**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

3F050BDB-58C3-4AE1-B61F-F8BE8B896DEA.png

Yeah...No thanks.

G: Zo
G: Beal
F: Kawh
F: Lebron

With Kuz and BI off the bench is a heck of a squad.

Won’t work salary wise.

$37mil for LeBron, $27mil for Beal, $8mil for Zo, $7 mil for Ingram, $2mil for Kuz, $5mil on Deng stretch

Leaves $23mil out of 32mil for Kawhi. Not counting the $4mil of roster spot holds.

The only way to get 3 max free agents on the Lakers.... would be to trade two of Ball/Ingram/Kuz and 4 for a max type guy. That would create the money for a third guy.

LeBron, Zo, BI, Kuz, Deng stretch, and 4 gives the Lakers about $40mil in cap space.

For example.
LeBron
Deng stretch
A Kawhi max

Leaves $35mil. With that you can fit $27mil for AD. $2mil Kuz. And then you have $6.4mil in roster holds.

So in the end LeBron/AD/Kawhi only happens if Kuz is the only other guy on the roster. Or an AD trade happens in July after Free Agents sign . Which is unlikely.

Last edited:
4. Los Angeles Lakers — Jarrett Culver

6-6 wing, sophomore, Texas Tech

What an incredible stroke of luck for the Lakers, who now get yet another additional asset to go out and either help LeBron James with, or to potentially acquire a star with. My bet is that they would rather use this pick as part of a trade to acquire that star. Think Anthony Davis, Bradley Beal, guys like that. Beal particularly stands out if the Pelicans end up getting a better offer for Davis than the No. 4 pick, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, and Kyle Kuzma (that sticks out as a very legitimate offer). But if they end up keeping the pick, they’ll have to make a call on whether or not they think any of these players can help their team sooner rather than later.

In my opinion, Culver is that guy. The team has really struggled at the 2-guard spot over the last two years. One of the breakout stars of the college basketball season, The Texas Tech wing has developed into a high-level shot creator who also plays well within a team construct. He’s a terrific ball-handler and playmaker, with the ability to get to his pull-up jumper with ease. He’s also improved dramatically as a jump shooter, going from a left-eye dominant sling shooter to a shooter who brings the ball up from the middle of his body and can knock down shots. He still needs to iron out a few things at the top of the jumper, including a small hitch. Overall though, it’s easy to imagine him as the 2-guard, secondary ball-handler next to Trae Young, given his size at 6-foot-6 and creativity. Defensively, he still has some room to grow, but he has good feel on that end from playing in Texas Tech’s defense-first scheme. Particularly, his hands are disruptive and he gets a lot of steals when offensive players bring the ball low or when he gets out into passing lanes. The fit here is too strong to pass up, but I will note that there continues to be some ambivalence to Culver among NBA executives, who question his athleticism and ability to become a true difference maker.

This pick could also be an interesting, tell-tale sign into how much power James has within the walls of the Staples Center. Point guard Darius Garland would be an intriguing fit next to Ball. His shot-making as a pull-up shooter would really complement all of the winning plays Ball makes on both ends of the floor. Additionally, Ball could help cover over some of Garland’s mistakes. It also doesn’t hurt that Garland is represented by Klutch Sports, James’ own agency. How this aspect of the proceedings play out if the Lakers keep the pick will be fascinating.
https://theathletic.com/973368/2019...aft-4-0-draft-order-set-post-lottery-edition/

4. Los Angeles Lakers
i

Darius Garland
Vanderbilt
G

Height: 6-foot-3 | Weight: 173

Garland's freshman season ended abruptly due to a knee injury just five games in, leaving a cloud of mystery regarding exactly what to expect from him as an NBA rookie. Nevertheless, there's a lot to like about his ability to operate at different speeds, handle the ball on a string and make pull-up jumpers from difficult vantage points. The lack of star power overall and general depth at the point guard position gradually pushed Garland up the lottery as executives expressed disenchantment with the alternatives.

Garland's slender frame, negative assist-to-turnover ratio and lack of experience at the college level are things he'll have to address during the pre-draft process, but he's a natural option here.

Garland is a strong fit alongside Lonzo Ball and LeBron James. The Lakers need more shot creation and shot-making on their roster, and Garland is a good fit here. The fact that he shares the same agent as James probably won't hurt.

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/26719722/nba-mock-draft-lottery-winners-do-now

Zo and BI untradeable, right? Injuries, blood clot......

Kuz Hart Wagner 4th pick for AD? (Add salary fillers or get a third team)

Zo and BI untradeable, right? Injuries, blood clot......

Kuz Hart Wagner 4th pick for AD? (Add salary fillers or get a third team)

No they're not untradeable neither of their injuries are career threatening

I feel like Zo and BI are more valuable/harder to replace than Kuz. I could live with trading Zo. But BI/AD for the next decade is too damn good to pass up

No they're not untradeable neither of their injuries are career threatening

May not be but there’s uncertainty with BI that teams may not want to gamble on. Plus the Lavar drama....we’ll see. I think we trade the pick if we keep Bron and wanna go for a chip

May not be but there’s uncertainty with BI that teams may not want to gamble on. Plus the Lavar drama....we’ll see. I think we trade the pick if we keep Bron and wanna go for a chip

BI expected to make full recovery it wasn't like what Bosh had.

on offense kinda but
Bron has deferred to BI in late sometimes (and has seen some success)
and also BI is better cutting and way better defensively
BI got him on defense but Kuz is better off the ball. A lot of his points come off cutting to the rim, running the floor, catch and shoot. BI is more iso.

BI got him on defense but Kuz is better off the ball. A lot of his points come off cutting to the rim, running the floor, catch and shoot. BI is more iso.
they've both gotten a lot better at cutting tbh
i remember more BI cuts though but yeah he is kinda iso-centric
BI also has that little mid range lol
Bron seems to have a liking for Kuz tho so who knows maybe he's safe

Back
Top Bottom