, D. Rose, Deron, Russy, and Rondo within the next two to three years? 
For me, what separates Irving immediately is that he possesses a natural, elite (for PGs) jump shot. Deron is the only one out of the top five I specifically named that comes close in that respective department. It's clear Kyrie is going to have a monster 2012-2013 season, assuming Thompson shows growth and Waiters contributes (streaky) offense. 

I wouldn't write Wall off.  If it wasn't for Blake's redshirt year, he would have been ROY.  IMO, I think Wall is the better passer/playmaker.  Irving KILLS him with the shooting, but it's honestly hard to put one ahead of the other.  Going solely off of their rookie years, I think it's a push.  Wall did have a bumpy start to the 11-12 season, but he finished strong.  I'm going to be interested to see if Irving doesn't hit that sophomore slump and if Wall can take his game to the next level since he won't be playing with as many boneheads.  Both guys, IMO, have the POTENTIAL to be top-5 talents at the 1 in few years.  This is a great time to be a NBA fan if you like PG play.  The position is so strong across the board. 
That's basically what I was going to say. You guys love to make a lot of strong statements...and we've only seen him play basically half a year. Give it time. Kyrie is definitely the better scorer but Wall definitely is a better defender. In any case we have to give them time before making judgements. Let's be real when Wall had his highlight videos coming out yall were going nuts just like recently with Kyrie. Chilllllllllll

^ With respect, my posts are all generally extremely well-thought out and surely not based on any highlight reel clips. I care more about what a basketball player (PG) can do to make his NBA teammates better and win games more so than dropping 50+ at the Rucker or crossing up an amateur ball player. 
Dior and I have probably been the two staunchest most supporters of John Wall in memory. Particularly in the specific thread about him. He's had poor talent around him, numerous guys with low basketball IQ (Blatche and Vale). Nick Young to a lesser extent. There's no doubt Wall is a rare athletic gift with certain explosiveness that Kyrie can't match, but John has almost no jumper right now. The shooting percentages have been woeful and Wall is in dire need of developing a mid-range J at the very least to force defenders to respect his shot. Very similar to what we saw from D. Rose this season (improved jumper through constant work in the off-season). 

As Js said, I'm looking forward to the future generation of star PGs. I often wonder, who will emerge as the best: Rondo, Russy, Kyrie, Wall? 

Back
Top Bottom