[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
just watch..

1-7 Thunder, Spurs, Rockets, Blazers, Clippers, Warriors and Grizzlies (once Marc Gasol gets back they'll crank it up)

If the team can stay healthy, I think they got a shot at the 8th seed. It will be a dog fight between the Lakers, Nuggets, Mavs, and Wolves.

look at those rosters bro. I mean really take a good look at the spurs roster and tell me it intimidates you. I think laker fans haven't quite gotten used to the fact that this is an entirely different team and style than what we've seen for the past decade. for instance there are 3 lottery picks age 26 and under (all acquired w/o tanking btw) who will continue to grow as the season goes on. we now have athletic wings that allow you to hide kobe on defense. got 3-4 guys capable of running the offense. couple bigs that hustle....when you actually take some time to break down the match ups this team can square up with anyone. imagine kobe and one of Wes/x/farmar/swaggy cooking at the same damn time, the offense is gonna be stupid. not to mention any potential trades

^^I agree, but i feel thats a "best case scenario". Losing farmar is a buzzkill in my book.

If sacre (I can't believe im saying this) can become your hustling big man, who knows......gotta stay healthy, man.....gotta stay healthy. If...dare, I say IF...u can plug in nash and give us 80 percent of the spark farmar gives off the bench for 10 mins and integrate KB into the combo guard role, maybe u can mask the situation.

And how many gms till the tm looks as is after kbs return? 2 gms? 5 gms?

just watch..

1-7 Thunder, Spurs, Rockets, Blazers, Clippers, Warriors and Grizzlies (once Marc Gasol gets back they'll crank it up)

If the team can stay healthy, I think they got a shot at the 8th seed. It will be a dog fight between the Lakers, Nuggets, Mavs, and Wolves.

look at those rosters bro. I mean really take a good look at the spurs roster and tell me it intimidates you. I think laker fans haven't quite gotten used to the fact that this is an entirely different team and style than what we've seen for the past decade. for instance there are 3 lottery picks age 26 and under (all acquired w/o tanking btw) who will continue to grow as the season goes on. we now have athletic wings that allow you to hide kobe on defense. got 3-4 guys capable of running the offense. couple bigs that hustle....when you actually take some time to break down the match ups this team can square up with anyone. imagine kobe and one of Wes/x/farmar/swaggy cooking at the same damn time, the offense is gonna be stupid. not to mention any potential trades

Look at OUR roster bro :lol: You're taking a really positive look at ours, which is fine, but the Laker roster is more likely to level off than any other (and it's not like we have an outstanding record to begin with).

There are 3 lottery picks, age 26 and under, acquired without taking... because they were basically busts that teams didn't sign. We just scooped them up on the cheap because there wasn't a market for them, really. Of course Wes said he dreamed of playing here but let's not act like he shunned a line of other eager suitors to come. X signed on September 5 (free agency began on July 1)... he probably would've been in the D League if it hadn't been for us.

We're lucky they've been pretty solid for a month of the season... we'll be really lucky if they're as solid for the entire season... we'll be really really lucky if they improve over the season.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to not be positive because the fight and attitude of this team is impressive. I just want everyone to be realistic enough to realize it's still really likely the team isn't gonna be that good.

I want to believe you, i really do but our team isn't top 5. Spurs have experience, we have young bucks who are having fun playing ball. Kobe will help but not sure if Nash and Pau can stay healthy.

Just lookin at kobe....he looks about 5 lbs bulkier up top. More andre millering/sam casselling/1 legged dirk fadawaying. Which draws doubles down low.

just watch..

:lol: :lol:

Which one of you hired this guy? Come clean.

"Do you knock your mechanic for delivering your mail wrong?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Regarding our chances for the postseason...let's be real, unless one of those previously posted teams experience a significant injury with their top players, they will be the 1-7 seeds. Our team simply isn't talented/consistent enough (may still hold true once Kobe returns) to challenge a seed above 8th. It is what it is, but we are who our record says we are.

In all honesty...im not sold on the grizz....they didnt really add any diff makers and their offense goes stagnant quite frequently...the blazers are pretty much the same roster as last..I think the 6-8th seeds r up for grabs.

^^my bad..except mo williams and thomas robinson.

Theyre on pace to win 60+.

U think they sustain that?

^^my bad..except mo williams and thomas robinson.

Theyre on pace to win 60+.

U think they sustain that?

And Robin Lopez, and CJ McCollum, and Earl Watson, and Dorell Wright, or basically half their roster, it's pretty close to the same one from last year. :lol:

Course I don't expect them to reach 60+, but they'll get to 50 plus if they stay healthy, and since we won't be anywhere near 50, they'll easily stay ahead of us this season.

They haven't even had 2 seconds from their first round draft pick (McCollum) yet, so they still have toys to add to their arsenal as well.

Kobe is coming back, sure, but we're one vulva away from losing Pau, Nash and Farmar already dinged up, Blake is playing thru stuff, Hill and Kaman are known to have things happen, it won't be some easy stretch for our roster either, hence it's better to fall apart since we won't be parading in June anyways. Develop these kids we have now as best we can, and try to flip the old folks for any and everything we can get.

Lemme look at it from a nuetral POV.

Port is nice. Their CORE (LMa/Lillard/matthews/batum) is pretty much the same...robin lopez/d.wright...mo will..t.rob..nice additions...well see....52-54 wins....

But our lakers...if theyre healthy and clicking on all cylinders wont come anywhere near 50? From a nuetral standpoint? Not 46 wins? I think youre saying that assuming everything that can go wrong, goes wrong. So whats best case if most everything goes right? 39 wins?

Lemme look at it from a nuetral POV.

Port is nice. Their CORE (LMa/Lillard/matthews/batum) is pretty much the same...robin lopez/d.wright...mo will..t.rob..nice additions...well see....52-54 wins....

But our lakers...if theyre healthy and clicking on all cylinders wont come anywhere near 50? From a nuetral standpoint? Not 46 wins? I think youre saying that assuming everything that can go wrong, goes wrong. So whats best case if most everything goes right? 39 wins?
It's cause Portland's core is filled with young potential, all guys who are on the upslope of their careers.

The Lakers are all old guys and journeymen, it's just hard to expect them to come together like a young promising core. It is a little unfair and far from science, but both situations have to prove they can be good... and a young promising core has more tools to achieve it.

Last edited:
Since there is no game for a while, what's your favorite kobe moment? Mine was against the suns when he dunked on nash and when he got that game winner. Someone post video I'm on my phone
[cp] when he won 5 rings [/cp]

[ska] you mean when shaq won 3 and pau won 2? [/ska]
On point. 
laugh.gif

I can actually answer this, though. 
happy.gif
 Like for real answer. 
laugh.gif

My first PERSONAL Kobe moment, he actually dunked ALLL OVER Duncan in like 99 or 98, can't remember. I remember it was my first game at Staples, and this chick had got me Lakers tickets for us for Christmas. I was on the 200 level, and Kobe zipped through the left side of the key, Duncan turned, and... 
mean.gif

sick.gif

That's not necessarily my favorite, though.

Probably Frobe to Shaq, vs. Portland. Y'all know.

Or the game winner against Phoenix in like the 2007 or  2006 playoffs. We were (I think; help me out w/ all this, CP) down 1 with somewhere around 5 seconds left, out of bounds play on our side of the court.  jumpball that lead to Kobe bringing the ball up from the right halfcourt line. Every single part of me knew we would win the game. 
laugh.gif
 Inbound to Kobe, he dribbles to his spot on the left side of the FT line extended... ballgame. 
smokin.gif

And of course Kobe to Artest for 3 vs. BOSTON, GAME 7 
smokin.gif

smokin.gif

smokin.gif

Last edited:
Listening to 710 ESPN LA right now and John Ireland basically confirmed Kobe will be back this Friday at Sacramento.

What basically confirmed it was the NBA just now already added the Lakers @ Kings game to be shown on NBATV on Friday night.

:pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom