Laceless Sneakers: Yea or Nay?

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by cdynasty24

No, the 18's have laces!
thats why he said that they "look laceless".....People used to wear shoes laceless, IE RUN DMC with their superstars, but I dont think many people do it anymore simply because its not the style and I think most people prefer laces. To me laces add pop to shoes, for example if you have a pair of white superstars with colored stripes you can add style and pop with laces of the color of the stripes. 

Its all a matter of personal preference, thats all it comes down to.

the question is, do you wear em loose or do you tie em up tight? also do you wear them over the second eyelet or under the second eyelet from the toe?

I try to wear mine loose sometimes, but the laces are always too long so they look rly messy
laugh.gif
, so most of the time I just tie them up not too tight and tie a knot. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by cdynasty24

No, the 18's have laces!
thats why he said that they "look laceless".....People used to wear shoes laceless, IE RUN DMC with their superstars, but I dont think many people do it anymore simply because its not the style and I think most people prefer laces. To me laces add pop to shoes, for example if you have a pair of white superstars with colored stripes you can add style and pop with laces of the color of the stripes. 

Its all a matter of personal preference, thats all it comes down to.

the question is, do you wear em loose or do you tie em up tight? also do you wear them over the second eyelet or under the second eyelet from the toe?

I try to wear mine loose sometimes, but the laces are always too long so they look rly messy
laugh.gif
, so most of the time I just tie them up not too tight and tie a knot. 
tired.gif

i should have added "behind the tongue or in front to that list"

I used to tie them behind the tongue (on uptowns), but on my LS 14s I would have them with the laces untied sticking out of the top lace whole (the typical untied look, I wish there was a term for this style)...on dunks I wear em either tied in front of the tongue (never tight though) or like I wear my 14s. I always lace them over the second eyelet from the bottom.

I know what you mean on the "loose looking" appearance. I dont make them that loose, but loose enough. You know shoes are too tight when the laces are touching the ground.

I used to tie them behind the tongue (on uptowns), but on my LS 14s I would have them with the laces untied sticking out of the top lace whole (the typical untied look, I wish there was a term for this style)...on dunks I wear em either tied in front of the tongue (never tight though) or like I wear my 14s. I always lace them over the second eyelet from the bottom.

I know what you mean on the "loose looking" appearance. I dont make them that loose, but loose enough. You know shoes are too tight when the laces are touching the ground.

I have never heard of the XIX made to worn lace-less, or anyone doing that....I think they are wrong by saying the shoe was meant for that and that it...If that was true then it wouldn't have laces on it...

I have never heard of the XIX made to worn lace-less, or anyone doing that....I think they are wrong by saying the shoe was meant for that and that it...If that was true then it wouldn't have laces on it...

I tuck the laces behind the tongue sometimes too, but it feels weird sometimes, idk man, sometimes if the shoe is a little snug laces are just too long and I just tuck them into the shoe and that's basically to me "laceless" 
laugh.gif

I tuck the laces behind the tongue sometimes too, but it feels weird sometimes, idk man, sometimes if the shoe is a little snug laces are just too long and I just tuck them into the shoe and that's basically to me "laceless" 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by arff23

I never owned a pair of XIXs, but I seem to remember a kind of lace lock on them, not the traditional lace lock or lace material either. Is this true?

xyz12- sometimes on my uptowns, I would just tuck the laces in as well. On certain jordans it can be hard to tie them behind the tongue, 11s come to mind for me. Those almost have to be tied in front of the tongue. I've seen people try to tie them behind the tongue, or tuck them, but imo it looks weird. The type of eyelet they have is the reason why its hard to tie them behind the tongue.

Originally Posted by arff23

I never owned a pair of XIXs, but I seem to remember a kind of lace lock on them, not the traditional lace lock or lace material either. Is this true?

xyz12- sometimes on my uptowns, I would just tuck the laces in as well. On certain jordans it can be hard to tie them behind the tongue, 11s come to mind for me. Those almost have to be tied in front of the tongue. I've seen people try to tie them behind the tongue, or tuck them, but imo it looks weird. The type of eyelet they have is the reason why its hard to tie them behind the tongue.

I've always like to lace up my sneakers.
With the laces behind the tongue on most of them.

I've always like to lace up my sneakers.
With the laces behind the tongue on most of them.

XIX's definitely have lace locks. Most times when I pull a sneaker out of the box, I make sure the shoes aren't laced too tight and wear them the same way they come laced.

XIX's definitely have lace locks. Most times when I pull a sneaker out of the box, I make sure the shoes aren't laced too tight and wear them the same way they come laced.

Back
Top Bottom