LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

i didnt watch the game today because it was too early
laugh.gif

but i checked the boxscore and it appears that lamar had one of those subpar games again.
i also noticed that they started him at sf.

what do you guys think his problem is?
do you think the lakes should keep him at pf.
it seems as if thats the position he has the most production from.
(see his december stats where he starts at pf with walton at sf and those big games where vlad would rack up early fouls)

or is it because kobe had a good game and lamar regressed and went into passive mode?

im curious to what you guys think.

he went into passive mode bc.
1) Kobe went to showman mode. Not much you can do but stand and watch or crash the boards and hope for follow up missedshot, because he's jackin it up from Brooklyn.(Not blaming Lamar this game, once a year Kobe gets to showboat for the MSG crowd.) But does get into passivemode when other team members are scoring. He'll go stretches when you don't even know he's in the game, no presence on both side of the court.

2) Lamar has a great left hand, but a poor to below average right hand, dribbling and finishing, which limits his dribble penetration to the left.
3) As swooping or smooth as he his going to the basket, Lamar is actually just an average speed NBA player. That means he can't get past players too oftenunless, he goes left, and even then he's prone to charges, instead of taking small fast steps past your opponents he has a long slow stride that can bepredicted.
4) About average jumpshot, his mechanics is off. He doesn't release the ball at the peak of his jump, he almost shoots in two motion. The lift and thenthe release. Not a fluid release at the top. Hard to have consistent nights when your main diet, the jumper, is not consistent.
5) Not a great finisher around the rim, especially on putbacks. However, he can finish his dunks, wish he uses that more often. But season dunk countdoesn't show any signs of improvement, unlike Bynums dunk count.
6) FT, no concentration whatsoever, almost in a rush and falls back on most shots. Thus, an inconsistent %

On D.
1) Poor man to man defense, never really face up an opponent. Gives alot of cushion, almost daring the opponents to take the shot. Which they do!
2) Slow to closeout jump shooters, most of the time his defensive stance is too wide for him to react to a quick pull up jumpshot. Allowing the opponent toelevate with almost an uncontested shot.
3) Likes to play blocker, but does not have anticipation ability, 1 block a game for career ave., despite his 7'+ wingspan and 6'10" frame. Whichgets him out of position and potentially foul prone.
4) Rebound is his only strength and even then, he lacks fundamentals or insist on not using it. Rarely will you see him pull down a board with 2 hands.
5) Improved on defending the pick, but still does not stop ball as effectively or recover quick enough for rotation, thus forcing weak side to collapse forhelp

If I was the opposing scout, I would expose all his weakness, and really go at him, despite his length. Below average defender and blocker. On offense, justdeny him the ball and you'll be playing 5 on 4. Cus he won't make the effort to get the ball in his hands, even with Kobe out. Nothing has changed.

i hope we stay injury free this whoLe season...
Also, does anyone know when the Lakers will wear their 1987 throwbacks??

co-sign...are we gonna wear our bLue minny jerseys too this year to commemorate 60 yrs?

If we can get through the next 2 weeks with a .500 record, looking at our schedule the majority of the teams we have to play aren't very good after thatbut the next 2 1/2 weeks are brutal (PHX, DEN, DAL, SA, CLE, and DET) to round out January. So Kobe is definitely gonna have to go into beast mode to keep usin the upper echelon of the West.

so, i FINALLY decided to get league pass online........the only lakers game that I have caught prior to the xmas game was at indiana, at golden state, vs.spurs.........i hate the cable here

Originally Posted by nnarum

8 Days remaining until I give #24 his deserving boo's. I'll supply pics.
u used to Love kobe shut up and get out of Laker threads if you're just gonna hate dude ok!

anyways heres what i think we shouLd do...trade odumb and kwame for j.o then we shouLd sign cwebb

starting 5
pg-d.fish
sg-kobe
sf-LUUUKE
pf-cwebb or ronny
c-j.o

sound Legit?!

what is your favorite Laker moment?

here's mine
-magic's hookshot game 4 over the ceLtics
-horry's game winning three game 4 over the kings
-kobe's oop to shaq in game 7 against the bLazers
that's about it...i was just 1 yr oLd when magic's hook happened but ive seen this highLight over and over again and i understood the importance of itand magic is the greatest ever...so those were my favorite Laker moment what's yours?

i think he got some championship rings doing that
my broadcasting professor said that all employees of the team get a ring (at least for the lakers/angels because she knows people in thoseorganizations). the ushers, parking lot attendants, etc. they're just not iced out like the players, but at least its something. can anyone confirm this?

Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

btw nas whos edge pinning on ur avy?
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
..its been a minute since i watched wwf or wwe whatever they caLLed it now a days

it's a girl that used to be in ecw...the avy is from one night stand 05.

pimp.gif
edge

Mihm needs to step up, I assume we'll start to see Bynum getting into foul trouble early and then becoming a non factor for a while. Hopefully he'll step up on D as well.

even the reverse is true, start Mihm, and he's prone to picking up early fouls..

Frenchblue, did you remove the original adidas logo first then repatch it with the 60th Ann. patch or did you just patch it over? b/c don't you need toiron patches on usually?

Man anything is better then sasha never saw a shot he didn't like vujacic.

I am still trying to figure out why we are paying vlad 5 mil a season. They had a chance to void that contract and they didn't.
mad.gif

Hey yo, I love Lakers . I wish everyone stay healthy and please no more drama Bean boy. We're looking real good right now. Let's get the championshipback to LA.

Okay, that 10 game suspension for LO rumor is outta here...
laugh.gif

Lakers F Odom suspended

January 1, 2008

NEW YORK (TICKER) -- The NBA on Tuesday suspended Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom for one game.

Odom's ban stems from him picking up a flagrant-2 foul in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game against the Boston Celtics.

Odom, who is averaging 14.1 points, will miss Friday's game against the Philadelphia 76ers.

lakers will make playoffs this season there more experienced & there bench has improved....ever since kobe called the team out sayin trade bynumect.....we've seen a different lakers team

Originally Posted by thejrob

I know this is random but I have been a huge fan my whole life and this year I even have season tickets, but I have never figured out who this guy is.

He goes to every single game and sits on the floor. White guy, seems to know everybody, and always has a paper rolled up that he claps with. I know he must be rollin and that hes famous in some way.

If anyone knows thanks its been botherin me lately.

I've been wondering who the hell this guy is for quite some time now too. I remember seeing a video before the season started of fans talking about theLakers and being a fan. Low and behold, that same fool with the rolled up paper is there. Smacking his hand with it.

Also, the old Asian lady with the big glasses.

No clue, but it must be one of the best jobs in the world though.
Someone that worked at Costco(South City cell phone department) had a 2001 championship ring. I asked him about it and he said he worked for the organization. I took a pic of it on my old phone but lost it.

Back
Top Bottom