**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

went to nekter for an acai bowl and caught this dude that went all in on Him
AUSTIN.jpg

Lol lost me at 2029 first for Royce Oneal. No…lost me at cp3 for 12 mill.

Will literally be a team with ZERO controllable picks for the next 7 years while being marginally better than last year and significantly older….and…we got Drummond in the ****ing team

-Chris Paul as a starter.
-A top 8 protected pick, 6 years out for 6.6 career PPG Royce O’Neale, and to play off the bench.
-Undervaluing Rui’s deal.
-And constructing a team that would crater if anybody got injured.

It was primarily the Clippers in 2004 free agency (Bulls were in trade talks in 2007), but I wouldn't doubt Kobe being that loyal to Jerry either.

Do remember Jerry telling Kobe to not sign with the Clippers and stay with Dr. Buss.

"Sure, Jan."

It was Clippers or Bulls. Am I misremembering, C CP1708 , tupac003 tupac003 , whoever else takes midday ibuprofen with me now? It was Clippers or Bulls wasn't it? Like there was chatter from other teams but as far as serious consideration, it was across the hall or over in Chicago, right?

Prime 1974 who used to be on this board back in the day worked for Nike back then. The week of, he was shipping items to Staples Center, c/o Kobe Bryant........of the LA Clippers. :frown:

Luckily, he ultimately chose correctly.

Memphis was never a consideration. I think Jerry tellin some tall tales right now. Impossible? Probably not, but I bet it would be closer to 1% truth than 99% truth.

It was LA, or LA.

I always thought Kobe was bluffing/forcing the Lakers hand with the clipper stuff. Especially when he asked them to play at the arrowhead pond so he could beat traffic and other ridiculous demands :lol:
If I'm not mistaken, I think Detroit was the only legit threat to ever land Kobe.

I could see that convo happening. Not because Bean wanted to be in Memphis but because he wanted to be back with Jerry. From an outsiders prospective from their interviews you can see that father/son relationship. I could see Bean being in his feels and is like lets do this I want to be here and Logo being the crazy wise man himself is like nah chill this aint what you want 🤣🤷🏾‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom