**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

By the way Lakers can sign JR after they sign PG or whatever.... The only change is cap hold is now double the QO so about $10mil. He's a RFA not an UFA after the season. So don't act like he's preventing us from anyone.

Also that's assuming you don't just stretch Moz & Deng.

Or trade Clarkson.

Last edited:
Dudes in here keep saying JJ cant shoot yet all i see is RED when I look at Fox's chart. :x

Jackson shoots better than Fox at every 3 point location on the court, and not just barely..BY A LOT... yet Fox is okay to draft? Okay... :lol:

Going to what LTB saying, where is team Fox at?

Boys in the thread posting shot charts and not even reading the shot charts :smh:

This is where a basketball mind is needed... let me explain fellas

U can clearly see that Fox shot the least from behind the arch amongst ALL the players listed. If u don't take a lot of shots your % is just gonna either be fluctuated really high or really low. That wasn't his game at UK and Coach Cal's offense wasn't predicated on Fox playing behind the arch.

What u should be considering is his numbers from mid range and in the paint, meaning his has the ability to collapse defenses, get other players WIDE OPEN looks from 3, and get to the foul line. None of which we have consistently on this particular roster. Our best player off the dribble on the wing is our 6th man. Fox shot more and at a higher clip in the areas we need. Even ranking second amongst the players listed at shots around the rim.

That's what boys should be looking at.

Your welcome.

Boys in the thread posting shot charts and not even reading the shot charts :smh:

This is where a basketball mind is needed... let me explain fellas

U can clearly see that Fox shot the least from behind the arch amongst ALL the players listed. If u don't take a lot of shots your % is just gonna either be fluctuated really high or really low. That wasn't his game at UK and Coach Cal's offense wasn't predicated on Fox playing behind the arch.

What u should be considering is his numbers from mid range and in the paint, meaning his has the ability to collapse defenses, get other players WIDE OPEN looks from 3, and get to the foul line. None of which we have consistently on this particular roster. Our best player off the dribble on the wing is our 6th man. Fox shot more and at a higher clip in the areas we need. Even ranking second amongst the players listed at shots around the rim.

That's what boys should be looking at.

Your welcome.

Not to mention that chart shows that ball shot like 15 shots from midrange all season. I legit don't even know how you swing that.

The NBA three pointer is no joke not only is it a very crucial shot these days it's a very long and difficult shot

You have to be able to make it when you're tired and you played 35 minutes, you been running through screens all game, you been playing hard D on the other end, hustling for loose balls, boxing out, etc

It's not something that can be developed over the summer

The thing with Fox is that he shot three-pointer so infrequently in college, it's going to take a long time for him to develop. Don't you think there's a reason his college coaches didn't want him to shoot the three ?

Then you have Josh Jackson's hitch and Lonzo ball's mechanics that will make it virtually impossible for him to go right and pull up and shoot because he winds up the shot on his left side

Tough decision for Robbie and Magic

Last edited:
I kind of wish they would trade down and see if someone would take deng or mozgov

Say you trade down to 4, you still get one of the guys you want and free up a bunch of cap space.

Last edited:
I think this draft class is the goods in the PG department.
Fultz too smooth (could be the taller isiah),
Lonzo has the highest ceiling but also the biggest bust potential but 909 representing...
Not sure on Fox (Bledsoe esque/jennings floor?) probably the lefty stroke ,
DSJ could be compared to Lowry (stocky PG build) but has a quicker first step but also hungry like Dame.

If they do trade down to 5 and 10 and absorb deng/moz, i'd be happy.

I also really like Justin Patton out of Creighton he's a mid 1st round pick but can run the floor and protect the paint with great offense.

I wouldn't mind Fox if we traded down to 4 and got an extra 1st rounder out of it.
But if it aint the 4 with the Suns then nah. Nothing lower than that will get us one of these 4 potential stars imo.

I think its all on hold until they find out what the Celtics do at #1....

I think there are 3-5 real trade scenarios lined up at the time of the pick

Just in case the Celtics pull an Anthony Bennett type move :lol:

There's a legit 8-9 prospects that could end up being all star caliber players in this draft. I wouldn't mind moving back if deal is sweet enough. 

Back
Top Bottom