**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

vogel DOES do a terrible job at staggering the main on-ball creators tho lol

at one point in the 3rd bron/russ/tht/(and i think ad i might be wrong) were all sitting for like a 4 min stretch :lol:

They just need a wing asap. They have no size on the perimeter. Bron and Ariza are essentially the only two on the roster. Part of the struggle is the 3 and at times even 4 guard lineups with AD with no hope of playing any defense. Constantly getting beat over and over on the perimeter putting AD in a bad spot is Im sure demoralizing. Or they'll switch off onto AD, pull him away from the basket and just find Monk or Melo and work em. It's pretty simple.

James Ennis mustve pissed someone off over the summer because it seemed like a no brainer to round out the roster an give them that flexibility. Bringing in AB fresh off getting cut from GS was weird to me considering you got 10 guards already anyway.

The roster construction just makes no sense. We badly need wings and another big, as we have way too many small guards. Rob set this up for disaster and it just doesn't look like he knew WTF he was doing.

Last edited:
KD doing what MVPs do. Nets 8-2 in their last 10.

LAL at 8-9 and going in the opposite direction as we approach a quarter of the season. Time is not on the Lakers' side.

20211119_214152.jpg

And who'd have thunk it, the Wiz are way better with Spencer Dinwiddie than Mr. Triple Double and are a game back of BKN looking like a solid and confident squad

20211119_214114.jpg

Time for the Lakers to wake up

Reactions: DLF
Eye am watching this 3rd quarter Laker "meltdown" and Eye see Boston coming out aggressive to start the 3rd, attacked the rim constantly and exploited our interior D like the Lakers did to them to start the game.

Boston's aggressiveness and determination to attack the paint led to a 9 point lead about midway thru the period and from that point forward their mid range and outside shots started falling.

The Lakers meanwhile got worse on defense, gave up penetration after penetration with literally zero Rim Protection en route to completely losing any momentum they had in the first half.

On offense, they stopped attacking the rim with regularity to set up outside shots like they did in the 1st. Instead they settled for fadeaways and Russell Westbrook threes lol

What a mess

Last edited:
Eye am watching this 3rd quarter Laker "meltdown" and Eye see Boston coming out aggressive to start the 3rd, attacked the rim constantly and exploited our interior D like the Lakers did to them to start the game.

Boston's aggressiveness and determination to attack the paint led to a 9 point lead about midway thru the period and from that point forward their mid range and outside shots started falling.

The Lakers meanwhile got worse on defense, gave up penetration after penetration with literally zero Rim Protection en route to completely losing any momentum they had in the first half.

On offense, they stopped attacking the rim with regularity to set up outside shots like they did in the 1st. Instead they settled for fadeaways and Russell Westbrook threes lol

What a mess
AD at the 5 not working because everyone outside of Bron is food defensively lol

vogel gonna have to swallow his ego and realize that his way not gonna work. This team isn’t a defensive team.Prioritize reaching their offensive ceiling (which is the highest in the Lebron era imo) and then pick your spots on def lol

KD doing what MVPs do. Nets 8-2 in their last 10.

LAL at 8-9 and going in the opposite direction as we approach a quarter of the season. Time is not on the Lakers' side.

20211119_214152.jpg

And who'd have thunk it, the Wiz are way better with Spencer Dinwiddie than Mr. Triple Double and are a game back of BKN looking like a solid and confident squad

20211119_214114.jpg

Time for the Lakers to wake up

But, bu, but Milwaukee is struggling too!

Happy Lebron came back out today, even on a loss.

He’s been locked in as a Hall of Famer long ago. Losing doesn’t matter at this point.

Just out here slowly building my collection of Lebron 8’s. 😁 I want lots of Lebron 8’s.:rofl: You should too. Just Trust me. 🔥 Nike should fully Volt the Lebron 8.

Happy Lebron came back out today, even on a loss.

He’s been locked in as a Hall of Famer long ago. Losing doesn’t matter at this point.

Just out here slowly building my collection of Lebron 8’s. 😁 I want lots of Lebron 8’s.:rofl: You should too. Just Trust me. 🔥 Nike should fully Volt the Lebron 8.
man wut

freeze freeze really can't help himself. His Laker hatred runs so deep. None of us were in the Warriors thread when you guys were getting your brains bashed in the last couple of years, but the Lakers struggle for a bit and he's in here posting more than a Lakers fan. 🤣🤣🤣

freeze freeze really can't help himself. His Laker hatred runs so deep. None of us were in the Warriors thread when you guys were getting your brains bashed in the last couple of years, but the Lakers struggle for a bit and he's in here posting more than a Lakers fan. 🤣🤣🤣
:rolleyes yall have talked way more **** about the lakers in here than i have. i dont post more than anyone in here :lol:. very rarely post in here actually. just read. and add a laughing reaction to posts that amuse me. this season has been comedy. i havent said anything disparaging in here though. only in the main thread. I feel thats fair.

Turner, Covington, Sabonis, Grant, Barnes, Warren, K. Anderson, Craig, and Holiday are on my wish list to replace any or all of these liabilities:

Ellington
Monk
Bazemore
Jordan

Lakers gonna have to include THT, Russ, and/or Nunn along with the 4 above twerps to acquire anyone of value.

Russ wasn't a disaster after the first quarter of the season at either of those spots. We're 17 games in with the big 3 playing a whopping 7 together. They'll turn it around.

I joke about the heatles but they at least had some dominant 20+ point wins in their first month trying to figure it out. Haven't seen that with these Lakers. Even when they look good they're barely squeaking out wins against lotto teams. Health is definitely a factor but man

Back
Top Bottom