**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

So why trade him for next to nothing then. Makes no sense at all
To get cap space. Brooklyn was the only team that would take on a salary. He OBVIOUSLY wasn't in the long term plans, despite what y'all stans believed. 

Again rival gms that probably have a grudge against former swindler Rob pelinka conspired to tank dlo's value and our rookie fo got plunged. Just hours ago dudes were trying to trade dlo for the NBA's elite and now this is a good move? :lol:

Why is it so certain he would've improved his value? Why are people so certain he was going to be that good? He's an airhead that can't play defense

Yea I guess you weren't watching. You'll see how much the nets improve this season

Mark Medina‏Verified account
@MarkG_Medina
Beyond cap flexibility for 2018 + adding draft picks, Lakers made trade partly because they see Brook Lopez as a "stretch 5."

Yeah, let's trust these guys. :lol:

Again rival gms that probably have a grudge against former swindler Rob pelinka conspired to tank dlo's value and our rookie fo got plunged. Just hours ago dudes were trying to trade dlo for the NBA's elite and now this is a good move? :lol:

Why is it so certain he would've improved his value? Why are people so certain he was going to be that good? He's an airhead that can't play defense

Yea I guess you weren't watching. You'll see how much the nets improve this season

No, I watched and don't share the same sentiments as you :lol: It's not hard for the Nets to improve from what they were :lol:

This franchise is a grease fire. :smh:

Magic just flipped a 21 year old in THE HOPES, that he can lure a 34 year old Lebron in his 16th season, with the most games/minutes ever played thru 16 years. :lol:

And we're not even sure we can get him.

We were ONE YEAR away from potentially landing Paul George as a Free Agent, AND having 7-8 pieces under the age of 24 to boot.

Meanwhile, the Warriors are still in our very own division, and aren't going to struggle with an aging Bron + 19-20-21 year old Lonzo Ball.

Note, we didn't even allow DLo time to grow, how in the **** you think we gon let Ball/Ingram develop when Bron is on the final 2-3 years of his career, IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF we get him? :lol:

Or, we could get Boogie Cousins...................................cuz that will stop the Golden State Warriors. :rolleyes

We tanked for 3+ years to clear cap, and gain a pile of young assets, and the first chance Magic gets, he gives up on one that's 21 years old, and was our best player. :stoneface:

We are the Knicks, but worse. Jeanie, Magic are ******* stupid as **** thinking this is the 1980's and how their dad used to run things. In the middle of the Warriors window, he wants to chase the pipe dream of old man Lebron in a Laker uni. Are you ******* kidding me? Cuz old man Malone/Payton was great, or old man Ewing, or old man Olajuwon, or old man Kobe etc.

If Magic pulls off George + Russ + a 3rd star, ok, he will be 100% right and I will be 100% wrong, but if his vision is old man Lebron, we are done for several years other than gossip/ESPN attractions.

|I

Best I can hope for now, hope 27-28 turn into something, Nance/Zubac'ish at least. Not gonna hold my breath tho.

Or they just didn't think he was good. Maybe, oh I don't, after seeing him in practice, shoot arounds, huddles, locker room......they didn't think he was good for the team. But carry on about how they're too stupid to not wait until he turns 25

I know that you'll never actually get it, and I'm wasting my time, but the majority of this entire post was the pipe dream that is chasing Lebron, NOT, DLo. But you have your shtick, so stick with that.

I'm sure they would like to get LeBron, but he's not the only marquee free agent next summer. 

This franchise is a grease fire. :smh:

Magic just flipped a 21 year old in THE HOPES, that he can lure a 34 year old Lebron in his 16th season, with the most games/minutes ever played thru 16 years. :lol:

And we're not even sure we can get him.

We were ONE YEAR away from potentially landing Paul George as a Free Agent, AND having 7-8 pieces under the age of 24 to boot.

Meanwhile, the Warriors are still in our very own division, and aren't going to struggle with an aging Bron + 19-20-21 year old Lonzo Ball.

Note, we didn't even allow DLo time to grow, how in the **** you think we gon let Ball/Ingram develop when Bron is on the final 2-3 years of his career, IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF we get him? :lol:

Or, we could get Boogie Cousins...................................cuz that will stop the Golden State Warriors. :rolleyes

We tanked for 3+ years to clear cap, and gain a pile of young assets, and the first chance Magic gets, he gives up on one that's 21 years old, and was our best player. :stoneface:

We are the Knicks, but worse. Jeanie, Magic are ******* stupid as **** thinking this is the 1980's and how their dad used to run things. In the middle of the Warriors window, he wants to chase the pipe dream of old man Lebron in a Laker uni. Are you ******* kidding me? Cuz old man Malone/Payton was great, or old man Ewing, or old man Olajuwon, or old man Kobe etc.

If Magic pulls off George + Russ + a 3rd star, ok, he will be 100% right and I will be 100% wrong, but if his vision is old man Lebron, we are done for several years other than gossip/ESPN attractions.

|I

Best I can hope for now, hope 27-28 turn into something, Nance/Zubac'ish at least. Not gonna hold my breath tho.

I respect your passion but I kinda think you over did it. I was lukewarm on Russell tbh. He's still young and had potential but he definitely had a ceiling as a player. He's still slow footed and he'll never be a good defender. The front office didn't believe in him as a 2-guard and I'm find with that. We still have all of our other young guys. None of the guys on our roster other than Ingram are going to be stars IMO. We have a whole slew of B minus players. This league is defined by stars and have starts attracts more stars. Having PG will and showing progress as a franchise will attract Boogie, Lebron, etc. That's a better plan than anything we were doing before.

All he really needed was minutes and a green light. Remember the dlo from last summer league? Gonna be seeing a lot of that guy this season

Back
Top Bottom